Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carter90

Something to start the Season?

Thought you'd know me well enough by now to have got the sarcasm Bert!

My dad is now pretty much in the same position mate

I know mate, was just trying to put across one of the reasons I hate that chant.

I know mate, was just trying to put across one of the reasons I hate that chant.

There must be a lot of really passionate Leicester fans in the same boat as your dad or some who possibly even just can't afford it in the current climate. ...I absolutely detest that song/chant and even got close to a bit of fisty cuffs with some lads singing it away at chelsea in the cup the other year!

Personally just hope it's a moronic chant that dies out soon!... (I'm aware the poster who suggested it was only joking though)

I know Bert. Usually though when a game is televised theres a couple of our lot who'll stay at home and watch it on the tv. Those of us who have gone aim the chant at them. Whilst it seems narrow minded of other people's circumstances - my dad's, your dad's, whoever's, I'd like to think that most people who have reasons for not going never even regard the chant as aimed at them. Certainly if you asked my other mates who sing it, they'dsay the same as me.

I know Bert. Usually though when a game is televised theres a couple of our lot who'll stay at home and watch it on the tv. Those of us who have gone aim the chant at them. Whilst it seems narrow minded of other people's circumstances - my dad's, your dad's, whoever's, I'd like to think that most people who have reasons for not going never even regard the chant as aimed at them. Certainly if you asked my other mates who sing it, they'dsay the same as me.

Im

Im

Im

Good post X 4

I learnt over the weekend that I'll be abroad (for work) for the first home game.

So I'll have to revert to being a cnut for the day. That is, if I can find a bar showing the game in whatever god-forsaken place I've been sent to.

If I can't find one showing our game, I'll find a bar showing sports anyway and chuck my boss at the screen. He looks a bit like a tennis ball. 

How about the classic "We're Leicester City, we're buying the league" chant?

Won't be getting much on an airing for the coming season, I wouldn't expect. 

Hold your hands up if you joined in with that one. I bet there's a few on here. 

Yeh it soon stopped when we realised just how clueless Mr Clueless was.

I do think though that fans take this one to heart far too much than is really needed- It's not my way of justifying to others why I sing it, I shall continue to do so whilst mindful of those I'm singing about (my mates who couldn't be arsed to travel to the game as it's on TV) They know we sing it about them so don't see the problem really. We all know someone I'm sure who can't make it for genuine reasons and others who can't be arsed to make it!

How. About for the forest game we all take fishing rods with photos of big Wes hooked on the end .... and just dangle them in front of any forest fan we see...

They'll probably think that's really funny!

Archived