Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Michael Cain

Just heard from people from the leamington friendly that Cain played well and could be close to first team so from people that have seen him play, do u think he will be pushing for first team next season?

I've seen him a few times for the youth lads, as well as last night, and his biggest asset is his composure on the ball. He's a very, very tidy player. If anybody from the youth set up will be on the fringes of the first team this season my money would be on it being Cain.

Guest ttfn

He could be but it will be hard for him to break through with King and James. Taft for me has the biggest opportunity.

If we get rid of Drinkwater and Wellens as expected then he's right on the fringes.

I've seen him a few times for the youth lads, as well as last night, and his biggest asset is his composure on the ball. He's a very, very tidy player. If anybody from the youth set up will be on the fringes of the first team this season my money would be on it being Cain.

Not a lot of people know that.

it was ****ing Leamington, how about we wait until they've played every friendly

So what? If someone had a stinker you'd be saying can't even play well against Leamington so surely it's works both ways?

Anyway, Wellens kept banging on at Pearson last year to get him involved apparently. Bright future ahead.

So what? If someone had a stinker you'd be saying can't even play well against Leamington so surely it's works both ways?

Anyway, Wellens kept banging on at Pearson last year to get him involved apparently. Bright future ahead.

No suprise there. Wellens would be made into a coach for me.

Taft will make the biggest splash for me this season. We have a clear hole at CB next to Wes who prefers to play the right side and Taft is left footed and clearly a talented footballer as well as a defender. SSL has clearly been deemed expendable by Nigel and yes it might have only been Leamington last night but for me Taft was much more impressive than Whitbread. Taft looked positive when he had the ball and refused to simply hoof it and looked to play and bring the midfield into the game and also looked strong in the air.

If he does make it, can his song be....

To the tune of score in a brothel....

Supposed to blow the doors off,

Only supposed to blow the doors off,

Blow the Bloody doors off,

Only supposed to blow the dooorrrrrsssss off

no actually until the last couple of friendlies when people are up to speed, I put no stock what so ever in friendlies, they are glorified training sessions

I've been going on about George Taft for a few years now after watching him progress at our academy & seen him play against Germany for England u19's lovely left foot big strong & always looks to play a pass often take my dad down to belvoir drive to watch the development games & he loves watching this kid play , big future I'm the game but elsewhere I fear, the manager seems to overlook him .

Taft can play LB as well can't he? If so he could definitely challenge Konch there.

10x better at center half though, One thing he is not is quick and I think Pearson likes quick full backs. Taft is made to be the perfect center half

Just heard from people from the leamington friendly that Cain played well and could be close to first team so from people that have seen him play, do u think he will be pushing for first team next season?

You mean you read berts tweet.... ohhhh

we only have 2 CB's 3 iff you count Moore but I'm sure bert or someone else said he saw himself/the club saw him as a right back so Taft has a big chance this season with FFP coming in given Whitbread's injury record

Archived