Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Can you see Mr Pearson working with a Football Director

i'll start it off and say No.

Depends very much on what role the DOF takes, as long as the role is not to dictate tactics or players to the first team then there is no reason to be concerned or for Pearson to be bothered.

With FFP coming on board and us probably being close to the bone when it comes to meeting the criteria, financial management of the playing side from youth to first team is going to be critical. Someone to help Pearson with the more financial aspects to get the best out of our budgets will be needed as there might not be a margin for error.

This guy is not an ex manager or tactician stepping into a DOF role wanting to step on the managers toes like Kinnear. His experience is mostly at boardroom level as Chairman or Director. So I would very much expect him to be more on the finance side of things as above.

Depends very much on what role the DOF takes, as long as the role is not to dictate tactics or players to the first team then there is no reason to be concerned or for Pearson to be bothered.

With FFP coming on board and us probably being close to the bone when it comes to meeting the criteria, financial management of the playing side from youth to first team is going to be critical. Someone to help Pearson with the more financial aspects to get the best out of our budgets will be needed as there might not be a margin for error.

This guy is not an ex manager or tactician stepping into a DOF role wanting to step on the managers toes like Kinnear. His experience is mostly at boardroom level as Chairman or Director. So I would very much expect him to be more on the finance side of things as above.

It is refreshing and very nice to see a well reasoned and thought out reply. Much better than the normal sort of replies you would get on here. You do state some very interesting points and it will be interesting to see how it pans out during the course of the season.

This is definitely the sensible way to look at it. I think in our situation the best form of Director of Football we need is more of an administrative side rather than a footballing side. So in essence we've brought in a businessman who knows football, which seems something we've been seriously lacking of late.

This. I think it's a bit simplistic and easy to say that Pearson won't work with DoF full stop. Can't really see Terry Robinson butting in, or trying to run the team. Looks to me like they've consciously tried to appoint a man who won't want to meddle in the first team at any opportunity, and he'll more than likely be there to advise the board on footballing matters - which, let's face it, the Thais aren't very experienced in.

Hopefully this will mean the end of overpaid flops, and if it comes to it, good managerial appointments in future.

Can't see there being much work to do which doesn't involve stepping on Pearson's toes. A bit of financial management is one thing but the odd transfer negotiation and a few contratc negotiations each year is not a full time job. What else will he be doing?

The whole thing sits uneasily with me, but of course it does depend on the scope of his work. And who knows maybe no asked for it

Can't see there being much work to do which doesn't involve stepping on Pearson's toes. A bit of financial management is one thing but the odd transfer negotiation and a few contratc negotiations each year is not a full time job. What else will he be doing?

The whole thing sits uneasily with me, but of course it does depend on the scope of his work. And who knows maybe no asked for it

Ramadone said we also find out about about our youth setup this week and whether they have gained the top level grade. Could mean a greater amount of resources (time) also need pointing in that direction to get the best out of it should we get it. Would make sense with his two years heading up Stokes youth.

Any Director of Football role has the potential to blow-up when two egos clash but from the wording of Director of Football type role, it does look as if they're trying to spread the load between the footballing side and the administrative side. Also if he's here to further the cause for Category One Academy Status (similar to Stoke) then it's just another step towards becoming self-sufficient.

For all I'm concerned about Dave Richards, this Terry Robinson doesn't sound too bad.

With Richards denying he's becoming Chairman, it might just be an advisory role for him to help the club and Robinson with FFP (guesswork).

Don't know and don't care.

Still smarting from the fact we've probably blown the best chance that we are going to get for some time, to get out of this division - can't forgive Pearson for that.

Get used to the Championship boys & girls, these board changes are just the start of the club resetting for Championship life...

He will have the same choice as the fans he was arrogant towards, " if you don't like it don't come", if he doesn't like it quit.

I don't think he will like it one bit, but he will have to put his own ego to one side, as at the end of the day he is an employee of Leicester city, and has no say in the matter.

I am not sure about the new structure, but at least they have football experience, as much as top has the money, and business experience, but knows very little about professional football.

For all I'm concerned about Dave Richards, this Terry Robinson doesn't sound too bad.

With Richards denying he's becoming Chairman, it might just be an advisory role for him to help the club and Robinson with FFP (guesswork).

Clever Ploy by the Thais.

Scare the crap out of everyone by dropping the name Dave Richards and then soften the blow with Robinson sneaking in whilst people are still recovering from hearing Richards' name and partying hard that it isn't him.

Nicely executed...

Hopefully not. This appointment may be the needle we need to winkle him out of the job and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Which is completely the wrong way to go about things.

If they don't want Pearson they should sack him, not try and undermine him to force him to quit.

Agree with corky on this .dont like Pearson never have , but the guy deserves abit more respect than plotting behind his back.

If this is the case and its away of getting Pearson to walk, then my dislike might just turn to the board and owners instead

Archived