Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

That year break...

He wasn't that bad with us.We just had a shower of shite for players.

He won 9 out of 32. We barely scored a goal.

He was bad. He's done well since, but with us he failed to stay out of the bottom three, which was all he was asked to do.

You learn more from your failures than you do your successes.

"You'll come to see that a man learns nothing from winning. The act of losing, however, can elicit great wisdom. Not least of which is, uh... how much more enjoyable it is to win. It's inevitable to lose now and again. The trick is not to make a habit of it." A Good Year

I have always like the bloke to be fair I seen a documentary about him once and he came across as a decent family chap, granted he failed when he was here but hes took two teams out of this league in the past 5 years he can't be to shabby.

Defiantly has the passion there.

He;s always had a good record apart from a doomed year at City. To be fair to him even though we might have been 15th or whatever when he took over, it was clear which was that team were heading and he tried a few gambles to try to make something happen that just didn't - what was his name - Zolt Lzaco or something who stunned us all in a 4-0 win over Norwich I think. That day we thought Ollie had found the formula but unfortunately the players didn't get it together like that again.

Don't understand those defending his tenure here. I think it's a case of rose tinted glasses. We were 15th after 9 games when he took over. How is that taking over a side already doomed?

To be fair we had looked doomed for 3 seasons! The Levien/Kelly tenure was just a prolonged fate of what was to come. He was, however, awful here nonetheless. With the decentish spine of the side to choose from he really should have kept us up. However it was probably the reality shock we needed to get a whole new mentality at the club.

Since he has left he has overachieved with 2 'small' clubs in comparison to ours so his achievements are fairly impressive. 

Freedman did all the donkey work, holloway inherited a team doing well and they did less well when he took over, but tbf palace played well today. Straight back down next season mind and maybe a panic sacking by palace in january if they overspend in the summer??

He;s always had a good record apart from a doomed year at City. To be fair to him even though we might have been 15th or whatever when he took over, it was clear which was that team were heading and he tried a few gambles to try to make something happen that just didn't - what was his name - Zolt Lzaco or something who stunned us all in a 4-0 win over Norwich I think. That day we thought Ollie had found the formula but unfortunately the players didn't get it together like that again.

No it wasn't, barely anyone thought we were going to go down. If we stayed up the previous seasons there was no good reason why a good manager couldn't have kept us up in that one. The idea that it was all out of his hands or something is fvcking laughable.

Is gambles another word for shocking tactical calls? Would somebody like to explain how this tactical genius managed to ruin Palace's strong automatic promotion push since he was appointed?

I'm fed up with people defending him, the good job he did at Blackpool shouldn't overshadow what a failure he was with us, especially as he seemed to think us getting relelgated wasn't really a big deal when we were on the run in. Maybe next time he gets arsey for being called a clown he should look back at some of his interviews around that time.

Even if he didn't do a good job here, since his record has been superb and even before City with Plymouth he had them playing stylish football and go results. He's proven himself as a manager everywhere except for City so in the end it's hard to discount the fact he might just be a decent manager.

Even if he didn't do a good job here, since his record has been superb and even before City with Plymouth he had them playing stylish football and go results. He's proven himself as a manager everywhere except for City so in the end it's hard to discount the fact he might just be a decent manager.

Because he's taken over teams who have a strong foundation in place, he's a finish the job man. If it wasn't for the head start freedman gave Palace they may have been lucky to have made the play offs with him in charge.

"@talkSPORTgeoff: Ian Holloway at Crystal Palace: Played 36 (all comps) Won 13; Drew 13; Lost 10.

44pts out of a possible 93 in the league yet still promoted"

Seems a distinctly average return at best.

Freedman should get equal credit, to me, Hollowhead will be remembered for playing Fryatt on the wing and Worley in midfield in our biggest game.

He was clueless here and rightly derided, he very nearly DIDNT reach play offs with Palace

I'm sorry but if you're putting some of the credit where it rightly belongs with Freedman, then you have to put some, in fact, most of the blame for our relegation where it rightly belongs, with Martin "nine right back" Allen.

The seeds of our relegation were sown in pre-season by him. Holloway took over an inferior crop

Archived