Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson told to offload FOUR high-earning stars in wage bill trim

Seems a bit weird we'd be playing Danns and Ledge and trying out this new formation in pre season if we are planning on getting rid

I'm imagine at this stage we don't know who will or won't be here, so Pearson is just choosing the best he currently has. I'm sure Pearson would prefer rid of certain players, but that might not happen.

It's a fine if you break the rules and get promoted, it's a transfer embargo if you stay in this division

So we implement a self imposed transfer embargo a year early and handicap our chances of getting promoted......

So we implement a self imposed transfer embargo a year early and handicap our chances of getting promoted......

You do know we have signed someone right, funny transfer embargo.

Funnily enough by doing what we are doing it a) limits our chances of losing millions and millions of pounds. b) makes receiving an actual embargo (not one you have made up) less likely.

Your shit or bust attitude is rather worrying, would you be so gung ho if this was your money?

You slate us not signing anyone and being on our own "transfer embargo" and then actively encourage breaking the rules that would mean we would receive one next year. Getting promoted is not certain no matter what you spend, did you not witness the last 3 years?

If we spent money and failed to go up then what? Would you be on here bitching and moaning again about us not signing anyone?

Why does buying little to no players equal "handicapping" our chances of getting promoted?

Splashing out huge chunks of cash have hardly ever helped the/our cause. Were you in some sort of hibernation in the past five to ten years, especially during the Eriksson Era?

Why can't we just release these players, like we did with Wellens?

The majority of their contract has to be paid up unless the club and the player can agree a fee in between the two so that the club saves on their contract and also the player gets some of the original contract that they are owed.

You do know we have signed someone right, funny transfer embargo.

Funnily enough by doing what we are doing it a) limits our chances of losing millions and millions of pounds. b) makes receiving an actual embargo (not one you have made up) less likely.

Your shit or bust attitude is rather worrying, would you be so gung ho if this was your money?

You slate us not signing anyone and being on our own "transfer embargo" and then actively encourage breaking the rules that would mean we would receive one next year. Getting promoted is not certain no matter what you spend, did you not witness the last 3 years?

If we spent money and failed to go up then what? Would you be on here bitching and moaning again about us not signing anyone?

Spot on.

Pearson should continue to go about reducing his squad and letting contracts run down. (there is no way he actually wants to keep all of the strikers at the club)

NP is selling some, or trying to, and then next summer once more players' contracts have ran down then we can let them go, save a huge amount of cash on wages and then rebuild a small squad, within FFP, with the wages that have now been freed.

You can't just release them, you have to agree it with them and they will want x% of their contract. Gallagher would be lucky to get 4k anywhere else, he's probably on 3 or 4 times that here, which he would want a large percentage of to move on.

Like I said in another post, I thought so.

Bloody depressing though isn't it. 

All Sven's fault or Andrew Neville.

I have a lot of respect for Sven but sometimes when we look back and go back over some of his decisions that were made you can't help but think wtf was he thinking, should never have sold Jack Hobbs only to offer big money contracts to the likes of Gally and Wellens can't blame the lads for taking them up

I forgot about Futacs.

He's still relatively young, but I can see big Nige keeping Nugent, Schlupp, Wood and Waghorn.

Hopefully Futacs and Vardy will, at the very least, be loaned out.

I think we are doing all the right things to try to comply with FFP - while if we don't manage to offload the likes of Danns, Gally and St-Ledger it at least looks like we have tried if/when we fail the FFP break-even test

I think these sorts of things are taken into consideration when deciding on the punishment (i.e. the transfer embargo as well as the fine).  by the end of next season Danns / St ledger are out of contract so we stand a good chance of showing that even if we fail FFP this year, we won't next year.  This should aviod the transfer embargo (I think)

Apparently we are just within the limits anyway if we were still well out I doubt we would be signing Bakayogo, by removing the highest earning most expendable players it will go great lengths in allowing us to bring in new players. If there was a serious financial problem complying with FFP at this stage then we would be welcoming offers for the likes of Schmeichel, Nugent and Morgan. 

Guest MattP

Apparently we are just within the limits anyway if we were still well out I doubt we would be signing Bakayogo, by removing the highest earning most expendable players it will go great lengths in allowing us to bring in new players. If there was a serious financial problem complying with FFP at this stage then we would be welcoming offers for the likes of Schmeichel, Nugent and Morgan. 

If we are in a mess I imagine we'll do it in Jan.

Best time to sell players anyway as teams and desperate and will pay more.

It's a fine if you break the rules and get promoted, it's a transfer embargo if you stay in this division

it's a fine and a cap on the sky money if you get promoted. you can't profit from spending for promotion by more than about 10 million, you don't get the other 80 or so ...

lol, we've signed one and we'll sign others if we can shift the high earners. That's what we've imposed on ourselves.

Would you rather we gambled the future of the club on a shit or bust season and be put under an actual embargo if we fail?

Kasper and Wes will be out of contract and leave for a start, no doubt followed by the best of the rest. What chance do you think we'll have then?

it's a fine and a cap on the sky money if you get promoted. you can't profit from spending for promotion by more than about 10 million, you don't get the other 80 or so ...

I think it's just a fine, first I have heard of any cap.

"Clubs promoted to the PL will have to pay a 'Fair Play Tax' on the excess by which they failed to fulfil the Fair Play requirement ranging from 1% on the first £100,000 to 100% on anything over £10m. See below for a comprehensive fining table.

"

Guest MattP

Sven 'He's as good as Beckham' Goran Erikkson

lol lol

Brilliant, I actually forgot that classic Sven quote!

I suppose at least we arnt gambling everything on going up this season, like teams such as Watford and Forest seem to be. If either of those dont go up this season they are in serious ****.

Seems there are quite a few teams spending like that, yet there remains only 3 teams that can get promoted.. And I'd wager at least one of those spots will be filled by a team that isn't going all-or-bust (hopefully us). In other words, there's gonna be at least one or two clubs who are up sh*t creek this time next year..

I think it's just a fine, first I have heard of any cap.

"Clubs promoted to the PL will have to pay a 'Fair Play Tax' on the excess by which they failed to fulfil the Fair Play requirement ranging from 1% on the first £100,000 to 100% on anything over £10m. See below for a comprehensive fining table.

"

err exactly what i said above. 100% above 10 million means a cap at that level doesn't it? the most you can gain from promotion is 10 million (if you break the FFP rules) in other words, regardless of how much the sky money is in reality.

Archived