Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GorlestonFox

Robin Hood vs Richard III

I'm from Robin Hood Country so I'm going with him. (sorry guys!)

Here underneath this little stone

Lies Robert Earl of Huntington

Never archer there as he so good

And people called him

Robin Hood Such outlaws as him and his men

Will England never see again

I'm from Robin Hood Country so I'm going with him. (sorry guys!)

Here underneath this little stone

Lies Robert Earl of Huntington

Never archer there as he so good

And people called him

Robin Hood Such outlaws as him and his men

Will England never see again

You're from Doncaster? Lovely part of the world

The extensive forest of Loxley extended as far south east as Nottinghamshire, where it joined up with Sherwood Forest.

On that same Wikipedia page it says 'Ballads from the High Middle Ages published in the Child Ballads such as A Gest of Robyn Hode, Robin Hood and the Monk, Robin Hood and Guy of Gisborne, and Robin Hood and the Potter, as well as Sir Walter Scott's 1820 novel Ivanhoe all point to a possible South Yorkshire birth for the legend.'

It's the general consensus that he was actually from Yorkshire.

And Little John was from Leicester and he beat Robin in that stick fight so there :P

Undoubtably Richard III, if he could be bothered to go to Doncaster he would cut his thieving head off.

He could be bothered... He used to travel between York and Leicester, and stay in the exact town where I'm actually from. (We don't try and claim him. Nobody has cared for the last 300 years, or whatever).

He could be bothered... He used to travel between York and Leicester, and stay in the exact town where I'm actually from. (We don't try and claim him. Nobody has cared for the last 300 years, or whatever).

Sorry, was this a serious historical question? ;)

Sorry, was this a serious historical question? ;)

Not sure. I'm getting into it now  lol

... Will have to continue post match though (everybody can't wait for that), I'm heading over to the match thread!

Archived