Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Of Cardiff

Leicester have enquired about Don Cowie

Probably just rumours but apparently your interested in him and have also enquired about the availability of a few others - Rudy Gestede on loan being the other.

On a separate issue, i thought you were the best team to play at ours last season ( the 1-1 draw) and were the better sider in our narrow 1 nil victory.

What happened ? too many ego's ?

Probably just rumours but apparently your interested in him and have also enquired about the availability of a few others - Rudy Gestede on loan being the other.

On a separate issue, i thought you were the best team to play at ours last season ( the 1-1 draw) and were the better sider in our narrow 1 nil victory.

Nah I wouldn't say that. Young players are inconsistent and we didn't have the depth to bring in players capable of keeping the momentum up.

Cowie is decent.

As Bryn says, perhaps a little too much youth and inexperience in the side and generally too small a squad. Think we ran out of steam and didn't have the depth to change things up.

Questions must be answered this season, though, about Pearson's ability to change things up when in a rut.

Would be a bit underwhelmed by Rudy Gestede, to be honest. Don't think he's any better than Waghorn or Vardy to bringing off the bench, frankly.

As Bryn says, perhaps a little too much youth and inexperience in the side and generally too small a squad. Think we ran out of steam and didn't have the depth to change things up.

Questions must be answered this season, though, about Pearson's ability to change things up when in a rut.

Would be a bit underwhelmed by Rudy Gestede, to be honest. Don't think he's any better than Waghorn or Vardy to bringing off the bench, frankly.

Gestede is a mobile Target man, over the last couple of years we've had strikers that are unable to jump, they just back in.

Hes an ok championship player, but he was not a regular for us.  That said, his attitude ( like all our squad was spot on ) and if you have the right attitude then you sometimes get results when not playing well - which we did frequently last year. 

Rudy Gestede on the other hand would be a good signing for you - so much infact I hope he stays with us.

Gestede is a mobile Target man, over the last couple of years we've had strikers that are unable to jump, they just back in.

I don't want us thumping long balls at anyone, regardless of how high they can jump. Wood is a good target man, he's the sort of target man I wish we'd use properly. When he's given the ball at his feet he's a pretty good footballer and plays very well with David Nugent.

His form dropped off last season about the time Pearson hit the panic button and had us wanging hefty balls at his noggin.

Something happened within the dressing room and none of us on here will be able to tell you exactly what. All the apparent ego's were loaned out so personally I don't think it was that.

All the best next season.

Disagree. He's good in the air and the other pair aren't.

Would quite like Don Cowie, not the most gifted footballer but always looks willing to put in a shift when needed and seems relatively versatile across the midfield.  Don't really have an opinion on Gestede but surely we'll see some strikers leave before any new ones come into the frame.

My old Cardiff supporting Spanish teacher used to call Gestede the next Henry haha. Not quite sure how realistic that is, but I do rate him. Get rid of a few strikers and bring him in along with someone like SEB if we can.

Cowie would be a good fit for us with Ritchie Bellend going out hopefully this Summer.

Is your right winger available? That lad you got from Brighton? Class act.

Hes an ok championship player, but he was not a regular for us.  That said, his attitude ( like all our squad was spot on ) and if you have the right attitude then you sometimes get results when not playing well - which we did frequently last year. 

Rudy Gestede on the other hand would be a good signing for you - so much infact I hope he stays with us.

Pearson tends to value attitude very highly and with good reason too. I really do think in this league most sides are so even that it's often a case of whoever wants it the most.

I stand by Leicester don't need huge additions next year. We need some, but not many - just sensible ones, because we've got a core that only the relegated sides could match and even they're more likely to lose them than we are.

Pearson tends to value attitude very highly and with good reason too. I really do think in this league most sides are so even that it's often a case of whoever wants it the most.

I stand by Leicester don't need huge additions next year. We need some, but not many - just sensible ones, because we've got a core that only the relegated sides could match and even they're more likely to lose them than we are.

Just as well because I think the money has all gone , just look at who we are being linked with. Depressing. :(

Just as well because I think the money has all gone , just look at who we are being linked with. Depressing. :(

It is depressing compared to the kind of names we were linked two a couple of years back, but you've only to to look at summer 2009 & summer 2011, compare the amount of hype surrounding both summers, and compare where the side finished that following year - it means fvck all.

I agree it isn't overly exciting but it's the price we pay for spending silly money and ultimately not delivering. It's happened for too long.

Archived