Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Which Playoff exit left you feeling the worst?

Grade your misery.  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worst playoff exit?

• David Speedie's dive v Blackburn?
    • 3-0 down at halftime, pulling it back to 3-3, only to concede another dubious penalty v Swindon?
    • Kermogant's penalty chipped into the keeper's hands v Cardiff
    • The high of a injury time penalty, followed by the puzzlement that Knockaert is to take it, followed by the shock that he missed, followed by the disbelief that they score at the other end within seconds v Watford?

I just feel empty today, I don't think anything has quite fully sunk in. If I could equate today to any recent even it'd be our relegation at Stoke as opposed to Cardiff.

Just that almost gutting feeling of emptiness, not despair or anger - just emptiness. I've found myself trying to process what's actually happened today, and I'm still no closer to fully comprehending it.

I was at Cardiff but wasn't there today. Yet today feels so, so, so much worse. I'm putting it down to the fact we were a kick from Wembley, only to see them attack and score. I actually left the room and came back in to see Hogg head it across for Deeney to smash home, worst minute of my football life.

I've only experienced the last two scenarios, but that night in Cardiff was a heart breaker. That season did feel special.

Since February, this season turned out to be real anti-climax. In all honesty, I lost hope after losing to Wednesday at home. There weren't many points in this season that I got a real buzz from. And over the two legs I thought Watford were the better team. So they probably deserved to go through.

The 2009/10 season just felt great from the start. And then to have what was our best season in my memory snatched way from us in such a cruel, cruel, cruel manner; seemed just unfair. That night in Cardiff still gets to me. It just seemed far more of a travesty than today. We deserved better against Cardiff, we did so well to recover from that 1-0 loss in the first leg. I couldn't believe it, and to an extent, I still can't believe it happened to us.

:cry: That penalty hurt so, so much.

Definitely White's sideways dive for Swindon. To be 3-0 down and come back to 3-3, we were going to win that game. Then to be robbed by one of the worst dives I've ever seen was just sickening. I still see the bastards toothless grin when he got up knowing he's conned the ref. ****ing ****

Was only alive for the last two, of those two it has to be the Kermorgant final. After the heart and desire we showed in that second-leg, I honestly thought we'd do it. The drama of the penalty shoot-out, Kermorgant's ridiculous penalty and Martyn Waghorn slumping down onto the turf in tears for what I thought would be his last Leicester game, as the Cardiff bodies ran past in celebration. It hurt a lot more than this year, because this year I didn't quite believe in the same way and I guess we were also less deserving. I think that Cardiff second-leg was probably my favourite game watching Leicester City until that gut-wrenching finish. Watford was disappointing, but not as painful for me.

That season felt special from start to finish, this season only really felt special when Knockaert stuck the ball in the back of the net against Forest.

Explain please? It seems a common thing Ive heard how we deserved to lose today but was so brilliant Vs Cardiff...Remember today we were leading comfertably up until 60 minutes...and had 1 kick away from going to Wembley..Against Cardiff, we rode our luck so so badly, they hit the bar about 3 times? had a couple amazingly clearled off the line and I remember at the time thinking 'please take pens'.

The difference is, because we came up from league 1, the expectations were lower, so getting 5th with a consistent season and coming from 2-0 down was amazing and we were proud of the achievements, and rightly so. However this season being 2nd, we got so excited that anything less than promotion is acceptable..so this seems disapointing.

On reflection, we were closer and more deserving to win this time compared to Cardiff(who did outplay us over 2 legs despite our bravery) but the expectations blur this.

Today - those 30 seconds have just destroyed me. I was in tears after cardiff, out of pride of the lads to get that far as much as anything, but today - it's just an emptiness, I haven't dealt with it and I don't want to, I want to wake up in the morning and find out the last 24 hours were all in my head.

Kermogant's cheeky chip attempt at Cardiff in 2010 was the worst moment for me, like a real comedy moment gone badly wrong - to think he could replicate the Czechoslovakian guy's penalty chip in 1976 at such a crucial moment! Sure, Knockaert's double whammy of what happened today is very raw at the moment but Kermogant's in the annals of history for most of us in time, I'm sure! People are saying the future is not looking so bright after today but then lest we forget, the last time we so narrowly failed in the play offs in 2010, Pearson quit for Hull - and then came Sousa, of which the less said the better! 

Explain please? It seems a common thing Ive heard how we deserved to lose today but was so brilliant Vs Cardiff...Remember today we were leading comfertably up until 60 minutes...and had 1 kick away from going to Wembley..Against Cardiff, we rode our luck so so badly, they hit the bar about 3 times? had a couple amazingly clearled off the line and I remember at the time thinking 'please take pens'.

The difference is, because we came up from league 1, the expectations were lower, so getting 5th with a consistent season and coming from 2-0 down was amazing and we were proud of the achievements, and rightly so. However this season being 2nd, we got so excited that anything less than promotion is acceptable..so this seems disapointing.

