Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Leamington Match Thread

First half was pretty shite, definitely looked better in the second half although far from faultless. Thought King had a good game.

A lot of them looked pretty sharp, fair play, Schlupp was very decent in the first half.

Just got home. Decent run out...Taft looked good in first half, Danns all over the place. They should've scored on the counter in the first half when we fooked up some sort of a pre-planned corner - ball played outside the box to Marshall who shinned it and they came down the pitch and had a three on one.

Vardy kept winning headers (??!!) but none of his wild knock downs found our players. Trying too hard, maybe.

Waggy took his chance well. Wood too, but he also missed a decent chance. Still no idea how Waggy managed to do what he did to put Wood through - some sort of a flying stepover involving a flurry of feet and heels - pure class.

Nobody looked particularly sharp but then they've only been back for two weeks or so.

Didn't see Pearson, must've left this one to Shakespeare? Shakes gave the half time talk too. Konch was missing too. Somebody asked Knocky (who was warming up) where Konch was and in his Gallic purr he replied "I dont't know. Probably sleeping". One of our lads closeby said "Or having his hair cut". Got a smile for that.

Nice little ground actually.

The small time setting offered decent comedy value just before kick off too. Huge queue to the bar for beers and a couple of their older fans got their knickers in the twist because the queue wasn't "where it always is".

"What's going on? Why is the queue 'ere? Usually it snakes along the left hand wall."

Somebody pointed out that surely it doesn't matter where the fook the queue was, as it still would be exactly as long. The two old boys then defiantly tried to inch closer to the wall and stand at an angle in the hope that people behind them would start queuing towards the wall. To no avail. Bizarre. But funny to watch.

So looking forward to this season. Today has made me want the season to start even sooner.

Its easy to look like you have gained pace against a team of that standard

Not really.... Just because you're in a lower league doesn't mean you're automatically slow.

Very interesting that we actually set up with three at the back, I've been hoping we'd have a look at that, defence looked pretty solid as well but we were definitely better in the second half, definitely put that down to the players.

Danns was a mixed bag, didn't think he was too bad.

Futacs is truly awful.

The main thing I felt about the first half compared to the second half was that we looked really dangerous with the ball, RDL and Schlupp were dynamite down the wings and Gally/Marshall really showed what they are good at with free roles in midfield. Wood and Waghorn in the 2nd half were clearly miles ahead talent wise of Vardy and Futacs. Blyth looked dangerous when he came on and did much better than Futacs, who in my view is only a professional footballer because of his height. He doesn't even use that well though.

The small time setting offered decent comedy value just before kick off too. Huge queue to the bar for beers and a couple of their older fans got their knickers in the twist because the queue wasn't "where it always is".

"What's going on? Why is the queue 'ere? Usually it snakes along the left hand wall."

Somebody pointed out that surely it doesn't matter where the fook the queue was, as it still would be exactly as long. The two old boys then defiantly tried to inch closer to the wall and stand at an angle in the hope that people behind them would start queuing towards the wall. To no avail. Bizarre. But funny to watch.

This is the kind of shit I like to read about.  :thumbup:

Was Pearson at the game today?

I had a view of the dugout and didn't see him all game.

???

Came onto the pitch at half-time and had a brief chat with the second-half team, then made his way to the stand opposite the dug-outs. I didn't know where he was before half-time though.

Archived