Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

The Beatles

10 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

This TV studio "performance" cracked me up.   I don't really know why.    I just found the chaos of it all rather amusing, and the worse it gets, the funnier it is!

Not Beatles related.. but if you enjoy choas in music studio's... this wonderful performance from TISM (This Is Serious Mum) might be a pleasant few minutes :)  (from around 1.40)

Edited by ozleicester

11 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

This TV studio "performance" cracked me up.   I don't really know why.    I just found the chaos of it all rather amusing, and the worse it gets, the funnier it is!

Jimmie Nicol on drums - (for a few weeks). 

• 3 weeks later...

Abbey Road Tribute  · 

Follow
  · 

For today’s “Beatle Song for the Day” we offer “A World Without Love.” (Lennon--McCartney)
Written by Paul, the song was recorded by British duo Peter and Gordon and released as their first single in February 1964 and went to Number One in the US, UK, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia.
Paul wrote the song when he was 16. When he moved into Jane Asher’s home in 1963, sharing a room with her brother Peter Asher, Asher asked him if he could use the song after Asher and Gordon Waller had signed a recording contract as Peter and Gordon.
“The funny first line always used to please John,” said Paul.
‘“Please lock me away –' 'Yes, okay.' End of song."
“I think that was resurrected from the past,” said John.
“I think he had that whole song before the Beatles. ... That has the line 'Please lock me away' that we always used to crack up at."
Paul did not think the song was good enough for The Beatles and was never released by the band. The only known recording of the song by any member of the Beatles is the original demo of the song performed by Paul which is now in the possession of Peter Asher. In 2013, Paul’s demo was posted to YouTube.
Paul previously offered the song to Billy J Kramer, who declined.
It is one of two songs credited to Lennon–McCartney to reach number one in the US by an artist other than the Beatles. The other is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" covered by Elton John in 1974.
Thanks to Boris for this image.