Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
steveherbe

Support for Knocky

Just thought we should have a thread to show our support for Anthony. As much as we are suffering, I dread to think how the poor lad is feeling.

No blame Anthony, we're all behind you. Just pay us back by taking us up next year.

The Kermogant hate was ridiculous and over the top. I doubt if Knockeart will suffer a similar fate.

That's more than a little to do with the contributions to the success of each team over the course of the respective seasons though.

Guest ttfn

On that basis I'm delighted that Michael Keane, touted by many at Manchester United as a future England centre half, is a Leicester City player.

We're so proud to call him one of our own.

Back on topic, I just think its a shame we have to wait 3 months to get behind him at a match again. Really hope he's still with us next season (Knockaert).

Nothing against Watford at all. They won a stunning game fair and square. They've not broken any rules any more than we have by financially outstretching which will, actually, be against the rules come next season. Upon winning they were thoroughly honorable in victory, praising our team and offering very genuine condolences. I'd like to be gracious enough in defeat to show them that Leicester fans can get over this sort of thing.

As for Knockaert - well he deserves a bit of stick, so long as we remember to get behind him for next season and remember that he's a young lad who has already brought a lot to this club. So yes, we should absolutely support him, just as we should have been willing to forgive Kermorgant.

Knockaert may well become a much better player for this. One of the biggest flaws in his all-round play is his tendency to want to write the headlines for himself by snatching at passes, trying to beat a man too many, taking shots from distance which don't go anywhere near. The experience of this coming back to haunt him could well make him realise that a little more patience and a little less selfishness on the ball will one day turn him into a player of true Premiership quality.

On that basis I'm delighted that Michael Keane, touted by many at Manchester United as a future England centre half, is a Leicester City player.

We're so proud to call him one of our own.

Back on topic, I just think its a shame we have to wait 3 months to get behind him at a match again. Really hope he's still with us next season (Knockaert).

I'm honestly yet to see how the adulation for Keane is justified. With him in the side we've gone from the best defence in the league to one clean sheet in fifteen games and, in the past ten games (eleven, in fact) we've conceded at least two goals in eight of them. His positional sense is poor, he is easily out-muscled and I daresay the feeling at Manchester United will be that, at 20 and playing a division below them, he hasn't looked good enough to be anywhere near their first team, nor indeed any other Premier League first team.

As for Knockaert, yes absolutely, I can't wait to sing his name. But if he learns a little humility in the meantime it won't necessarily hurt him.

I fully support Knocky. 

Whether he took a dive or not is open to debate but there was definite contact to my eyes and he was well entitled to go down although he is maybe guilty of being over-dramatic.

He then had the balls to step up and take the penalty in the last few minutes of injury time in a game where nerves and pressure were at a premium what with so much at stake; That maybe shows his arrogance but he's a young lad and he's still learning and I didn't see any of the senior lads stopping him or over-riding his decision to take it, they bottled it knowing they'd be blamed if they'd missed and the inevitable happened, which it did.

It was the the teams fault we lost not Knocky's and I hope this doesn't affect him too badly and I hope he comes back stronger for it next season.

Archived