Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Wellens vs Pearson

Does anyone not think that, should Pearson have a disagreement with a player he values and wants to keep he smoothes things over, should he fall out with an overpaid and potentially disruptive one (who he therefore does not want to keep) he simply doesn't bother because doing so would be detrimental to getting rid of them which is his overall goal.

He's always struck me as a manager who has a very close bond with the players he wants to use (always defends them in press, hugging them as they leave the pitch etc) but ones outside of that group are of no use to him so he doesn't need to make this effort. If you were a player which category would you rather fall into? The one of players being played, feeling valued and part of the team spirit? Or part of the ones cast aside?

Treating the deadwood as outcasts creates tighter bonds for the ones in the valued group and eases the departure from the club of those outside of that group or makes them work harder to get back into this group (see what Shakespeare said about Gallagher earlier this season). Comparisons with other clubs aren't really appropriate as:

a) they don't have as much overpaid deadwood that they HAVE to get rid of. Let's not forget this was partly what Pearson was tasked with doing.

and

b) it does happen at other clubs! The best manager in the world (SAF) regularly, callously casts aside players that are no longer of use to him (e.g. Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Barthez)

Finally, I think this whole Pearson falling out with players business has become a bit of a cliche. Every time something's not right there's a joke made about him falling out with/head-butting someone. Idiots believe it, pass it on to other people in the true spirit of gossip and it comes back round to being raised as a viable suggestion for whatever's gone wrong (see Wood this year).

Does anyone not think that, should Pearson have a disagreement with a player he values and wants to keep he smoothes things over, should he fall out with an overpaid and potentially disruptive one (who he therefore does not want to keep) he simply doesn't bother because doing so would be detrimental to getting rid of them which is his overall goal.

He's always struck me as a manager who has a very close bond with the players he wants to use (always defends them in press, hugging them as they leave the pitch etc) but ones outside of that group are of no use to him so he doesn't need to make this effort. If you were a player which category would you rather fall into? The one of players being played, feeling valued and part of the team spirit? Or part of the ones cast aside?

Treating the deadwood as outcasts creates tighter bonds for the ones in the valued group and eases the departure from the club of those outside of that group or makes them work harder to get back into this group (see what Shakespeare said about Gallagher earlier this season). Comparisons with other clubs aren't really appropriate as:

a) they don't have as much overpaid deadwood that they HAVE to get rid of. Let's not forget this was partly what Pearson was tasked with doing.

and

b) it does happen at other clubs! The best manager in the world (SAF) regularly, callously casts aside players that are no longer of use to him (e.g. Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Barthez)

Finally, I think this whole Pearson falling out with players business has become a bit of a cliche. Every time something's not right there's a joke made about him falling out with/head-butting someone. Idiots believe it, pass it on to other people in the true spirit of gossip and it comes back round to being raised as a viable suggestion for whatever's gone wrong (see Wood this year).

This is equally one of those rumours that has gained traction because it gets quoted as a defence for his failure so often. Has anyone form the club, Top or NP EVER said that??? I've heard one task and one task only. Promotion.

Yes successful managers have to also say goodbye to players that have served them well and overtime need to be replaced. The inner circle and outer circle of NP seems too easy to fall out of - basically disagree with anything he says and that's it, no more hugs from mr badger.....

Someone with more leadership like SAF would listen to the point and react accordingly ... I just think NP hasn't got that same confidence of a top manager and therefore if you question him he has to get rid of the discenting voice because he hasn't got any other way that he knows how to deal with it.

I'm just guessing like everyone else though so don't ask a source - it's just my observations of him.

He either bought them, played them or failed to sell them??? He hasn't managed them effectively???

Do you see these sorts of exploits and fall outs with Man Utd players??

What like alleged fall outs with Rooney every 30 seconds?

Fergies Boycott of the BBC?

Kicking a boot at Beckhams head?

Perhaps a list of some will help...

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1333795-sir-alex-fergusons-10-most-famous-spats-with-players/page/3

This is equally one of those rumours that has gained traction because it gets quoted as a defence for his failure so often. Has anyone form the club, Top or NP EVER said that??? I've heard one task and one task only. Promotion.

Yes successful managers have to also say goodbye to players that have served them well and overtime need to be replaced. The inner circle and outer circle of NP seems too easy to fall out of - basically disagree with anything he says and that's it, no more hugs from mr badger.....

Someone with more leadership like SAF would listen to the point and react accordingly ... I just think NP hasn't got that same confidence of a top manager and therefore if you question him he has to get rid of the discenting voice because he hasn't got any other way that he knows how to deal with it.

I'm just guessing like everyone else though so don't ask a source - it's just my observations of him.

It's not a rumour we had to start cutting back, see the FFP articles I posted previously.

So in conclusion.... either Pearson can't man manage... or some modern day footballers have inflated egos.

Could it be that it's a mixture of the two? Pearson is obviously of the type where what the manager says, goes. Period. I think he probably believes he shouldn't have to manage petulant opinionated spoilt brats ( as he sees them) he probably thinks they are the cancer of football and wants them away from his team!

Archived