Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Which Playoff exit left you feeling the worst?

Grade your misery.  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worst playoff exit?

• David Speedie's dive v Blackburn?
    • 3-0 down at halftime, pulling it back to 3-3, only to concede another dubious penalty v Swindon?
    • Kermogant's penalty chipped into the keeper's hands v Cardiff
    • The high of a injury time penalty, followed by the puzzlement that Knockaert is to take it, followed by the shock that he missed, followed by the disbelief that they score at the other end within seconds v Watford?

Today. By far.

Ecstasy to despair in less than a minute. It was too much to take in, and I was sat there at full time crying, I didn't cry after Cardiff, because I was just angry at how it finished.

Today though, being at Vicarage Road, and seeing us get a penalty in the last minute, one kick from me finally being able to see my boys at Wembley, it didn't go in. They went up the other end and scored. I couldn't believe it, when I saw Donny vs Brentford a couple of weeks ago I thought "that's a one time thing, the thing that as an away fan, you live for" and today it happened to us, but against us and I hated it. I cried, and as a young lad who has yet to see his team at Wembley, watching them get so close and then snatched away like that? No, It was too much.

Heggsy,

Such is the life for a city fan, promotion will come and will be all the sweeter for us. Being a city fan is a bitter love hate relationship and the city is a cruel mistress who knows we will keep coming back for more. A drug with no cure but we love them,  

Helps that i also follow the rugby and cricket!!

Sorry but it's very hard to be positive at the moment. I'm not sure where anyone else is getting any positivity from.

Every season where we fail it hurts more and more, I'm fed up with it. We have not improved since 3 years ago when I was full of pride and optimism following a gallant but gut wrenching shoot out defeat.

We've actually got worse over the course of the season. Today we were outclassed. I just can't see where promotion is coming from, it feels like it's never going to happen.

We were one spot kick away from Wembley! There wasn't an awful lot between the two sides, yes they shaded it on possession and chances but it was a close game, against a side filled with Serie A players.  We had a better season than last season and we are on the right track.  We need to stay positive...You will feel better in a few days Kitch. 

We were one spot kick away from Wembley! There wasn't an awful lot between the two sides, yes they shaded it on possession and chances but it was a close game, against a side filled with Serie A players.  We had a better season than last season and we are on the right track.  We need to stay positive...You will feel better in a few days Kitch.

You must have been watching a different game. We couldn't have complained if we'd lost three or four nil.

This is the worst.

Losing the finals is hard but at least you get a great day out at Wembley.

In the Cardiff game we were fantastic, and even though the manner in which we lost left a bitter taste, I went to bed

that night disappointed but not suicidal.

Today has just been forkin awful.

Cardiff because hopes were higher. We qualified for the play-offs fairly early so there was a long buildup and we were probably as good as Cardiff.

As ridiculous as earlier was, we sneaked into the play-offs at the last minute on 68 points and Watford are a better side. I don't think we deserve to be at Wembley.

today for the pure fact of within a minute we had a penalty which would of sealed Wembley and then losing it from a poor goal defensively , its going to be hard for all the lads and supporters to claw back from this next season confidence is going to be low and it depends on who goes and who stays in the summer

Swindon was easily the worst.

Anyone there would agree I think.

The complete disbelief that we'd got THREE back, to go on to concede a dubious penno was too much.

I didn't think Knocky would score today.. What came after was a shock though

Today. By far.

Ecstasy to despair in less than a minute. It was too much to take in, and I was sat there at full time crying, I didn't cry after Cardiff, because I was just angry at how it finished.

Today though, being at Vicarage Road, and seeing us get a penalty in the last minute, one kick from me finally being able to see my boys at Wembley, it didn't go in. They went up the other end and scored. I couldn't believe it, when I saw Donny vs Brentford a couple of weeks ago I thought "that's a one time thing, the thing that as an away fan, you live for" and today it happened to us, but against us and I hated it. I cried, and as a young lad who has yet to see his team at Wembley, watching them get so close and then snatched away like that? No, It was too much.

This.

Never experienced anything like today. It was painful being there, but also incredible support from our fans both during the game and after the final whistle. Devastated, but proud to be leicester.

WYS

Cardiff just left me feeling bemused and a bit angry and wondering who or how many people to blame (officials, Chopra, Whittingham, Kermo etc).

Today was much more gutting. I think it's the high to low in 20 seconds that's done us all. Preparing for extra time thinking of Cardiff then bang, holy shit, we're going to win in with the last kick! He's missed, fúck, this is gonna be a horrendous 30 extra minutes but we've still got a chance... Oh shit. No we haven't. Goodbye. 

Swindon, for me. Maybe it was because I was young and had less perspective than I do now, but in all my years of following football, I don't remember ever feeling so utterly, utterly distraught than after that match.

I haven't posted for over a year but couldn't resist here.

It has to be today. The fact that we were under the cosh all second half basically, got the best bit of luck we could have got at that moment. The normal penalty taker didn't take the penalty, wasn't even hit with conviction and as if that wasn't painful enough they run down the other end and slap us hard in the face and leave us with no chance of getting back into it.

That had to be one of the most despairing things i've ever seen in football. 

Also it could lose a manager that the majority like to see at the helm of our club get the axe. Nothing personal against Knockaert, I am just very bitter at the moment. At least his contribution has been better than Kermorgant's I suppose. And the only positive I can think of is that at least it didnt happen at Wembley, In the final.

Today is worse.

I was at Cardiff and after being 0-2 down on aggregate to them at their ground  I was just happy we managed to get to Penalties (but disappointed in what I thought was a soft penalty to equalise on agg for Cardiff).

Today. WTF. As soon as I saw him with the ball in hand I thought he isn't the penalty taker. That little niggle. Then when they broke I thought ****.

Swindon was the only one of the 90s Wembley appearances that i missed and if i was there or perhaps been a few years older, it would almost certainly be that one. We'd come back from the dead, been robbed by a dodgy penalty and at that point had still never won at Wembley.  Out of the last two Cardiff felt much worse to me.  We deserved to be in the Play Offs that year and were as good if not slightly better than Cardiff over the 2 legs.  As horrible and ridiculous as the end of todays game was I cant pretend that after a terrible 2nd half of the season and having been largely outplayed today that we deserved to go through or get promoted.

In terms of after the match, straight after the whistle, today was the worst I've felt as a Leicester fan. Just a horrid mixture of shock, disbelief and despair....

A few hours later and I can look at it as just one of those things, another extreme in the trials and tribulations of supporting Leicester City. Supporters of every club claim the old "only us would that happen to" but when you look back over the last 20 years at LCFC it really is beyond belief, we've seen and been through so much (both good and bad). I'm not going to knock Knockaert for the miss, he was a major reason in us being there and I don't know where this Nugent should have taken it has come from - the guy has taken ONE penalty in his whole career and when you watch it back (as I unfortunately have) he was stood with his head in his hands before the ball was even kicked, hardly the body language of someone wanting to take that responsibility.

Swindon was a shocker. So was spurs. Least this was not a final thank god.

The Swindon game for me, 3-0 down, came back to 3-3 (That Steve Thompson goal wow just wow at the atmospehere at that point) then that cheating bar steward dived fvcker fvcker fvcker :mad:  :@

Archived