Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Watford Away Moved for SKY

Personally, I don't like Sky and don't subscribe but I see their coverage of our games as inevitable and in itself,TV coverage is not a bad thing. The problem is how they choose to do it. Moving so many of our home games last season was ridiculous.

Obviously, it would be better for the club and fans if only our away games were shown as it won't be our attendances that suffer and we won't be losing money. As there are generally a couple of thousand that get to watch away games, everyone else can get to see it as well.

The very least we ask for as fans is some balance in coverage.

I won't hold my breath though

Love it when its on sky ! i go to the game and record it on sky. and watch it again when i get home!

How many times did you watch the 2nd leg of the play-off again?!

I've never intentionally watched that penalty or match again. I just cannot do it. Avoided it like I tried to avoid Kermo's penalty vs Cardiff.

How many times did you watch the 2nd leg of the play-off again?!

I've never intentionally watched that penalty or match again. I just cannot do it. Avoided it like I tried to avoid Kermo's penalty vs Cardiff.

well apart from that game i deleted it straight away :P

We can appear on Sky 15 times during the season and we get the same money as Barnsley, who might be on there once or twice, which is unfair IMO.

Quite right, it would be unfair but fortunately you're very wrong so it's all okay.

All sides get £1.8m with an extra £80k per home game selected.

There was a statement on this amidst the hysteria last season if you don't believe me...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-pound-640-000-live-TV-coverage/story-18479855-detail/story.html#axzz2XzjjPJam

Guest MattP

Quite right, it would be unfair but fortunately you're very wrong so it's all okay.

All sides get £1.8m with an extra £80k per home game selected.

There was a statement on this amidst the hysteria last season if you don't believe me...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-pound-640-000-live-TV-coverage/story-18479855-detail/story.html#axzz2XzjjPJam

£80k extra? So that's about 3,000 fans worth I'd say.

Not sure that's worth it to the club.

It's a game i'd have liked to have gone too, Watford is normally a good day out from previous experiences.

However Sky have finally moved an away game so atleast that is a positive of some sort, just abit annoying it's an away game i'd have chose to have gone to, I could still go but 1) It's now early. 2) I may aswell save some money by watching on the net/going round a mates/going to a pub (I realise going to the pub will cost money, but it'd still be cheaper than going).

So abit annoyed but a positive they have finally moved and away match.

Barr the playoff game v Watford can anyone tell me our last away game on Sky and how many home matches in a row have been shown on Sky?

£80k extra? So that's about 3,000 fans worth I'd say.

Not sure that's worth it to the club.

There's probably not a great deal in it.

The 80k will more than cover the missing 2,000 fans (21k average on Sky compared to 23k 3pm Sat) though so my point to indierich06 stands – we're not worse off.

It's a game i'd have liked to have gone too, Watford is normally a good day out from previous experiences.

However Sky have finally moved an away game so atleast that is a positive of some sort, just abit annoying it's an away game i'd have chose to have gone to, I could still go but 1) It's now early. 2) I may aswell save some money by watching on the net/going round a mates/going to a pub (I realise going to the pub will cost money, but it'd still be cheaper than going).

So abit annoyed but a positive they have finally moved and away match.

Barr the playoff game v Watford can anyone tell me our last away game on Sky and how many home matches in a row have been shown on Sky?

Derby?

Archived