Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Which Playoff exit left you feeling the worst?

Grade your misery.  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worst playoff exit?

• David Speedie's dive v Blackburn?
    • 3-0 down at halftime, pulling it back to 3-3, only to concede another dubious penalty v Swindon?
    • Kermogant's penalty chipped into the keeper's hands v Cardiff
    • The high of a injury time penalty, followed by the puzzlement that Knockaert is to take it, followed by the shock that he missed, followed by the disbelief that they score at the other end within seconds v Watford?

This poll is a bit skewed isn't it?

Yeah yeah I know.. I'm talking about polls.. lol

But unless you'd been to (or seen) all of the games on the list, you'd not know which was the biggest heartache surely?

Yesterday was nasty nasty nasty.. But actually being at Wembley and seeing that cheating Swindon twat dive for the penno after we had pulled off a miracle!.. Honestly that took some beating.

Yesterday for me, although I'm only 19. As many have said, the stark contrast. For what it's worth, I think we'd have lost in extra time anyway, the way things were going but so many what-ifs and tiny touches that couldn't have made a difference. I won't patronise anyone by listing them, but it's almost a day later and I still feel dreadful, seeing it plastered all over the place. What's worse is the drama in which we lose, we never do it simply. Just being the national laughing stock is horrible.

Next season can't start soon enough, I just want this period to be over.

We were more deserving of a place at Wembley after Cardiff if you ask me, Watford were clearly a stronger side, I don't think the same can be said for Cardiff.

But it's not just about that, I cared about that Leicester City side a lot more than I care about this one. Don't know why, I just did.

I cant disagree that I was more 'proud' in 09/10. With the team we had we did absoultely everything to our full capacity and we deserved a place in the final for the effort and fighting ability. I was proud that night.

I wasnt proud yesterday and this is why I can see your point of view. What I meant was though, we had more chance of winning this time..We were 'stronger' and have more ability than last time, but dont work as a team as well and there are flaws.

Last time I was hoping we'd kick on but personally thought we had punched above our weight that season and could easily do a Bristol City and got to the playoffs first season but then gradually slip down(culminating in their relagtion this season). As this season, Im confident, as long as we keep Nige, we have a great chance of going up as there is more potential in the squad IMO.

As much as I was gutted after yesterday, Swindon was a body blow. We had the best 12 minutes in Leicester's history (!) coming back from 0-3 down to almost win it in front of 40,000 fans going completely nuts, only to lose it to a debatable penalty. Heart wrenching, it really was..

If ever I'm feeling down I put on the video of that game and watch our come back; it always brings a joyous tear to my eye. Bloody marvelous.

As much as I was gutted after yesterday, Swindon was a body blow. We had the best 12 minutes in Leicester's history (!) coming back from 0-3 down to almost win it in front of 40,000 fans going completely nuts, only to lose it to a debatable penalty. Heart wrenching, it really was..

If ever I'm feeling down I put on the video of that game and watch our come back; it always brings a joyous tear to my eye. Bloody marvelous.

Ditto..

:thumbup:

As much as I was gutted after yesterday, Swindon was a body blow. We had the best 12 minutes in Leicester's history (!) coming back from 0-3 down to almost win it in front of 40,000 fans going completely nuts, only to lose it to a debatable penalty. Heart wrenching, it really was..

If ever I'm feeling down I put on the video of that game and watch our come back; it always brings a joyous tear to my eye. Bloody marvelous.

I can see why you would do that. But that is why I think yesterday is worse...

Like myself, I have watched extended highlights of the Cardiff match, which I taped, several times since it happened. I still feel a bit deflated at the end but it always puts a smile on my face to see us score those 3 goals. Similar to the Swindon game, we came back from the dead and put in a memorable performance. It's one of the best games I've ever seen and I still feel the pride about it, yes anger at the ref and Kermo, but for everyone else, if you're going to lose, at least lose like that.

Whereas I will never, ever want to see yesterday's match again. I know that everytime I think about it from now on, I will only feel gut-wrenching regret, shame and humiliation. The situation was different and the manner in which we lost it was undignified. And the worst part is, whenever I think of our first win at the Shitty Ground in 41 years, I'll be reminded of what it led to.