On reflection, we were closer and more deserving to win this time compared to Cardiff(who did outplay us over 2 legs despite our bravery) but the expectations blur this.

No, this is nonsense.

Against Watford we were clearly outclassed and I never felt we were in control of the tie. I thought in the first half yesterday we deserved to be leading but after half time we showed our true colours again and played dreadfully, they were all over us and were destined to score 3. In the first leg we played poorly bar the first 20 and the last 10. Our defending throughout the 2 games has been very dodgy. Had we got through today it would have been a bit of a travesty, especially if it was from that penalty.

Against Cardiff, we didn't really turn up in the first leg but still did not deserve to lose on the balance of play, we had as many chances as them, had 2 stone wall penalties turned down and Whittingham's free kick was taken from nowhere near where the foul was commited.

In the second leg, they bossed the first 20 minutes and we bossed the rest. They bottled it after going 2-0 up, and frankly we were putting in a classic away performance until their dodgy penalty at a point where we didn't really look in any trouble. They then of course proceeded to get away with 2 red card offences and you know the rest. They may have hit the bar or whatever a few times but that does not tell the story of the second leg at all.

Make no mistake, we were a better team in 2010 than we are at this point.

No, this is nonsense.

Against Watford we were clearly outclassed and I never felt we were in control of the tie. I thought in the first half yesterday we deserved to be leading but after half time we showed our true colours again and played dreadfully, they were all over us and were destined to score 3. In the first leg we played poorly bar the first 20 and the last 10. Our defending throughout the 2 games has been very dodgy. Had we got through today it would have been a bit of a travesty, especially if it was from that penalty.

Against Cardiff, we didn't really turn up in the first leg but still did not deserve to lose on the balance of play, we had as many chances as them, had 2 stone wall penalties turned down and Whittingham's free kick was taken from nowhere near where the foul was commited.

In the second leg, they bossed the first 20 minutes and we bossed the rest. They bottled it after going 2-0 up, and frankly we were putting in a classic away performance until their dodgy penalty at a point where we didn't really look in any trouble. They then of course proceeded to get away with 2 red card offences and you know the rest. They may have hit the bar or whatever a few times but that does not tell the story of the second leg at all.

Make no mistake, we were a better team in 2010 than we are at this point.

Whilst you make some valid points, I cant agree.

I think first leg this time we bossed the first 20, last 10 of the first half..and 2nd half last 15. Rode our luck once or twice but had a few really good chances and deserved the win. Compare that to the first leg Vs Cardiff where I felt we 'wernt good enough'.

My initial feeling after the first leg against Cardiff was 'Weve had a great season, but we maybe arnt ready yet having just come up...been a great season though'.

2nd legs, today I feel first half we were totally in control. We bossed the first 10, should of had a pen. Then they smash a beauty in..Fair play. We come back and score straight away, great battling abilities. Then we pretty much comfertable all the rest of the half(they had nothing) and then get a clear 1 on 1 awful offside. Could and SHOULD of been 1-2 HT and it WOULD of been deserved at that point(totally different game).

However we start the 2nd half and they do play well, but other than a deflected shot against the post, what else? Nothing. Whilst we had 3 great free kick positons..By 60 minutes I was feeling confident. They bring on Foresteri, we take off Wood and bring on that lump of sh*t. From then on we do struggle and they score, then have a few more dodgy moments, however we still looked dangerous, 90 minutes approached and I was confident we had weathered the storm as between 80-90 they looked tired and ddint threaten at all. Then we get a pen..wasnt really against of play as we finished the better IMO. If we had scored, we would have deserved it, JUST. However what happened next was utterly shocking and was not deserved.

Now compare that to Cardiff, We were over roared for the first 15 and Cardiff made it 2-0..We rally and get a great fightback to be 2-2 HT(we were lucky though, 2 goals from 2 chances..if you even call the 2nd a chance). Now 2nd half we amazingly go 3-2 up, unreal and yes brilliant and I do agree I remember, although being awfully nervous, thinking we havnt been riding our luck much. However they go and score and from their goal at about 65? to full time..they absoultely battered us..Bar Post Weale saves, 1 that sumhow Hobbs diverted not in as an OG amonst others..the 'battering' today is nowhere like that Chopra,Bothroyd and Burke that tore us up. We got lucky and knicked extra time..from then on it was like a stalemate before cruely Kerms pen.

IMO today we were more likely to win, Cardiff for sheer fightback and because we wear weaker the Cardiff and it felt like an underdog situation..There was more to be proud of and comes across like we were a better team but no we are better this year.

Also I think Watford are better than Cardiff were.

