Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson told to offload FOUR high-earning stars in wage bill trim

For me Gallagher, Futacs and one of Danns/Drinkwater should be the main priority to offload.

There speaks a bloke who hasn't even noticed that Danns is absolute rubbish and Drinkwater was our best player against Monaco - so let's get rid of one or the other.

It's the old toe the club line or get in an argument with Babylon scenario.

You have contradicted yourself in your own statements above by firstly saying we cant compete with the clubs receiving parachute payments and then saying we have one of the largest budgets in the league.

If you manage / run a business you have to take calculated risks. Without risk there can be no reward.

Of course some are happy stacking shelves / answering phones / being a slave to someone else for fixed monthly pay, but will they ever get rich?

If they win the lottery maybe.... when they are 646646456564654 years old............................

Am I asking too much to see the shortcomings of last season rectified within a justifiable financial structure? Obviously.

We can't compete with the dozens of millions of pounds the relegated teams from the Premier League receive, because they're entitled to it due to their respective contracts.

We, however, cannot dish out 30, 40 millions because it'd break probably every single FFP rule.

That's not our fault, but the system implemented by the FA - even though it's a great piece when it comes to their intentions - is still not perfect and has its own loopholes (as explained just before).

For what it's worth, we do have one of the largest budgets in the league, but we need to downsize even more to make the club and it's affiliated businesses sustainable in the long run.

This isn't just another "business", this is an industry under the influence of rather hefty regulations implemented by a ruling committee.

It's the old toe the club line or get in an argument with Babylon scenario.

Who is arguing, I am discussing it with you. Please stop trying to belittle my opinion by suggesting a only toe the club line.

You have contradicted yourself in your own statements above by firstly saying we cant compete with the clubs receiving parachute payments and then saying we have one of the largest budgets in the league.

It's not a contradiction at all, we do have one of the largest budgets in the league excluding those with parachute payments. I wouldn't have thought that needed explaining. The problem is a huge chunk of the decent budget we do have is being paid to a load of crap, that's not just Svens fault either Pearson has a few of his own cart horses on the books.

If you manage / run a business you have to take calculated risks. Without risk there can be no reward.

You may not have noticed, but we are currently 100m in debt to them. The risk has already been taken, the horse has bolted. We went past calculated risk about a year ago and are currently in financial suicide realms. Good businessmen do not keep taking the same risk if it has already failed 3 times previously.

Of course some are happy stacking shelves / answering phones / being a slave to someone else for fixed monthly pay, but will they ever get rich?

If they win the lottery maybe.... when they are 646646456564654 years old............................

Thanks for the business lesson. lol

Am I asking too much to see the shortcomings of last season rectified within a justifiable financial structure? Obviously.

Ok so we buy some players, forget frees if you want to break the rules we might as well sign players for £5m and be done with it. Next season, when we are still in this league, when we lose about 6/7 players due to their contracts running out and we can't buy anyone to replace them because we are under an embargo... then what?

Monsell's idea isn't total crap though, it just is at this point in time as the cost of failure is way to high from the position we're in. If, come January, we're sitting 10 points clear at the top of the table, it may well be worth taking the risk.

This discussion should be brought back up then, we'll all have a much clearer idea how the land lies

Who is arguing, I am discussing it with you. Please stop trying to belittle my opinion by suggesting a only toe the club line.

Says the guy who spends most of his time while on here,trying to belittle the opinion of people who don`t share your views!  lol

Your opinions don`t always make you right, even if some of your foxestalk  disciples tell you they are!  :P

It's not a contradiction at all, we do have one of the largest budgets in the league excluding those with parachute payments. I wouldn't have thought that needed explaining. The problem is a huge chunk of the decent budget we do have is being paid to a load of crap, that's not just Svens fault either Pearson has a few of his own cart horses on the books.

You may not have noticed, but we are currently 100m in debt to them. The risk has already been taken, the horse has bolted. We went past calculated risk about a year ago and are currently in financial suicide realms. Good businessmen do not keep taking the same risk if it has already failed 3 times previously.

Thanks for the business lesson. lol

Ok so we buy some players, forget frees if you want to break the rules we might as well sign players for £5m and be done with it. Next season, when we are still in this league, when we lose about 6/7 players due to their contracts running out and we can't buy anyone to replace them because we are under an embargo... then what?

No I don't agree.

Point being there have been some quality free transfers out there that we have missed out on.

Now granted they will still cost wages, but we have already shed two high earners from he wage bill, and if we loaned out some of the others to lower the wage costs further even if it only partly covered the wages of the new signings it would be a much smaller risk surely worth the benefits.

I believe the bottom line is that beyond the petty bickering on here our owners simply just wont put their hands into their pockets and shell out unless they can put it all against the club as debt to be paid back to them at a profit. Their bottle and resolve has gone, and as you said we already owe them so much if they walked we would be playing in a park against amateur opposition within weeks.

I've got to tell you for me the Thai's project with the club has turned out to be a haphazard mirage of smoke and mirrors that ultimately has left the club in a precarious position, and right now when the club needs owners willing to accept some financial pain for the long term gain they are nowhere to be seen.

Every year another 3 clubs will come down with parachute payments, so how you can say under this structure we are a larger budget club is just pure fantasy.

We need to get up to get onto the income stream that will support the debts the owners have burdened the club with.

How else do you ever think we are going to be able to pay them back?

Didn't Toffee or Bert say teams have enquired about Konchesky?

If so sell him.

Who would people rather lose, Konchesky or Nugent?

Konchesky is past it, is on high wages, and in a 3-5-2 with wing backs we need pace, Konchesky doesn't offer it unlike Bakayogo or Schlupp, who like I said on another thread, would be better with helping out Whitbread or St Ledger, because their pace will be a real asset especially when tracking back. 

Sell him then it would free us up to get in some players, in the two areas we lack, Central defence & midfield.

EDIT. It will then allow us to keep Schmeichel, Morgan and Nugent for the season. And if we can get in two players at the expense of Konchesky, we then can just loan out Gallagher & Danns instead of selling them, then by next season when there contracts are up, we can finally release them. 

Archived