Defiately the blackburn one because of the dive and the fact it was such a poor game.

The 3-3 was great to be part of but pretty much everyone around me thought we would still lose including me so I wasnt suprised.

Cardiff was dissapointing but we still needed to win the final like yesterday I couldnt see us winning so wasnt too dissapointed.

I can see why you would do that. But that is why I think yesterday is worse...

Like myself, I have watched extended highlights of the Cardiff match, which I taped, several times since it happened. I still feel a bit deflated at the end but it always puts a smile on my face to see us score those 3 goals. Similar to the Swindon game, we came back from the dead and put in a memorable performance. It's one of the best games I've ever seen and I still feel the pride about it, yes anger at the ref and Kermo, but for everyone else, if you're going to lose, at least lose like that.

Whereas I will never, ever want to see yesterday's match again. I know that everytime I think about it from now on, I will only feel gut-wrenching regret, shame and humiliation. The situation was different and the manner in which we lost it was undignified. And the worst part is, whenever I think of our first win at the Shitty Ground in 41 years, I'll be reminded of what it led to.

THIS. It ruins that brilliant day. Its like for example Liverpool in Istanbul..incredible comeback and will go down as the best final ever. If Shevchenko scored to make it 4-3 it would ruin all the heroics. Its all about getting the job done. If we had got promotion this season, that winner at the City Ground would go down as a top 5 moment in Leicester History.

Today. By far.

Ecstasy to despair in less than a minute. It was too much to take in, and I was sat there at full time crying, I didn't cry after Cardiff, because I was just angry at how it finished.

Today though, being at Vicarage Road, and seeing us get a penalty in the last minute, one kick from me finally being able to see my boys at Wembley, it didn't go in. They went up the other end and scored. I couldn't believe it, when I saw Donny vs Brentford a couple of weeks ago I thought "that's a one time thing, the thing that as an away fan, you live for" and today it happened to us, but against us and I hated it. I cried, and as a young lad who has yet to see his team at Wembley, watching them get so close and then snatched away like that? No, It was too much.

I totally agree - I've never been so down after a football game. In any game, one piece of bad refereeing, misfortune etc can lose the game. There were two here from which it was impossible to come back - seemingly seconds away from Wembley completely reversed. It would have been far easier to come to terms with had Watford not scored immediately from the breakaway - it would have been better to lose in extra time. The players must be devastated; I just hope everyone can start next season having totally put this behind them.

Today. By far.

Ecstasy to despair in less than a minute. It was too much to take in, and I was sat there at full time crying, I didn't cry after Cardiff, because I was just angry at how it finished.

Today though, being at Vicarage Road, and seeing us get a penalty in the last minute, one kick from me finally being able to see my boys at Wembley, it didn't go in. They went up the other end and scored. I couldn't believe it, when I saw Donny vs Brentford a couple of weeks ago I thought "that's a one time thing, the thing that as an away fan, you live for" and today it happened to us, but against us and I hated it. I cried, and as a young lad who has yet to see his team at Wembley, watching them get so close and then snatched away like that? No, It was too much.

Chin up heggsy!...

I totally agree - I've never been so down after a football game. In any game, one piece of bad refereeing, misfortune etc can lose the game. There were two here from which it was impossible to come back - seemingly seconds away from Wembley completely reversed. It would have been far easier to come to terms with had Watford not scored immediately from the breakaway - it would have been better to lose in extra time. The players must be devastated; I just hope everyone can start next season having totally put this behind them.

This.  And the one about the Forest win being ruined as a result. 100%.  No closer to being happier about it.  Could have even taken the penalty miss and losing in extra time, or even on pens.  But not like this.  Not like this.  Swindon was incomparable because most of the second half was a joy and goals 2 and 3 will always be on my playback vids.  We experienced the high before the low.  At Watford we got none of that.  Literally could not have been any worse.  Not even a match or anything to come back with next week.  Just the whole summer to brood over it.  Brutal.

Archived