Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
clayts5

SUMMER SALE

We tried that against boro, the two things he did was shoot when he should have passed and then gave a penalty away

One game isn't enough to make a judgement IMO. Anyone can put in a poor performance in a given game.

Having said this, I still have strong doubts about him. If he doesn't look up to it in the first half of next season then I'd like to see him sold.

If we have a new manager hopefully Beckford will get a chance.

He got a very good chance under Pearson. Thirty games last season and began this season as first choice. Unfortunately he proved to be the sort of striker who was better suited to strugglers at the bottom end of the table (ie Huddersfield) than promotion challengers.

My great fear is that a new manager would feel the need to give the likes of Danns, Wellens, Gallagher and Beckford another chance when evidently they don't deserve one.

High priority - Beckford, Vardy and Wellens.

Medium priority - Futacs, Gallagher and Logan.

Low priority - Konchesky (we need him, due to experience) and Whitbread (hasn't played enough games, to evaluate his overall performance).

Gallagher would be high priority, aswell as Danns..

Why is Logan medium priority? Doubt he's on much and he's happy to be a reserve keeper

I would sell Danns, Beckford, Wellens and Gallagher, purely just to free up wages.

I would loan out Vardy, Whitbread, Futacs and Moore with recall clauses installed just in case somebody gets injured or suspended.

Danns, Gallagher, Wellens, Futacs, Whitbread.

Zac is an abomination, tall, shite in the air, slow and a poor reader of the game.

Shite in the air? Have you seen him play? Probably his best attribute

Shite in the air? Have you seen him play? Probably his best attribute

Spot on, Simo. He's the strongest in the air of all our centre backs! Was let down by occasional rashness (possibly due to lack of match fitness) and poor distribution, which lost us possession too much.

Provided that he could be persuaded to just lay off simple balls to other defenders/deep-lying midfielders, I still think that he could be a real asset, if he maintains his fitness and gets a run of games....one or two "ifs" in there, admittedly...

Logan - Not sure. Doesn't moan and 'provides' decent back up

Konchesky - High wages and needs replacing anyway

Gallagher - Not good enough

Futacs - See Gallagher

I'd probably add Danns and Vardy to that list as well. Not sure on Whitbread, I don't rate him but I suppose, again, he is ok as backup.

Gallagher would be high priority, aswell as Danns..

Why is Logan medium priority? Doubt he's on much and he's happy to be a reserve keeper

I've heard Logan is on 7k p/w which obviously in the current climate for footballers isn't loads but for what he does I still thought that was a decent whack. Obviously I don't know for sure he's on that

too many Vardy haters. He came from non-league. played okay early on, got injured.

definite keeper.

Add SSL to your list of sales

I've heard Logan is on 7k p/w which obviously in the current climate for footballers isn't loads but for what he does I still thought that was a decent whack. Obviously I don't know for sure he's on that

I can beleve the number but surely you can find a reserve 'keeper willing to be paid less than that

Not sure why so many want Konchesky out..... Very experienced player and can pass on alot of knowledge to another LB.

Even if he's not first choice, a great player to have around plus imo he can still play in this league no problem. He hasnt suddenly become a league 1 player.

Bruno Berner is a prime example. Wasnt the quickest but experience served him well

I'd 100% keep Whitbread. You dont play all the games he did for Norwich in getting them promoted and then play 20 odd games in the Prem if your not very good.

He's clearly got a fitness issue which needs addressing. Seems like another Tunchev!

For me, get rid of Danns, Beckford, Waghorn, Futacs, Gally, Wellens and maybe SSL

Wellens is out of contract so he'll be going anyway.

I think he's got a year left.

but was he though?

Konch has England caps and has played Premier League for most of his career

Konch was a lot better than him at Premiership level, but Berner was better at Championship level.

I think he's got a year left.

Konch was a lot better than him at Premiership level, but Berner was better at Championship level.

So Konch is the better player then!! Plus people forget Konch nearly got our player of the year in his first season.... short memories

So Konch is the better player then!! Plus people forget Konch nearly got our player of the year in his first season.... short memories

Exactly, in his first season! For the majority of this season he's be absolutely awful, it tells you something when a teenage striker keeps him out of the team in the most important games of the season. 

Exactly, in his first season! For the majority of this season he's be absolutely awful, it tells you something when a teenage striker keeps him out of the team in the most important games of the season. 

He wasnt awful, thats bull.

He wasnt at his best but no reason to sell..... Keep him around and maybe have two actual LB's....

His experience is key.

Schlupp kept his place has there was no reason for NP to change a winning team

Berner was better for us than Konchesky was and I include 2011/12 in that too.

I agree Konchesky's had a better career, but for Leicester? Berner hands down. I couldn't fault his game at all.

Berner was better for us than Konchesky was and I include 2011/12 in that too.

I agree Konchesky's had a better career, but for Leicester? Berner hands down. I couldn't fault his game at all.

This.

Can't remember Berner ever having a bad game for us, absolutely solid LB.

Archived