Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Wellens vs Pearson

Finnegan's post a couple of weeks back, arriving at the Birmingham match to see Wellens leaving in a car before kick-off, spitting out of the window seems interesting now.... http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/87376-brum-team-selection-scoreline-prediction-etc/page__st__100

I hope this sourness is just the odd player with a grudge and not more generalised. We need a sound squad base from which to push on whichever division we're in and whether or not Pearson stays as manager (so long as he has some idea how to improve on whatever's gone wrong over the last 3 months, I hope he does stay).

Seem to remember a post from a three or four home games back saying Wellens was driving away from the ground about an hour before kick off. Hardly the actions of a fully committed squad member. Never mind he'll only be earning about another £800,000 before his contract runs out.

That was me. No rumour, no speculation, saw him with my own two eyes. Had the window down and spat out of it where Raw Dykes meets Walnut / Upperton, charming individual!

Wasn't the Watford game, though. It was Birmingham home I think?

sean st ledger had a bust up with nigel got sent out on loan to millwall same as beckford n danns too dont think it the club fault more like the manger

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? THEY'RE ALL SHITE PLAYERS WHO DON'T DESERVE THEIR WAGES, WHY IS THAT NIGEL'S FVCKING FAULT!!!?!

cos the club told him at the start of the season play offs or your gone we not in the plays off doubt we get in the plays off so it another fail season again nigel as to go fight with team aint good as well

Surely the fact that Pearson's allegedly fell out with nearly every player over the last few years state that his man management is fooking diabolical.

Or maybe times have changed and his method doesn't work.

Players are becoming too concerned with who has the biggest bollocks it seems. If they don't get their own way then they strop and strand like little kids. Danns was a prime example of this, wasn't getting picked so he drives away on match day.

I don't know, personally I wouldn't want a manager putting their arm around a player like Wellens because he'd ultimately want back into the first team and he's shit. Again, like I said last night, we can't get rid because of their high wage extended contracts. Nice one on that, Sven/Hoos/Svroroppidadpp whatever the fvck their name is.

Angry.

I can absolutely see why People like John Robertson are falling out of love with modern football and specifically the modern footballer. Could it possibly be that an average championship footballer who is ( allegedly) earning 20k let it go to his head ( allegedly). footballers really have changed over the last 10-20 years I remember the likes of Tony James driving up to the stadium in his old clapped out Volvo grinning from ear to ear because someone had asked for his autograph ( me!)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? THEY'RE ALL SHITE PLAYERS WHO DON'T DESERVE THEIR WAGES, WHY IS THAT NIGEL'S FVCKING FAULT!!!?!

He either bought them, played them or failed to sell them??? He hasn't managed them effectively???

Do you see these sorts of exploits and fall outs with Man Utd players??

I can absolutely see why People like John Robertson are falling out of love with modern football and specifically the modern footballer. Could it possibly be that an average championship footballer who is ( allegedly) earning 20k let it go to his head ( allegedly). footballers really have changed over the last 10-20 years I remember the likes of Tony James driving up to the stadium in his old clapped out Volvo grinning from ear to ear because someone had asked for his autograph ( me!)

TEEEEEEE JAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

He either bought them, played them or failed to sell them??? He hasn't managed them effectively???

Did you just compare Nigel Pearson to Alex Ferguson?

He bought 1/4 players he's allegedly had a bust up with this season and even then he was criticised for making Wellens one of his 'favourites'.

Well what a surprise, the minute a player falls out with Coco the player is at fault, is useless and should leave.

Is there another club where there are so many rumours of people falling out with the manager?

Is it one of the reasons why we seem incapable of signing the experienced players we so clearly needed as the season went on?

Well what a surprise, the minute a player falls out with Coco the player is at fault, is useless and should leave.

Is there another club where there are so many rumours of people falling out with the manager?

Is it one of the reasons why we seem incapable of signing the experienced players we so clearly needed as the season went on?

In fairness, people have been saying Wellens is useless and should leave for months now!

Agreed but it's taken them a bloody long time to see it, many have been saying it for a 2 or 3 seasons but apparently he was player of the season once.

For me it doesn't matter whether the player is one of our best or one of ou worst, this constant (alleged) falling out is a sign that something is wrong at the club.

why, when all the talk about overpaid players is going on... no-one ever mentions Pearsons tidy little million plus package?

30k a week is it?

Bonus for promotion?

Agreed but it's taken them a bloody long time to see it, many have been saying it for a 2 or 3 seasons but apparently he was player of the season once.

For me it doesn't matter whether the player is one of our best or one of ou worst, this constant (alleged) falling out is a sign that something is wrong at the club.

Or a sign there's a lot of rumour-mongers and idiots that believe anything they read

Archived