Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Of Cardiff

Leicester have enquired about Don Cowie

I used to think a successful summer would be one with a number of 'exciting' signings, very much changed my mind on that. I don't think Marshall, Morgan or James had much appeal at the time but all three showed me that it's possible to acquire brilliant players from a fairly low profile background.

I suggest that everyone has a thorough look at every signing before making a judgement on them.

Who would be an exciting signing though?

When we make one I'll let you know :)

They don't have to be a massive name, just the sort of player that has impressed me in the division, and most importantly the kind of player we need.

Kermorgant has since gone on to prove he's a decent player, it's just that he didn't show it with us. I'm afraid I'll never be able to forgive him for not trying hard enough to score his penalty but he gained a bit of respect back when he refused to celebrate at the KP (although he didn't seem so bothered at the Valley!).

Kermorgant has since gone on to prove he's a decent player, it's just that he didn't show it with us. I'm afraid I'll never be able to forgive him for not trying hard enough to score his penalty but he gained a bit of respect back when he refused to celebrate at the KP (although he didn't seem so bothered at the Valley!).

He was probably bricking it, thought he was going to get lynched or something.

Probably just rumours but apparently your interested in him and have also enquired about the availability of a few others - Rudy Gestede on loan being the other.

On a separate issue, i thought you were the best team to play at ours last season ( the 1-1 draw) and were the better sider in our narrow 1 nil victory.

What happened ? too many ego's ?

No, not at all.

We loaned all the Ego's out, the problem was that left us short of playing staff, but we had to ship them out.

All the hype about big spending leicester is true to a certain extent, but the fact we have a 'big playing' squad is a myth. At the moment we have around 13 capable players, that is it.

I used to think a successful summer would be one with a number of 'exciting' signings, very much changed my mind on that. I don't think Marshall, Morgan or James had much appeal at the time but all three showed me that it's possible to acquire brilliant players from a fairly low profile background.

I suggest that everyone has a thorough look at every signing before making a judgement on them.

Perfect way of looking at signings.  It is so early in the pre season and no real substance to any signing rumour, that everyone needs to take a chill pill and not make snap judgements on either rumour and eventually real news.

We are not likely to get the Carlton Coles of the worlds coming down to the Championship.  Not all if any new additions are likely to be known world beaters, we are not in the premiership!  Even the chairman of crystal palace has said he is not going to go crazy buying established stars, and they are in the premiership.

When we make one I'll let you know :)

They don't have to be a massive name, just the sort of player that has impressed me in the division, and most importantly the kind of player we need.

Errr... so... like Cowie?

And when he did he was gash.

Does that in itself not tell you something? He hardly played here, and when on loan he hardly played at Blackpool

He walked all over us when playing for Portsmouth, which is incidentally when he had a solid run of games...

Not saying he was going to be the answer to all our problems, but if you are going to buy a player and only play him as a bit part and not give him a decent run of games then you cant claim to of seen the best  of him.

Yes indeed!

Either way its a tough call to claim that someone would be a better target man than him

He was one of Portsmouths best players no doubt but look where they finished. He came here and when he played he did worse than Vardy and Waghorn. Then went to Blackpool and well you only have to read their forum thread to find out what they thought.

Hes a weird one though because when Pearson buys a player, They are normally in the team somewhere whether they had done good or bad

Something happened within the dressing room and none of us on here will be able to tell you exactly what. All the apparent ego's were loaned out so personally I don't think it was that.

All the best next season.

Could Pearson have prevented whatever happened (I have no idea what it was) in the first place? Just a question...

In terms of ego, wouldn't Marshall... the Bentley owning player whose form totally went out of the window... be one of those who should have gone out on loan... Why was he retained?

Could Pearson have prevented whatever happened (I have no idea what it was) in the first place? Just a question...

In terms of ego, wouldn't Marshall... the Bentley owning player whose form totally went out of the window... be one of those who should have gone out on loan... Why was he retained?

Because we have a manager who is out of his depth and has not a clue about tactics or man management, it's that simple.

Archived