Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

The only way is Schlupp

What is the general consensus with our fans regarding Schlupp now?

Should he be a regular starter for city am if so what position should he play?

Konchesky's performances have deteriated at the back end of this season so is be happy for Jeff to start in front of him. Got a lot of promise for his age and seems like he could be a real fans favourite

Konchesky's performances have deteriated at the back end of this season so is be happy for Jeff to start in front of him. Got a lot of promise for his age and seems like he could be a real fans favourite

My favourite player, adore the kid, genuinely hope he succeeds with us and goes onto better things.

I don't buy into this Konchesky crap at all. It's just another bandwagon. I can't believe people say he's poor yet I reckon I was the only one on here who said Cunningham was shit!

Schlupp however has been very very impressive. Both at left back and up front. I couldn't stand the love in with him last year, but now he's played a bit more regularly.. That or his stint at OT has done him a world of good.

Its a tough one to call for the semi's though. Whatever you think of Konchesky he has tonnes of experience which will not be a bad thing at this stage

I don't buy into this Konchesky crap at all. It's just another bandwagon. I can't believe people say he's poor yet I reckon I was the only one on here who said Cunningham was shit!

Schlupp however has been very very impressive. Both at left back and up front. I couldn't stand the love in with him last year, but now he's played a bit more regularly.. That or his stint at OT has done him a world of good.

Its a tough one to call for the semi's though. Whatever you think of Konchesky he has tonnes of experience which will not be a bad thing at this stage

I never said Konchesky was shit, infact I think he's been a great signing for us. Last season he was Mr consistency but in this bad run he has stood out for me as being particularly poor. Still got a role to play at the club though

What games have you been watching?

I never said Konchesky was shit, infact I think he's been a great signing for us. Last season he was Mr consistency but in this bad run he has stood out for me as being particularly poor. Still got a role to play at the club though

No I know you didn't. Several people have said he's been poor. I personally haven't seen these poor performances though.

What games have you been watching?

Give me an example of where he's played poorly then or been to blame for us conceding? I can't think of any. Certainly none like last season (West Ham away)

He's had a couple of blustery performances up front, some of which work, Derby away, some of which he looks like Bambi in the headlights, Watford at home.

He's got too much to learn to be 1st choice up front & everyone of our games is too important to coach him through games. If he is to be a forward then he needs more time with either the development squad or loaning out to a top Lg1 side.

I have been much more impressed with him at LB, where pace is needed in the modern game & I'd play him there every day of the week.

He's had a couple of blustery performances up front, some of which work, Derby away, some of which he looks like Bambi in the headlights, Watford at home.

He's got too much to learn to be 1st choice up front & everyone of our games is too important to coach him through games. If he is to be a forward then he needs more time with either the development squad or loaning out to a top Lg1 side.

I have been much more impressed with him at LB, where pace is needed in the modern game & I'd play him there every day of the week.

Totally agree with all of that.

Good post

No brainer for me

Schlupp at left back, with Dyer in front.

Rate Schlupp highly but would much rather have Konchesky back on Thursday, Gets stick very unjustly, and there is no chance he would have got done like Schlupp did with a pass on Saturday that led to them having a player one on one who should have scored if it wasn't for a bad touch.

Give me an example of where he's played poorly then or been to blame for us conceding? I can't think of any. Certainly none like last season (West Ham away)

Couldn't quote that for some reason? But here's a prime example:

Watch from 4.10

Rate Schlupp highly but would much rather have Konchesky back on Thursday, Gets stick very unjustly, and there is no chance he would have got done like Schlupp did with a pass on Saturday that led to them having a player one on one who should have scored if it wasn't for a bad touch.

Was going to mention that. Lansbury puts Cox clean through and its absolutely schoolboy stuff from Jeff.

Archived