Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Billy Davies

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nottingham-forests-billy-davies-holds-1868776?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Poison Dwarf's pre-post-match press conference. lol

David Moore: So for the record and having had a chat with most of my colleagues in the room, why Billy are we doing a post-match press conference before the match?

Billy Davies: I think it’s quite simple David. All throughout the season you guys are priority after the game – always.

DM: That’s kind of you...

BD: This is the last game of the season. We’ve sold over 10,000 season tickets, this is a day – in my opinion – where we have to show a huge thank you to the support of Nottingham Forest.

DM: Absolutely.

BD: We’ve got to walk around the pitch, I’ve got to do sponsors, I have got to go into the board room to see the chairman and the people that have travelled far and wide to come to the game. This is one day where the fans come first.

DM: It’s also one day when time is our ally particularly in terms of the written press and we don’t have any pressing concerns to grab you ASAP. We would be happy to wait for almost as long as it takes – even an hour and a half even. It’s very important to us to talk to the manager of Nottingham Forest in the wake of what is, unquestionably, the most important match thus far in the season.

BD: Yes, but my priorities are elsewhere today. I have to show, in my opinion...

DM: Can you not do us as well later?

BD: Well David Kelly will do you.

DM: Sorry?

BD: David Kelly’s coming in after the game.

DM: Well with the greatest respect to Ned we’d rather see you after the game.

BD: Well with the greatest respect to you guys who have shown all season and were priority I have bigger fish to fry with regard to the respect of fans, sponsors and people who have travelled far and wide, to the chairman, his people and this is one day I feel I need to give them a bit of respect.

DM: There’s not much point in talking about what might happen after the match, in terms of talking to you know, have you come in with anything specific you want to say to us or can we make the shape of what we want to try and get out of it and see if you concur?

BD : I’ve come in to give you respect and speak to you before the game. Knowing what I have to do before the game, I didn’t want to ignore you or disrespect you in anyway. So what I have done is give you the utmost respect in giving you a press conference before the game...

DM: I shouldn’t think any of us have ever done a press conference about a football match or on a football match day before the game Billy. Whether that amounts to full respect I’m not convinced Billy...

BD: Well there’s always a first David.

DM: So are you prepared to, in a held till after the football match way, talk to us as you might talk to us in the scenario of Nottingham Forest having achieved a play-off place and also talk to us as how you see the scene if Forest unfortunately haven’t got into the play-offs? Or is it absolutely the same message come what may?

BD: Win, lose or draw it’s the same thing. Before the game I’ve given you the respect and afterwards I feel there are other priorities given it’s the last game of the season with the walk around and the bits and pieces. If we do get there, I’m sure you and I will speak prior to the play-offs next week some time.

DM: So are you not prepared to discuss how the land will lie and how you see the next few days and weeks if you got into the play-offs for instance?

BD: I’m happy to arrange a press conference.

DM: But that’s what we’re doing now.           

161789713-1868753.jpgFocusing on the fans: Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies
Getty

Ben White (Nottingham Forest acting press officer): Does anyone have any questions they’d like to ask?

Sky Sports' Bianca Westwood: Billy win, lose or draw today, whether you make the play-offs or not, how do you assess how your players have done since you returned?

BD: Well I have to say when I came in it was a clear holding position. When I came in it was a holding position absolutely. I have to say win, lose or draw I’m absolutely thrilled and delighted. When I sat down and looked at the big clubs that are sitting at the bottom of this table fighting relegation and the clubs that have been here and sitting mid-table – Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Derby, you could name  many big clubs that are either fighting relegation or not in a position to find themselves in the play-offs. From that point of view I’m very pleased and delighted with the efforts of the players.

Sky: Talking about the efforts of the players, how do you assess how they’ve done?

BD: I think they’ve done great. Two defeats in 14. I think they’ve responded brilliantly, they’ve been excellent and I can’t fault what they’ve given me. My job begins in the summer.

Sky: How do they go into this one having to rely on others? Without fear?

BD: We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It’s a celebration day. We came in very late in the day and having to do what we had to do to pick the players up and move them on. As I said a couple of weeks ago it was a huge job to come in and pick the confidence up. Today no matters what happens it will be a celebration. Win, lose or draw I will certainly be thanking the players, the staff and every person at the club for their tremendous effort and support.

Sky: Do you feel you’ve achieved what you set out to?

BD: It’s a holding position. It was clearly a holding position for me to come in and take over this football club as to where it was and what the position was. It was all about doing the best we could over 14 or 15 games but the response I’ve got has been very pleasing. I’m obviously delighted to do what we have.

Sky: If you don’t make the play-offs how much of a disappointment will it be?

BD: How can it be a disappointment? Ask Wolves, Blackburn and Birmingham if this is a disappointing position? Ask Middlesbrough, Derby and Leeds and then compare that to our season and that tells you where we are.

Ian Baker: Assuming you win today and make the play-offs Billy, how confident will you be about the play-offs?

BD: I’m confident every single time we get to a position like this. If you look at the last couple of weeks of the big European games at this stage of the season, we all know it takes a little bit of luck, a refereeing decision and things on the day to go for you. That’s what the end of season battles – semi-finals, finals – are all about. I’m very confident in the squad and what they are giving me. All we can do is the best with what we have.

IB: If the scenario goes against you today, clearly you’d be quite happy going into next season with the progress you’ve made...

BD: The work begins in the summer, my work is just beginning. This is a holding position, clearly my work will start in the summer and I can’t wait to get to the summer.

Paul Taylor: How many signings do you think you need to make to make it competitive?

BD: I don’t know. I don’t know yet.

PT: Are you nearly there?

BD: I’m not sure yet to be honest.

BW: OK guys, thank you very much, we will have to shoot off now.

Filming journos to keep a record of who asks what, was weird enough.

But this is just bizarre.

Something very wrong at that club.

They interfere in transfers then appoint a manager who fell out with the club for their 'transfer panel' interfering in transfers

They sacked everyone who'd been at club for a while. Staff didn't get paid a couple of months ago, they turned that Boyd deal into a farce... Then they win a game & the owner is talking about competing in the Champions League.

Hopefully it implodes over the summer.

Another Billy mess up at a crucial time. They had a great chance, none of this "Oh well, look where we were when I took over" bollocks, they were at home, with 26k of their own fans backing them, against a team who had won 2 in 16 and none of their last nine away.

Everything was in their favour to win the match and they didn't. Brilliant.

Archived