Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

So Excited

Dan I don't think the ticket allocation system helps, when there is only 2000 tickets, how many of the fans that create an atmosphere actually get a ticket, look at the last few away games, how many of the 2000 are family and friends of the players, staff, and owners, who are probally not interested in making a noise.

So the fans who would make a noise, don't get a look in, or groups of lads who want to make some noise and have a day out and a good booze up aint there either, how many of the away games actually make general sale, especially games with limited tickets.

Not dragging it all up again, but even the top priorities didn't get tickets for the big games, which suggests to me, what I have said could be right, which isn't good for making a noise.

One of the better away days was sheff wed, we had a big reunion, we all got tickets, and was a good atmosphere, with the majority of the lads not season ticket holders, just good old working class lads, up for a pxss up and a sing song.

I agree entirely with that to be fair but the examples given aren't great because Forest & Watford (play-offs) were very decent ends (although been in better).

Sheff Weds was a good one, I was in the middle towards the back, was excellent there I thought yet even in that my Sheff Weds' mate reckoned on the whole we were quiet.

Hang on, what's all this excited about next season stuff?

Haven't you heard?  A combination of massively high wage earners and incompetent conmen appointed at boardroom level mean Leicester City is going to go into meltdown next season.  It will start with a few worrying rumours that the owners have cancelled their privilege card with Air Asia.  Then, the Mercury will get wind of a rumour that Top has been seen cavorting with Sven in Bangkok wearing a Coventry City shirt.  Then, they will be joined by Dave Richards, pockets bulging and overflowing with extorted from our club.  Word has it, every time a kid buys something with LCFC on it, he pockets the money himself.  They will then all fall into a fountain.

Apparently, all of our players have a clause in their contract that they can leave the club if the manager of the other club can guess the magic word.  We will start next season with Bernie in goal and Jersey Budd up front.  And that's only because we couldn't get Zola...Budd.

It's a bad, bad time to be a City fan.

Away with your positivity !!

:ph34r:  lol  :thumbup:

there's no point in being overly positive or negative at this stage of proceedings as we haven't let go or signed anybody.

By aug 1st we'll have a clearer idea of whether we'll be doing as well as the first half of last season or the latter half.

Dan I don't think the ticket allocation system helps, when there is only 2000 tickets, how many of the fans that create an atmosphere actually get a ticket, look at the last few away games, how many of the 2000 are family and friends of the players, staff, and owners, who are probally not interested in making a noise.

So the fans who would make a noise, don't get a look in, or groups of lads who want to make some noise and have a day out and a good booze up aint there either, how many of the away games actually make general sale, especially games with limited tickets.

Not dragging it all up again, but even the top priorities didn't get tickets for the big games, which suggests to me, what I have said could be right, which isn't good for making a noise.

One of the better away days was sheff wed, we had a big reunion, we all got tickets, and was a good atmosphere, with the majority of the lads not season ticket holders, just good old working class lads, up for a pxss up and a sing song.

This just about sums it up for me. Football costs so much these days that matches that are attended by a lot of 'singers' look confined to history. As it is, only the absolute 'die-hards' (read: priority 1) seem to be turning out every time. (Relatively) rich and game they may be, but 'singers' most certainly ain't. The 'working class' lot just can't afford it with the way Gideon Osborne is kicking in the great unwashed at the minute, I know I certainly can't.

Been a city fan all my life and always will, but sorry I can't find one single thing to be excited about next season. Have we brought in a few top quality players to replace those who are or have gone ? Have we appointed a new manager , someone with tactical knowhow and first class man management skills ? Have the club pledged to have the majority of our home games at 3pm on a Saturday ?

Has the ground been washed and cleaned ready for the new season, Has Sky pledged to stop ****ing the  fans over ? Has someone new taken over the piss poor catering ?

Does anyone seriously think we are going to get promoted ?   How anyone can get excited about next season is beyond me. :dunno:

Been a city fan all my life and always will, but sorry I can't find one single thing to be excited about next season. Have we brought in a few top quality players to replace those who are or have gone ? Have we appointed a new manager , someone with tactical knowhow and first class man management skills ? Have the club pledged to have the majority of our home games at 3pm on a Saturday ?

Has the ground been washed and cleaned ready for the new season, Has Sky pledged to stop ****ing the  fans over ? Has someone new taken over the piss poor catering ?

Does anyone seriously think we are going to get promoted ?   How anyone can get excited about next season is beyond me. :dunno:

a) How are we going to get top players in without selling the deadwood first?

b) How are we going to get a "top-class" manager when we already have a decent, above-mediocre manager? How would we pay for a "top-class" manager? Do you remember last time around when we had a "top-class" manager, do you remember how it ended?

c) How are we going to have regular Saturday games without Sky interfering?

Do you actually ask yourself these questions or are you intentionally playing the dumb card?

Why so serious?

Why-So-Serious-the-joker-1959017-301-400

a) How are we going to get top players in without selling the deadwood first?

b) How are we going to get a "top-class" manager when we already have a decent, above-mediocre manager? How would we pay for a "top-class" manager? Do you remember last time around when we had a "top-class" manager, do you remember how it ended?

c) How are we going to have regular Saturday games without Sky interfering?

Do you actually ask yourself these questions or are you intentionally playing the dumb card?

Why so serious?

And there we have it. Pearson. Worshiped by the deluded as he's occasionally above-mediocre.

And there we have it. Pearson. Worshiped by the deluded as he's occasionally above-mediocre.

Well, in my opinion he's actually a very good Championship manager. And I think two playoff finishes in three seasons with us more than backs that up, but whatever.

He's certainly better than about three-quarters of other managers in this league. 

Well, in my opinion he's actually a very good Championship manager. And I think two playoff finishes in three seasons with us more than backs that up, but whatever.

He's certainly better than about three-quarters of other managers in this league. 

yeah, other clubs in this league will be queuing up to take him..

You could say that about the vast majority of all football managers.

Only a selected few are more successful than others either thanks to having been able to stick with the same club for years or because of massive investment by filthy-rich owners.

Only a few could actually afford him. FFP is affecting all clubs.  :)

Can't look forward to any season with Mr. Muppet still here, but at least Robinson has his head screwed on.

Yeah, we stormed League One and have had two Championship play off campaigns under him.

But let's go back to fighting for 17th position again, right!?

Dear oh dear it's a football season for gawds sake. Some of you really do need to get a life.

ha ha.. and you took the time out of your busy life to tell us that.. anyway, the fact is when old misery guts leaves here it won't be to a bigger and better club than is , this club is his high watermark,.that tells you all you need to know.

Yeah, you're right, I'm sure there wouldn't be any Championship clubs interested in a manager who has consistently been better than about 75% of the managers in this league and has proven success in building promotion challenging sides on a tight budget.

2,000 fans holding their breath as Wood takes a dodgy touch but squares it perfectly for Knockaert. That day, but more in particular the break away for the goal and the next half an hour was one of the best moments I'll ever be involved in.

Archived