Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Which Playoff exit left you feeling the worst?

Grade your misery.  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worst playoff exit?

• David Speedie's dive v Blackburn?
    • 3-0 down at halftime, pulling it back to 3-3, only to concede another dubious penalty v Swindon?
    • Kermogant's penalty chipped into the keeper's hands v Cardiff
    • The high of a injury time penalty, followed by the puzzlement that Knockaert is to take it, followed by the shock that he missed, followed by the disbelief that they score at the other end within seconds v Watford?

Today is the worst. There is no pride in this loss, no feeling that we were hard done to or that the players deserved more.

There's also no feeling that the future is bright. We've got worse as the season has gone on, the manager will probably be sacked and there's no good reason to believe we'll go up next season.

Glory turned to despair so quickly, that's why it's so much worse than the others. It's just humiliating and shocking.

The fairytale is all Watford's and we were just like the villain in the film who got what was coming to him.

Was only alive for the last two, of those two it has to be the Kermorgant final. After the heart and desire we showed in that second-leg, I honestly thought we'd do it. The drama of the penalty shoot-out, Kermorgant's ridiculous penalty and Martyn Waghorn slumping down onto the turf in tears for what I thought would be his last Leicester game, as the Cardiff bodies ran past in celebration. It hurt a lot more than this year, because this year I didn't quite believe in the same way and I guess we were also less deserving. I think that Cardiff second-leg was probably my favourite game watching Leicester City until that gut-wrenching finish. Watford was disappointing, but not as painful for me.

That season felt special from start to finish, this season only really felt special when Knockaert stuck the ball in the back of the net against Forest.

Today is the worst. There is no pride in this loss, no feeling that we were hard done to or that the players deserved more.

There's also no feeling that the future is bright. We've got worse as the season has gone on, the manager will probably be sacked and there's no good reason to believe we'll go up next season.

Glory turned to despair so quickly, that's why it's so much worse than the others. It's just humiliating and shocking.

The fairytale is all Watford's and we were just like the villain in the film who got what was coming to him.

Pretty much this. After the Cardiff semi I felt proud that we had even got that far. I felt confident about the future as well.

This time I feel only pessimism. In February we were second in the league, looking great, with what looked on paper to be a very winnable set of fixtures stretching out for the next couple of months. We bottled it, pure and simple. The football became negative and ugly. If Thursday showed glimpses of our capabilities them today showcased what has happened over the last few months. Long ball, sitting deep, hopeless. This was no heroic failure. We got what the football we've played since February deserves and the play off finish only papers over the cracks.

I was more gutted with Kermorgants peno.

Purely because this season I feel based on our 2nd half of the season performance we should count ourselves lucky to be their in the first place, in any other season, in any other league we'd be close to relegation that playoffs/promotion, we didn't really deserve to be in the playoffs imho. As hard as that is to admit, I have to be honest.

Today was bad but has to be Kermogant one. We came from so far behind to get to the penalties and someone who had contributed next to nothing went and had the most overconfident shot I'd ever seen. Oh & he didn't apologise, left without a word. :closedeyes:

According to near neighbours, losing to us at Wembley with our bunch of hoofers, rams rejects and cloggers against their beautiful passing game, a foul for our first by Roberts following a pinpoint cross lol from Coatsworth with the likes of Willis and Ormondroyd being on the winning side.

ps thought we were 1 down at half time vs Swindon.

This one. Blackburn was our first and even after Swindon it felt like Little would take us up. Cardiff was horrible but again it felt we had forwards momentum (although not as it turned out). This one feels completely shattering in the rediculous way it happened but more tellingly the fact we were outclassed and that by a team with 3 stands who couldn't sell out.

Today. By far.

Ecstasy to despair in less than a minute. It was too much to take in, and I was sat there at full time crying, I didn't cry after Cardiff, because I was just angry at how it finished.

Today though, being at Vicarage Road, and seeing us get a penalty in the last minute, one kick from me finally being able to see my boys at Wembley, it didn't go in. They went up the other end and scored. I couldn't believe it, when I saw Donny vs Brentford a couple of weeks ago I thought "that's a one time thing, the thing that as an away fan, you live for" and today it happened to us, but against us and I hated it. I cried, and as a young lad who has yet to see his team at Wembley, watching them get so close and then snatched away like that? No, It was too much.

Jeez, talk about negative.  Quick...hide the rope from Kichandro, he will be stringing himself up!!

According to near neighbours, losing to us at Wembley with our bunch of hoofers, rams rejects and cloggers against their beautiful passing game, a foul for our first by Roberts following a pinpoint cross lol from Coatsworth with the likes of Willis and Ormondroyd being on the winning side.

ps thought we were 1 down at half time vs Swindon.

2-0 at half time. Hoddle scored in injury time I think.

Jeez, talk about negative.  Quick...hide the rope from Kichandro, he will be stringing himself up!!

Sorry but it's very hard to be positive at the moment. I'm not sure where anyone else is getting any positivity from.

Every season where we fail it hurts more and more, I'm fed up with it. We have not improved since 3 years ago when I was full of pride and optimism following a gallant but gut wrenching shoot out defeat.

We've actually got worse over the course of the season. Today we were outclassed. I just can't see where promotion is coming from, it feels like it's never going to happen.

After winning League one, hoping to stay up the following season and then go on and actually finish 5th then lose on penos after coming back from 2-0 down was worse IMO.

I think us being shit for months, expecting Watford to score goals and us not having a great performance on the day, kind of made me not care as much. But I'm still distraught as hell. I was taking a piss when it all happened anyway.

Archived