Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

'Plastic' fans

again, we have till 8pm tuesday, why the need to buy them today?

Well for starters it looks like their system is not reserving one of my season tickets, but I cant get hold of them to find out why, and their system keeps crashing.

I am going to shit the bed and go down there tomorrow morning before I get ****ed over.

As I said before, season ticket holders should have had a clear 1st day to sort themselves out before letting any bod walk in and buy tickets.

Well for starters it looks like their system is not reserving one of my season tickets, but I cant get hold of them to find out why, and their system keeps crashing.

I am going to shit the bed and go down there tomorrow morning before I get ****ed over.

As I said before, season ticket holders should have had a clear 1st day to sort themselves out before letting any bod walk in and buy tickets.

Make sure you put your tampon back in in before you go down.

im talking about the home game.

Ok fair enough, but I get a distinct impression that the majority queuing at the stadium today are there for away tickets, and let's be honest, you can be damn sure they're not all p1's and will be sold tickets.

Ok fair enough, but I get a distinct impression that the majority queuing at the stadium today are there for away tickets, and let's be honest, you can be damn sure they're not all p1's and will be sold tickets.

It depends who serves you at the ticket office. The guy who served me just asked if we were P1 (which we are). Don't think he checked anything else, just asked the question and took our word for it.

i don't mind new fans, it's when they crawl back into the woodwork when we start losing. Then get a ticket on the sly for away games like Forest through a mate in the ticket office meaning somebody who is P2 misses out, that's what angers people i think 

I don't like the idea of a lot of new fans getting season tickets and then the fans who have supported leicester for the last 10 years have to fight them for away ticket. Personally it won't effect me as i will be priority 2 but i feel sorry for the proper fans who won't be able to get tickets to the big games.

Correct me if I'm wrong but surely the Old Traffords and Emirates of this world have a significantly larger away allocation don't they?

I do agree that mismanagement of priority STHs by the ticket office is unfair, they need to sort that out deffo.

Agree, doesn't matter how you support Leicester, we all do it in our own way.

Money and time permitted I would like to be at every game, home and away, and do get to a lot.

That said that doesn't mean I am more or less of a Leicester fan than somebody that listens on the radio or watches on tv.

We have to respect that we all have different circumstances, and priorities, you don't have to live and breath Leicester city to be a supporter.

But good post, a lot on here think it's a competition, who is the best, most loyal city fan.

We are all Leicester city fans, and all want the club to do well.

Good post, I agree

I work 24/7 shifts and I only get to about 8-10 games a season these days but I have been either a season ticket holder or member for over 30 years, certainly no less a supporter than anyone else

It depends who serves you at the ticket office. The guy who served me just asked if we were P1 (which we are). Don't think he checked anything else, just asked the question and took our word for it.

This is what really annoys me about the club (obviously not that they sold you a ticket) but that their staff are incompetent and can't follow basic procedures.

I know that you are on the committee, so could you please raise this at the next meeting as it is totally unacceptable, and means genuine fans who have backed the club all season miss out on the big games unless they also try and pull a fast one.

Make sure you put your tampon back in in before you go down.

I expect dim wit responses like that from florist, not our own fans.

only gripe i have with some "plastic fans" is when they sometimes get away tickets before some STH get the chance.

I agree with this also, it seems you can show up at the ticket office and just tell them you are P1 and hey presto!

This is what really annoys me about the club (obviously not that they sold you a ticket) but that their staff are incompetent and can't follow basic procedures.

I know that you are on the committee, so could you please raise this at the next meeting as it is totally unacceptable, and means genuine fans who have backed the club all season miss out on the big games unless they also try and pull a fast one.

Will do. Next meeting is end of this month.

i don't mind new fans, it's when they crawl back into the woodwork when we start losing. 

I take your point but surely it's consumer choice? Buying a match ticket is the same as buying anything else. Do you go and see a sequel to a bad first film, or buy a band's second album if you thought the first was terrible? If a team's not performing people can vote with their feet (or their pockets). 

I'm not meaning to be controversial. I do know loyalty and commitment is very, very important.

I agree with this also, it seems you can show up at the ticket office and just tell them you are P1 and hey presto!

maybe they need to do something like show your ST & proof of ID or something when getting away tickets....instead of just a reference number.

I had a season ticket ever since we moved to the "walkers" but had to give it up season before this one, got my own house, bills to pay for etc.

I still try and get to as many games as I can afford home and away during the season, yet I still have people that say "You haven't been here all year" blah blah ..

So, because I haven't been to the game, I obviously haven't seen our scoreline, or read match reports, or watched highlights on foxesplayer.  ;)

I'm all for wandering fans that'll appear if we do make it to the promised land, but the more money the club makes the better.

COYB.  :pearson:

As I live away from Leicester its hard for me to get to the games. But its titles such as 'Plastic Fans' that put me off travelling down to sit the lads that go week in week out.

Thanks Alot

Don't let it out you off, all city fans should be welcomed and encouraged to go even if its once or twice a season

Don't let it out you off, all city fans should be welcomed and encouraged to go even if its once or twice a season

Welcomed by a select few saying on here that were not real fans because we don't book time off work and pay 200 quid a round trip to the KP every saturday you mean? lol

Havent been to a Leicester match since the relegation to L1 season.

I still follow the results though and have a pop at players I've never seen play before!

hahaha... sure i've heard you on the moan in as well...

I get the impression the only people who use the term 'plastic fan' are indeed the ones who don't go to that many games. It's like a paranoia.

As with filling the ground- There are 3 scenarios I think.

1. To have the ground rammed with an atmosphere to suit - like Man City at home

2. To have 8k fans their with a fantastic atmosphere

3. To have a full ground with a shit atmosphere. Real Madrid style perhaps.

Those scenarios are in my order of preference. I honestly wouldnt want 3 to be above 2.

I've no problem with people who turn up once or twice, I would just like people to know who the players are, instead of shouting "Well in, Dyer" when Andy King makes a good pass.

As I live away from Leicester its hard for me to get to the games. But its titles such as 'Plastic Fans' that put me off travelling down to sit the lads that go week in week out.

Thanks Alot

I don't know why people get so offended at the same time though. If you care enough that you don't feel you're a 'plastic' fan, then you probably aren't one.

I've got someone on Facebook who doesn't even like football and has bought tickets. The bastard.

This is what pisses me off more than anything, bandwagoners going just to say they're going.

Archived