Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

So Excited

For next season now the fixtures are out. They really shouldn't release them so soon after the previous season! Buzzing for Watford away as its a good night out as well as needing some revenge on them. Derby away so soon in the season too is great. Hopefully we'll be doing a minibus for Boro away too. I'm buzzing! I'm not bothered about Bournemouth away so kind of glad it's not in the height of summer!

Anyone know whether last seasons DVD is out in the shop yet? I'm dying to buy it, but shall turn it off in tears just as I did 3 seasons before when a Frenchman took a penalty for us. Here are my highlights of last season as, regardless of what the glass half empty fans say, it was a bloody exciting season. Birmingham away, Brighton away (minus the result), and Forest away were my favourite away days. The home games that stick out immediately from last season are; Hull (if anyone remembers my dilemma thread with skanking off from the missus' grandmothers birthday meal in order to get to the game) The way that game finished, Hull pushing for an equaliser for us to break away and Nugent bagging his 3rd in the dying seconds was brilliant. Derby, its always nice to stuff them. Huddersfield and Ipswich at home- Two thrashings and I personally thought Knocky's second that game was his best goal of the season. Boro- Those who managed to make it will know how it felt to be rewarded with the 3 points in the manner they came about. Bolton- I travelled home from working away in Reading for this one, and had to travel back at 5am the next day. The way we celebrated Dyer's goal was like nothing I'd seen for three years or so. It made it extra special having made a choice of driving back rather than lodge out in Reading that night. The icing on the cake was bringing my dad with me to his first match (with me) since falling ill. He often says I take football too seriously and that I should grow up, but to see him celebrate as much and as mental as the rest of L Block after Dyer's goal (albeit jumping up and down with one hand in the air whilst using the other to hold his stitches from his operation) will live with me forever. He even told me on Saturday he is looking into a season ticket this time round possibly in L or K. I hope he does, because memories like that Bolton game won't go away and I couldn't put into words how I felt when we won that game with my dad being next to me! (The next stage is to get him to some away games)

I've rambled on for too long now lol, as you can perhaps tell I am buzzing for 3rd August! Come on city!

Feel excited as I do every new season, some great fixtures this year, but more apprehensive than excited.

With the opening fixtures nigel and the boys are going to have to come out of the blocks flying.

The man is still under pressure because of the poor run last season, and the opening month has some tricky fixtures.

I will feel more excited when the players surplus to requirements have gone, and hopefully 3 or 4 solid signings have come in.

I really, really hope this is our season, I am not Nigel's biggest fan, but please get the boys flying, and get us fxcking PROMOTED.

Hang on, what's all this excited about next season stuff?

Haven't you heard?  A combination of massively high wage earners and incompetent conmen appointed at boardroom level mean Leicester City is going to go into meltdown next season.  It will start with a few worrying rumours that the owners have cancelled their privilege card with Air Asia.  Then, the Mercury will get wind of a rumour that Top has been seen cavorting with Sven in Bangkok wearing a Coventry City shirt.  Then, they will be joined by Dave Richards, pockets bulging and overflowing with extorted from our club.  Word has it, every time a kid buys something with LCFC on it, he pockets the money himself.  They will then all fall into a fountain.

Apparently, all of our players have a clause in their contract that they can leave the club if the manager of the other club can guess the magic word.  We will start next season with Bernie in goal and Jersey Budd up front.  And that's only because we couldn't get Zola...Budd.

It's a bad, bad time to be a City fan.

Away with your positivity !!

:ph34r:  lol  :thumbup:

Yeah, it does get you excited! Just a bugger I know Sky will be changing some games. Can't wait really though.

I was going to ask about the season review as well. Have we even got one for last season?

For next season now the fixtures are out. They really shouldn't release them so soon after the previous season! Buzzing for Watford away as its a good night out as well as needing some revenge on them. Derby away so soon in the season too is great. Hopefully we'll be doing a minibus for Boro away too. I'm buzzing! I'm not bothered about Bournemouth away so kind of glad it's not in the height of summer!

