Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Watford Away Moved for SKY

The following games for us SHOULD now be confirmed in their slots...

Boro

Wycombe

Leeds

Derby

Birmingham

Charlton

Blackburn (T)

Barnsley

Yeovil (T)

Watford

Ipswich

Due to either our game has being moved to Sky, Sky showing live games that weekend already, or it's on a Tuesday night, and no mid-week games are shown live on a Tuesday.

Sky have yet to pick matches in Sept-Nov on the weekend when we face...

Wigan

Blackpool

Doncaster

Huddersfield

Bournemouth

Forest

Millwall

Those picks are to come at some point, though none of those aside from Forest seem very appealing as a TV game.

Hope that's correct now I've worked it all out!

I understand the frustrations about all the home games moved last season that was stupid and wrong but moving the Watford away game to earlier kick off for sky isn't that bad. It's not far from Leicester to Watford hour and a half. And you can't expect every game to stay as it was anyway.

Guest MattP

Who cares. Get a grip. Bet majority of you are happy it's on sky.

Sky pay us money. What do you expect? To never be on sky.

No I expect us to be on sky the odd time. I don't expect to only have 9 games out of 23 on Saturday at 3pm though.

Then again it's all about getting a few quid isn't it? I wish people were this concerned about money when we were driving a 90million debt against the club blowing cash on shit.

And for all the money sky give us for each live game it wont even cover a month of our interest payments back to the owners.

Not overly bothered and can see why they've chose it. It's still on a Saturday at least and it's one of the easiest away games to get to in the league as well.

Who cares. Get a grip. Bet majority of you are happy it's on sky.

Sky pay us money. What do you expect? To never be on sky.

I think you'll find the fans who spend thousands of pounds a year following this team care about being constantly ****ed over - sometimes at extremely short notice - but I'm sure it's all really nice for the ones who stay home and watch from their armchair.

Also, the more games we have on Sky, the more we're losing out financially. Sky pay a flat fee at the start of the season to every Championship club. We can appear on Sky 15 times during the season and we get the same money as Barnsley, who might be on there once or twice, which is unfair IMO. Then you've got the fact that when we're at home on Sky, our attendance drops. So we're actually losing money because of lower attendances, and the more times we're on Sky at home, the more we lose. It must be getting to the point now where we're hardly making any money out of the deal at all, whereas other clubs in the league will do a lot better from it. 

IMO, there should be a cap of how many times you can feature on Sky - home or away - during the season, because we're actually losing out the more we feature.

But yeah, who cares? We should all just get a grip eh?

I think you'll find the fans who spend thousands of pounds a year following this team care about being constantly ****ed over - sometimes at extremely short notice - but I'm sure it's all really nice for the ones who stay home and watch from their armchair.

Also, the more games we have on Sky, the more we're losing out financially. Sky pay a flat fee at the start of the season to every Championship club. We can appear on Sky 15 times during the season and we get the same money as Barnsley, who might be on there once or twice, which is unfair IMO. Then you've got the fact that when we're at home on Sky, our attendance drops. So we're actually losing money because of lower attendances, and the more times we're on Sky at home, the more we lose. It must be getting to the point now where we're hardly making any money out of the deal at all, whereas other clubs in the league will do a lot better from it.

IMO, there should be a cap of how many times you can feature on Sky - home or away - during the season, because we're actually losing out the more we feature.

But yeah, who cares? We should all just get a grip eh?

You must be really stupid to think that we lose money from it. The club gets paid yearly from sky. Season tickets already bought. Will lose out on 5k tickets on the day but the club would rather have lump sum from sky. And I work in a bookies. To be able to watch Leicester at work while getting paid? Good for me! Not everyone goes to every game in the season. Doesn't make you less of a supporter. I'm so sorry that the game is kicking off 175 minutes before originally planned. I'm sure you can no longer go to this game!

No I expect us to be on sky the odd time. I don't expect to only have 9 games out of 23 on Saturday at 3pm though.

Then again it's all about getting a few quid isn't it? I wish people were this concerned about money when we were driving a 90million debt against the club blowing cash on shit.

And for all the money sky give us for each live game it wont even cover a month of our interest payments back to the owners.

This, this, a million times this!

We don't even get any money for away games being moved do we?

You must be really stupid to think that we lose money from it. The club gets paid yearly from sky. Season tickets already bought. Will lose out on 5k tickets on the day but the club would rather have lump sum from sky. And I work in a bookies. To be able to watch Leicester at work while getting paid? Good for me! Not everyone goes to every game in the season. Doesn't make you less of a supporter. I'm so sorry that the game is kicking off 175 minutes before originally planned. I'm sure you can no longer go to this game!

You must be really stupid if you think we're getting a good deal out of this. The more times we're on Sky, the more money we lose. Given that we're on Sky more than most teams in the Championship, it's safe to say that we're getting the worst deal out it financially.

clubs should be paid a lower base fee at the start of the season by Sky and then clubs should be paid a fee for every game shown on Sky during the season. This would be a much, much fairer way of doing things.

But hey, as long as you can skive off work in the bookies and watch the football, **** it.

Guest MattP

So if we are on Sky 10 times that's just short of £2,000,000 we are losing in ticket sales whilst we get a pittance in extra cash from Sky as it's all paid up at the start of the year.

Sounds great.

I'm not pissed off about this one as like I say I can't go but some of the attitudes about it being moved are worrying. It's no wonder at all football fans are taken for fvcking mugs.

So if we are on Sky 10 times that's just short of £2,000,000 we are losing in ticket sales whilst we get a pittance in extra cash from Sky as it's all paid up at the start of the year.

Sounds great.

At least it's on in the bookies though.

Well this one actually suits me for once as my Mrs will be giving birth to a city star of the future in late October

So I'll be watching on the tele and I'll probably be a c*nt !

Unless she's late and has it on this day, then you're fucked lol

Archived