I must add if we could of swapped Hobbs from then for Keane this time, we'd be rock solid. 09/10 was a better 'team' who played to their absolute full capacity and rolling on momentum. 12/13 has more talent, but a few weak links that ruin the overall flow of the team.

We will get to the premiership one day lads. Trust me.

Terrific thanks for that.

And for anyone looking to next season, there are 23 other clubs all within a whisker of ours in terms of ability who are all saying the same thing.  We may go up.  But probably not.  Check the bookies we'll be 6-1 or something.  Whereas yesterday we went from practically a 50-50 shot, and a game at Wembley, to nothing in the space of 30 seconds.  How can anything be worse than that?

Terrific thanks for that.

And for anyone looking to next season, there are 23 other clubs all within a whisker of ours in terms of ability who are all saying the same thing.  We may go up.  But probably not.  Check the bookies we'll be 6-1 or something.  Whereas yesterday we went from practically a 50-50 shot, and a game at Wembley, to nothing in the space of 30 seconds.  How can anything be worse than that?

Well yes, there will be 23 other teams looking at it and saying - we may go up, but I wouldn't say they're at a whisker of our level: think back to before February - we were tearing teams new arseholes. Yes we fell apart, but I think we've got to be favourites and we've got a better chance than most of finally returning to the top flight.

Whilst you make some valid points, I cant agree.

I think first leg this time we bossed the first 20, last 10 of the first half..and 2nd half last 15. Rode our luck once or twice but had a few really good chances and deserved the win. Compare that to the first leg Vs Cardiff where I felt we 'wernt good enough'.

My initial feeling after the first leg against Cardiff was 'Weve had a great season, but we maybe arnt ready yet having just come up...been a great season though'.

2nd legs, today I feel first half we were totally in control. We bossed the first 10, should of had a pen. Then they smash a beauty in..Fair play. We come back and score straight away, great battling abilities. Then we pretty much comfertable all the rest of the half(they had nothing) and then get a clear 1 on 1 awful offside. Could and SHOULD of been 1-2 HT and it WOULD of been deserved at that point(totally different game).

However we start the 2nd half and they do play well, but other than a deflected shot against the post, what else? Nothing. Whilst we had 3 great free kick positons..By 60 minutes I was feeling confident. They bring on Foresteri, we take off Wood and bring on that lump of sh*t. From then on we do struggle and they score, then have a few more dodgy moments, however we still looked dangerous, 90 minutes approached and I was confident we had weathered the storm as between 80-90 they looked tired and ddint threaten at all. Then we get a pen..wasnt really against of play as we finished the better IMO. If we had scored, we would have deserved it, JUST. However what happened next was utterly shocking and was not deserved.

Now compare that to Cardiff, We were over roared for the first 15 and Cardiff made it 2-0..We rally and get a great fightback to be 2-2 HT(we were lucky though, 2 goals from 2 chances..if you even call the 2nd a chance). Now 2nd half we amazingly go 3-2 up, unreal and yes brilliant and I do agree I remember, although being awfully nervous, thinking we havnt been riding our luck much. However they go and score and from their goal at about 65? to full time..they absoultely battered us..Bar Post Weale saves, 1 that sumhow Hobbs diverted not in as an OG amonst others..the 'battering' today is nowhere like that Chopra,Bothroyd and Burke that tore us up. We got lucky and knicked extra time..from then on it was like a stalemate before cruely Kerms pen.

IMO today we were more likely to win, Cardiff for sheer fightback and because we wear weaker the Cardiff and it felt like an underdog situation..There was more to be proud of and comes across like we were a better team but no we are better this year.

Also I think Watford are better than Cardiff were.

I must add if we could of swapped Hobbs from then for Keane this time, we'd be rock solid. 09/10 was a better 'team' who played to their absolute full capacity and rolling on momentum. 12/13 has more talent, but a few weak links that ruin the overall flow of the team.

We were more deserving of a place at Wembley after Cardiff if you ask me, Watford were clearly a stronger side, I don't think the same can be said for Cardiff.

But it's not just about that, I cared about that Leicester City side a lot more than I care about this one. Don't know why, I just did.

Yesterday hurt more. I think the fact that it was a penalty shoot out in Cardiff, knowing that we had a pretty good chance of losing helped numb the pain a bit. We were one kick from Wembley yesterday, and at the very least I thought we'd be going to extra time. As soon as they broke, there was only one place the ball would end up and I'm still annoyed that no one did the cynical thing and hacked their winger down just to stop the attack.

I'm left feeling empty after yesterday, it's such a long break until next season and god knows who our manager and squad will be then.

I think the fact we didn't really deserve in then really should've won it then somehow managed to lose it made yesterday even worse. If they'd scored a third after being on top for 45 minutes we'd have said fair enough, that hurt but it was always coming. We held out until the 96th minute, got handed a chance to win it or take it to extra time if we messed up, yet somehow we lost altogether inside 20 seconds.

Archived