Anyone know whether last seasons DVD is out in the shop yet? I'm dying to buy it, but shall turn it off in tears just as I did 3 seasons before when a Frenchman took a penalty for us. Here are my highlights of last season as, regardless of what the glass half empty fans say, it was a bloody exciting season. Birmingham away, Brighton away (minus the result), and Forest away were my favourite away days. The home games that stick out immediately from last season are; Hull (if anyone remembers my dilemma thread with skanking off from the missus' grandmothers birthday meal in order to get to the game) The way that game finished, Hull pushing for an equaliser for us to break away and Nugent bagging his 3rd in the dying seconds was brilliant. Derby, its always nice to stuff them. Huddersfield and Ipswich at home- Two thrashings and I personally thought Knocky's second that game was his best goal of the season. Boro- Those who managed to make it will know how it felt to be rewarded with the 3 points in the manner they came about. Bolton- I travelled home from working away in Reading for this one, and had to travel back at 5am the next day. The way we celebrated Dyer's goal was like nothing I'd seen for three years or so. It made it extra special having made a choice of driving back rather than lodge out in Reading that night. The icing on the cake was bringing my dad with me to his first match (with me) since falling ill. He often says I take football too seriously and that I should grow up, but to see him celebrate as much and as mental as the rest of L Block after Dyer's goal (albeit jumping up and down with one hand in the air whilst using the other to hold his stitches from his operation) will live with me forever. He even told me on Saturday he is looking into a season ticket this time round possibly in L or K. I hope he does, because memories like that Bolton game won't go away and I couldn't put into words how I felt when we won that game with my dad being next to me! (The next stage is to get him to some away games)

I've rambled on for too long now lol, as you can perhaps tell I am buzzing for 3rd August! Come on city!

So Excited? Feck me its Bobby Ball!

Cuddly slips a bit of humour in.

Love the positivity, lets make it a positive season.

That I'm afraid is down to the manager, players and club.

A strong start will unite the fans, maybe even filter some positivity to the stands.

We have had false hope that many seasons recently were the players, manager, and owners have given false hope, and last season was probably the worst.

I really want to be positive about the up coming season, which I really hope ends in promotion, but just don't think we are good enough, or consistent enough, and there are many strong teams again next season, it's going to take a consistent side, fit side to get promoted.

I will start the season with hope of a promotion winning season, but expect to be disappointed again.

But that's the joys of being a Leicester fan.

That I'm afraid is down to the manager, players and club.

A strong start will unite the fans, maybe even filter some positivity to the stands.

We have had false hope that many seasons recently were the players, manager, and owners have given false hope, and last season was probably the worst.

I really want to be positive about the up coming season, which I really hope ends in promotion, but just don't think we are good enough, or consistent enough, and there are many strong teams again next season, it's going to take a consistent side, fit side to get promoted.

I will start the season with hope of a promotion winning season, but expect to be disappointed again.

But that's the joys of being a Leicester fan.

It works both ways. We will go to Boro and get behind them in a big way. Not travel with our usual air of arrogant expectancy

It works both ways. We will go to Boro and get behind them in a big way. Not travel with our usual air of arrogant expectancy

I wouldn't say we are arrogant, we are no where near good enough for that, but we do have high expectations, and the expectations are fed by the media, manager and players, oh and the owners.

We are just gullible and get excited by the hype, and set ourselves up for disappointment.

Last year wasn't bad really. Very much a rollercoaster and there were plenty of good things about it, and plenty of bad too I'd say. That post definitely made me appreciate things more though as there were some truly excellent moments.

This'll sound daft but that'll literally be the best improvement on last year should it happen. My biggest gripe with last season was our support. It got better towards the end of the season but the lack of noise on so many of even the away games was embarrassing, so often I'd read from the home fans "good numbers but just didn't make any noise", I can't help but feel a lot of our support had a bit of an arrogance about us that was simply not justified.

Maybe it was just something with last year, who knows. I'd love us to go up to Middlesbrough with our whole end pulling its weight. Makes for a far better day every single time and makes shite results bearable.

