Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

should there be a female mod?

How do we know if there is one in that case?!  :unsure:  ;)

146250[/snapback]

Which bring us back to the original question, if we don't know whether we do or don't have a female mod should there be any need to specify that we should have one? Just a thought!

I don't see much difference. A mod is a mod. If they can do a job, then I don't care if that person is male or female...

146357[/snapback]

you've not been looking hard enough, women are very different! ;):cool:

anyway, a woman would offer a different perspective on a issues i suppose

I think considering we have a number of female members that we should have one, we have numerous candidates I believe.

It just seems like it's a male run forum at the moment when it isn't a forum containing just male folk.

I don't see much difference. A mod is a mod. I don't care if that person is male or female...

146357[/snapback]

I'm sure I heard it said many years ago - Male mods ride Lambrettas and female mods ride Vespas (or ride on the back of Lambrettas)

you've not been looking hard enough, women are very different!  ;)  :cool:

anyway, a woman would offer a different perspective on a issues i suppose

146364[/snapback]

It's all relative, stez ;)

Does the forum need another mod anyway? :huh:

If Mr C wants to encourage more male posters to the forum then thats up to him, its his forum but at a risk of alienating the female ones?

I for one am not overly impressed with the forum at the moment, General Chat is going downhill fast. Maybe this is to do with the close season I dont know but I know what has been happening in there recently has stopped a lot of regular/long term posters posting. I know this has nothing to do with having a female mod but sometimes its better to have a different perspective on things, particularly in the LCFC forum which has become very male dominated.

If Mr C wants to encourage more male posters to the forum then thats up to him, its his forum but at a risk of alienating the female ones?

I for one am not overly impressed with the forum at the moment, General Chat is going downhill fast. Maybe this is to do with the close season I dont know but I know what has been happening in there recently has stopped a lot of regular/long term posters posting. I know this has nothing to do with having a female mod but sometimes its better to have a different perspective on things, particularly in the LCFC forum which has become very male dominated.

147211[/snapback]

How are you being alienated? :huh: It's not like we see too many 'male'/chauvinistic threads. And the LCFC Forum is exactly that, all things LCFC. I think Lisa and Louise are doing a good job of making the female voice heard in there, but hardly any other females post there... I can't see why this should have anything to do with it being dominated by males and how having a female mod would subsequently improve this, but what would you suggest to improve it?

Well I could resign to make way for a female mod. but perhaps then I could argue that the forum and the mods are dominated by fresh faced youngsters :D .

I don't exactly know what point I'm trying to make here, maybe that's because I'm getting old ;)

Well I could resign to make way for a female mod. but perhaps then I could argue that the forum and the mods are dominated by fresh faced youngsters  :D .

I don't exactly know what point I'm trying to make here, maybe that's because I'm getting old  ;)

147246[/snapback]

Maybe, but we still like you :P

Well I could resign to make way for a female mod. but perhaps then I could argue that the forum and the mods are dominated by fresh faced youngsters  :D .

I don't exactly know what point I'm trying to make here, maybe that's because I'm getting old  ;)

147246[/snapback]

you can't go! we need a good cross section and that includes old timers and chicks :ph34r:

How are you being alienated?  :huh:  It's not like we see too many 'male'/chauvinistic threads. And the LCFC Forum is exactly that, all things LCFC. I think Lisa and Louise are doing a good job of making the female voice heard in there, but hardly any other females post there... I can't see why this should have anything to do with it being dominated by males and how having a female mod would subsequently improve this, but what would you suggest to improve it?

147243[/snapback]

I dont feel alienated I am merely stating that it may be off putting to potential female posters. There is nothing wrong, as Stez states in having a cross section of moderators.

You obviously missed my posts in the LCFC forum then :rolleyes:

how do mods stand in terms of what they do?

when i did the fantasy league i had the power to close/edit posts but nothing else really. Having a mod is just for a little control over mis-use of posts, surely sex doesn't come into it, just the personality of them. If mr chainsaw is looking for a new mod and the main person in his eyes also happens to be a female, so what? so long as they can do a job, but i don't see a necessity to get one just for the sakes of it, people don't register, read the names of the moderators then bugger off if they are not to their liking.

how do mods stand in terms of what they do?

when i did the fantasy league i had the power to close/edit posts but nothing else really. Having a mod is just for a little control over mis-use of posts, surely sex doesn't come into it, just the personality of them. If mr chainsaw is looking for a new mod and the main person in his eyes also happens to be a female, so what? so long as they can do a job, but i don't see a necessity to get one just for the sakes of it, people don't register, read the names of the moderators then bugger off if they are not to their liking.

147488[/snapback]

Just speaking from experience from in forums I have posted on in the past. I am personally not bothered now and wish id never posted in this thread to be honest, just get on with whatever it is you do.

Just speaking from experience from in forums I have posted on in the past. I am personally not bothered now and wish id never posted in this thread to be honest, just get on with whatever it is you do.

147489[/snapback]

? that to me or a general phrase to say your bored of the topic?

Archived