Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

'Plastic' fans

Always a strange one, once upon a time under Pleat and Little i would travel home and away from Cheltenham, under Pleat watched ome proper crap. Saw plenty of games under Mon and sadly under Taylor then work commitments took over and now i have moved nearer i go less and less. Now i live in Leicester i hardly go but o i care less about our club? Don't think so.

As for loyal true supporters i lived near Swadlincote and had a customer who followed Hartlepool home and away and hadn't missed a game in over 15yrs, think that puts anyof us to shame, also back in the day i used to see a guy going up the motorway M5/M6 following Slough, hats off to him.

So follow the club how you like but if you expect us to win everygame follow Man U

We could've made a lot more noise yesterday, quite a few people just standing doing nothing. If the away games start simmering down and there's a gradual decline then I'll be annoyed. We generally make a lot of noise away and give a good account of ourselves, but if we got into the Prem and it encourages the plastics because of inflated prices and 'better football' it'll be sad

I don't think it will be a problem ... if I recall correctly, there was a similar fiasco before the Cardiff home leg and after the initial rush the demand subsided to the point that LCFC gave Cardiff a larger away allocation just to shift tickets. Even then I don't think the home areas sold out.

You always have a hardcore fan base and you will always have fans who for one reason or another don't get to games but they are still fans, sometimes you need a break to recharge your commitment because everyone goes through bad patches on being a supporter but can't take anymore. As far as I'm concerned all welcome and make them feel welcome, get behind your team, the more the merrier.

People get so touchy over nothin these days. Does it really bother grown men (and women) if someone else calls you a "plastic fan" on the internet? I miss the PAPs.

People get so touchy over nothin these days. Does it really bother grown men (and women) if someone else calls you a "plastic fan" on the internet? I miss the PAPs.

PAPs Ho!

(They assemble like Thundercats right?)

Really not bothered about insults traded on the Internet! But as a newcomer to this forum it does seem that a lot of emphasis is placed on loyalty equalling how many games you've been to e.g. Only vote for your player of the match 'if you actually went' - how many people would have loved to be there yesterday but couldn't?

I've been a Leicester fan all my life, since I was a child and am now in my mid thirties. When I was young and single I had a season ticket, went to every home game and a good proportion of aways, back in the days when you could just decide to go and buy an away ticket on the gate (some god awful places, Oxford's ground?!). Now I have a young family which brings with it responsibilities and financial constraints. So whilst I'd give my eye teeth to still follow my team home and away, week in week out, I simply can't afford it and my family commitments don't allow for it. I still make a good proportion of home games arranging childcare for my youngest. I don't think my older boy is old enough for away games yet.

I follow my team on the radio, online and through text updates when i can't go. I've loved them for 30 years. I was jumping around my living room screaming with the rest of you at full time yesterday.

Plastic fan?

Really not bothered about insults traded on the Internet! But as a newcomer to this forum it does seem that a lot of emphasis is placed on loyalty equalling how many games you've been to e.g. Only vote for your player of the match 'if you actually went' - how many people would have loved to be there yesterday but couldn't?

I've been a Leicester fan all my life, since I was a child and am now in my mid thirties. When I was young and single I had a season ticket, went to every home game and a good proportion of aways, back in the days when you could just decide to go and buy an away ticket on the gate (some god awful places, Oxford's ground?!). Now I have a young family which brings with it responsibilities and financial constraints. So whilst I'd give my eye teeth to still follow my team home and away, week in week out, I simply can't afford it and my family commitments don't allow for it. I still make a good proportion of home games arranging childcare for my youngest. I don't think my older boy is old enough for away games yet.

I follow my team on the radio, online and through text updates when i can't go. I've loved them for 30 years. I was jumping around my living room screaming with the rest of you at full time yesterday.

Plastic fan?

The full PVCu mate according to some

Plastic fan?

Oh come on!! How would you have a balanced view on MOTM if you had it on the radio?!

The problem with the term plastics so to speak is that there maybe people with a passing interest in the city and who may sit down and watch a game on sky.

They may argue they can't afford to go every week. But tend to be the first to complain when they then have to wait/queue to get a ticket.

Today being an example 3hour queues for tickets. Why oh why did they not use the 2 days for seasos and members only. Instead any fcuker can queue for tickets.

Then you have the wembley issue. When we get to wembley we all of a sudden have 36k supporters.

Do we fcuk. Every ****er that lives in leicestershire in a man utd, spurs, liverpool or chelsea shirt wants a ****ing ticket because it's wembley and i'm sorry but they are ***** and piss me off.

I follow my club and have done for years and dont want to be stood next to some sky, armchair utd fan who has been to old trafford less times than me.

To be fair the "only vote if you went" is meant to discourage people from voting based on the radio commentary which is often biased.

I never vote if i didn't go or watch it on a stream as you can't really judge it based on a commentary.

Fair enough, I can see that. I wasn't wanting to vote, perhaps I chose a bad example to illustrate my point.

Suppose I just get irritated by lumping everyone who doesn't currently have a season ticket as a 'plastic' fan, the people who rock up at Wembley finals without even knowing who the players are annoy me as much as anyone. But there's lots of real fans who make as many games as they can in their circumstances.

Oh and I guess I'm perhaps just jealous, wish I was in a position to be a p1 season ticket holder and had been there yesterday!

Some people forget that the priority system is based on the last season, not this one.

It doesn't matter how many you've been to this season....

Was a season ticket holder for 3 years, couldn't get one due to work commitments this year, am I classed as a plastic armchair fan? There needs to be some sort of dictionary entry on the word, because us so called 'fans' are struggling to label ourselves here. 

Help would be much appreciated.

The problem with the term plastics so to speak is that there maybe people with a passing interest in the city and who may sit down and watch a game on sky.

They may argue they can't afford to go every week. But tend to be the first to complain when they then have to wait/queue to get a ticket.

Today being an example 3hour queues for tickets. Why oh why did they not use the 2 days for seasos and members only. Instead any fcuker can queue for tickets.

Then you have the wembley issue. When we get to wembley we all of a sudden have 36k supporters.

Do we fcuk. Every ****er that lives in leicestershire in a man utd, spurs, liverpool or chelsea shirt wants a ****ing ticket because it's wembley and i'm sorry but they are ***** and piss me off.

I follow my club and have done for years and dont want to be stood next to some sky, armchair utd fan who has been to old trafford less times than me.

I totally agree with this. IF we get to Wembley a fair few of my glory friends will be wanting to go; which pis$es me off! For example, some guy in one of my class was bragging of how Man Utd had won the league (when he's most likely never been to their ground before), I laugh because glory fans like him will never know what WE felt like yesterday and yet he would take a huge interest in Leicester, all of a sudden, if we went to Wembley

I went to Derby for the first time this year, the result may have contributed to this, but I disliked it. It was full of mainly younger teenagers and day-trippers who just sang the same song over and over again. Away days like Norwich were class and I'm sure Nottingham, yesterday, was much better than the times we had brought nearly/over 4000 fans.

Archived