This'll sound daft but that'll literally be the best improvement on last year should it happen. My biggest gripe with last season was our support. It got better towards the end of the season but the lack of noise on so many of even the away games was embarrassing, so often I'd read from the home fans "good numbers but just didn't make any noise", I can't help but feel a lot of our support had a bit of an arrogance about us that was simply not justified.

Maybe it was just something with last year, who knows. I'd love us to go up to Middlesbrough with our whole end pulling its weight. Makes for a far better day every single time and makes shite results bearable.

Have to agree to a point some of the home games especially the atmosphere was poor, I think alot of that started when we went top, we as fans I think got nervous, which created the quiet tense atmosphere.

The away games, I thought we were good, barring a few games, but again how shite we are away, I don't think we are that quiet.

I think it's a little unfair to have a dig at our fans, ok yes we have some whiners, but all clubs do.

But it's down to the playing staff to play well, which will create a good positive atmosphere, and considering how poor we were for so long, we still had very good numbers home and away, and I sit in l1 and not once did I hear any chants for Pearson to go, which showed we have alot of patient fans.

Have to agree to a point some of the home games especially the atmosphere was poor, I think alot of that started when we went top, we as fans I think got nervous, which created the quiet tense atmosphere.

The away games, I thought we were good, barring a few games, but again how shite we are away, I don't think we are that quiet.

I think it's a little unfair to have a dig at our fans, ok yes we have some whiners, but all clubs do.

But it's down to the playing staff to play well, which will create a good positive atmosphere, and considering how poor we were for so long, we still had very good numbers home and away, and I sit in l1 and not once did I hear any chants for Pearson to go, which showed we have alot of patient fans.

The home games have been poor for noise for a while but to our credit it did pick up a lot at the end and although I'm not keen on gimmicks like clappers, they seemed to do the trick, that Watford play-off game was the best atmosphere I've heard at that ground.

Our away support's strange. It can be as good as anyone on its day, I just felt in a lot last year there was zero atmosphere. Not knocking our numbers for one minute but found in a lot of the aways there was actually very little in terms of noise - if not singing Pearson out is something to be proud of then our standards have hit an all-time low.

The home games have been poor for noise for a while but to our credit it did pick up a lot at the end and although I'm not keen on gimmicks like clappers, they seemed to do the trick, that Watford play-off game was the best atmosphere I've heard at that ground.

Our away support's strange. It can be as good as anyone on its day, I just felt in a lot last year there was zero atmosphere. Not knocking our numbers for one minute but found in a lot of the aways there was actually very little in terms of noise - if not singing Pearson out is something to be proud of then our standards have hit an all-time low.

I can't remember saying not chanting Pearson out is something to be proud of, what I am saying is the fans have been very patient, I have seen alot of managers over the years get abuse for alot less, that maybe because we did play some of the best football I have seen in a long time, even though it was for a short time.

What I did say was playing shite week in week out, and getting poor results has an impact on the atmosphere, and our away form wasn't that clever, and some of the poorest, negative performances accured away from home, I think all leicester fans were patient with the team, and they the club collectively got off with it lightly considering that shocking run of form.

Aye ho that's gone now, lets hope it's not another inconsistent season, and we finally have something to get truley excited about.

I can't remember saying not chanting Pearson out is something to be proud of, what I am saying is the fans have been very patient, I have seen alot of managers over the years get abuse for alot less, that maybe because we did play some of the best football I have seen in a long time, even though it was for a short time.

What I did say was playing shite week in week out, and getting poor results has an impact on the atmosphere, and our away form wasn't that clever, and some of the poorest, negative performances accured away from home, I think all leicester fans were patient with the team, and they the club collectively got off with it lightly considering that shocking run of form.

Aye ho that's gone now, lets hope it's not another inconsistent season, and we finally have something to get truley excited about.

Not saying you're wrong with the first point, but can you think of any examples?

I don't necessarily think it was the shite on the pitch away from home. I agree it doesn't help but we were pretty much outsung at Bristol and we were 4 up, it was embarrassing. Brighton away - 2,000 sell out away end in a very big game and there was barely a peep from our end.

No-one's obliged to sing at all, it's their own choice, but our away support has gone downhill for me. It was literally far louder a couple of years ago.

Archived