Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
clayts5

SUMMER SALE

Not sure why so many want Konchesky out..... Very experienced player and can pass on alot of knowledge to another LB.

Even if he's not first choice, a great player to have around plus imo he can still play in this league no problem. He hasnt suddenly become a league 1 player.

Bruno Berner is a prime example. Wasnt the quickest but experience served him well

I'd 100% keep Whitbread. You dont play all the games he did for Norwich in getting them promoted and then play 20 odd games in the Prem if your not very good.

He's clearly got a fitness issue which needs addressing. Seems like another Tunchev!

For me, get rid of Danns, Beckford, Waghorn, Futacs, Gally, Wellens and maybe SSL

Because Bruno Berner still knew how to defend... unlike Konch.

Konchesky Hoofs the ball too much! a better full back like an izaguirre would help transform our style of play.  Konchesky is one of few left now with that way of playing. He was on 40k at Liverpool so he must be on at least 25k here! He really isn't worth it

People defending Konchesky lol.

We shouldn't keep a player based purely on their 'experience'. Konch has been pure shite all season. I like the guy but it's known statistically and to the human eye that he's been the weakest link in the defence this season, how people can defend him is way beyond me.

People defending Konchesky lol.

We shouldn't keep a player based purely on their 'experience'. Konch has been pure shite all season. I like the guy but it's known statistically and to the human eye that he's been the weakest link in the defence this season, how people can defend him is way beyond me.

What are these stats then? 

What are these stats then? 

I can't remember the thread name, but it contained a blog from Foxblogger with stats on all aspects of our play last season. The least amount of goals were conceded down the right flank. With the majority being on the left side. 

I'm not saying this is all Koncheskys fault, but it does reinforce the point that Konch has had by all accounts a poor season. He's simply not good enough and should be moved on. 

I can't remember the thread name, but it contained a blog from Foxblogger with stats on all aspects of our play last season. The least amount of goals were conceded down the right flank. With the majority being on the left side. 

I'm not saying this is all Koncheskys fault, but it does reinforce the point that Konch has had by all accounts a poor season. He's simply not good enough and should be moved on. 

Fair enough, I seem to remember it being classed as a very weak type of statistic but I think we're agreed on the fact that Konch had a bad season nonetheless.

Pretty much expected I'd have said. It's probably safe to say that along with Danns and Beckford, Ledge is one of those players who Pearson doesn't think can justify the wages he's on.

If we get rid of these boys I'll actually be feeling pretty confident about next season. A big factor this season was that our squad was just too small. If we can offload 4 or 5 high earners we might be able to get in 6 or 7 good players and have a larger and more competitive squad.

Pretty much expected I'd have said. It's probably safe to say that along with Danns and Beckford, Ledge is one of those players who Pearson doesn't think can justify the wages he's on.

If we get rid of these boys I'll actually be feeling pretty confident about next season. A big factor this season was that our squad was just to small. If we can offload 4 or 5 high earners we might be able to get in 6 or 7 good players and have a larger and more competitive squad.

There is hope if that is true because our squad last season was certainly small and that was a hindrance coming into the latter part of the season.

The players I expect to go-

St Ledger !

Whitbread

Konchesky

Marshall

Wellens

Gallagher

Futacs

Vardy

Waghorn

Beckford

Danns

But I think it essential to keep Schlupp and Schmeichel.  I would like to see Andy King as captain.  I would like to thank the likes of Gallagher and Wellens for their time at Leicester just a shame they are past it.  IMO Beckford & Danns can go on free transfers just to get rid.

The players I expect to go-

St Ledger !

Whitbread

Konchesky

Marshall

Wellens

Gallagher

Futacs

Vardy

Waghorn

Beckford

Danns

But I think it essential to keep Schlupp and Schmeichel.  I would like to see Andy King as captain.  I would like to thank the likes of Gallagher and Wellens for their time at Leicester just a shame they are past it.  IMO Beckford & Danns can go on free transfers just to get rid.

Why Marshall? - he's had a quieter time of late than when he first arrived - but he's still a decent player at this level and offers a bit of creativity going forward.  Also scores the odd stunning goal or two.

It was a pretty poor squad when it came to it. Marshall is a good player but not likely to make it with us.  None of the above could have filled roles to change how we played the playoffs.  That I think is what it comes down to.  If we don't start well Pearson will be looking for a job so he is unlikely to stick with these players.  Some may stay but probably the ones on long contracts and big money.

Archived