Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Can you see Mr Pearson working with a Football Director

This move is hardly an endorsement of Pearson and his team, but it could be a canny move by the Board, forcing Pearson to resign if he doesn't like it.

Still it's all shuffling the deck chairs on the sinking Titanic, as long as Pearson is here we will remain a second tier club.  

Still it's all shuffling the deck chairs on the sinking Titanic, as long as Pearson is here we will remain a second tier club.

So staying exactly where we are is the same as sinking?

Merc suggests his role will be primarily to move players on due to FFP rather than overruling Pearson on transfers. With the work done by Pearson & Walsh in recruitment we'd be mad to not let them continue doing that job.

why do  we need to hire a person to move players on? me and you know who needs to go it's not rocket science.

A director of football is required beacause top and son and whelan have no clue how to run a football club on the playing side, even  though they  are successful in their own area of business. i'll bet top has no clue how the FFP rules actually impact us, so  they've got someone in with  some nous who will hopefully do a good job on that side of things.

i can't see how this wil affect pearson at all. at least it will mean we won't be signing people for milllions on long expensive contracts.

FFP means players are going to have to lower their expectations too financially.

Relegation2k14 tbh

Yep. Every other team in this league has money to burn, have got rid of any players they don't want and have already put together squads that wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League. It's just us who are encountering problems...

Yep. Every other team in this league has money to burn, have got rid of any players they don't want and have already put together squads that wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League. It's just us who are encountering problems...

Every other team?

Don't underestimate it though, I was joking but you never know. I'll stay positive about these two appointments but it could easily blow up in our face and then KP will turn around to their assistants and say "I'm bored now" 

why do  we need to hire a person to move players on? me and you know who needs to go it's not rocket science.

A director of football is required beacause top and son and whelan have no clue how to run a football club on the playing side, even  though they  are successful in their own area of business. i'll bet top has no clue how the FFP rules actually impact us, so  they've got someone in with  some nous who will hopefully do a good job on that side of things.

i can't see how this wil affect pearson at all. at least it will mean we won't be signing people for milllions on long expensive contracts.

FFP means players are going to have to lower their expectations too financially.

You think people running a multi-million pound company and a football club are incapable of understanding how a simple set of new financial rules might affect us?

I'd say they've got a much better idea than anyone outside of the football club.

why do we need to hire a person to move players on? me and you know who needs to go it's not rocket science.

Nobody's disputing the players who need moving on, indeed we all know who they are! But it won't be easy getting shot of them hence maybe the need to hire someone specifically to get this important job done?

His job is not just going to be getting rid of a few player, quite clearly that would be ludicrous. Yes he might take over negotiations so so we don't get taken for a ride, but that will just be one part of his role.

Yes we have experienced business people at the club already, but they don't have football knowledge. Take me out of my current industry and put me in another, I might do a fairly competent job, but you won't have the street smarts in certain areas and that can be exploited by those that do.

With FFP not only do we need to be right on the ball with finances across the board, we also need to get value for money in every single area. Which as I said above, will be easier for someone for knows the industry inside out.

If Robinson goes in and manages to clear out some of our higher earners then he's instantly earned my respect.

He can't just clear them out, there is nothing much he can do to force people. All he can do is try and negotiate a better deal.

Sadly, I can't help but think that the guy is going to be there to make hard finance decisions. Such as selling X player to meet FFP because we can't get rid of the dross.

Well he did ask ! As you are entitled to defend the kind of football that saw us throw away the second spot , so I am entitled to criticize it. I will always challenge selective memories as well you know. I know you are better than this . :thumbup:  :D  :D

Oh the irony  lol  lol

You have one of the most selective memories on here chap! We all know that the hoofball only got churned out in a minority of games yet you make out as if that's all we ever did!

The conclusion I'd draw from last season is that we're going to play football on the ground in future  as that's what we did most of the time, as opposed to the fraction of the season that you have deliberately selected to further your argument against Pearson.

Hypocrite.

He can't just clear them out, there is nothing much he can do to force people. All he can do is try and negotiate a better deal.

Sadly, I can't help but think that the guy is going to be there to make hard finance decisions. Such as selling X player to meet FFP because we can't get rid of the dross.

I agree, but I'd rather make them than continue to persist with players who couldn't give a shit about the club and ones who drain our finances immensely.

No doubt though if we had to sell a few players then Pearson would get all the stick.

Archived