Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson told to offload FOUR high-earning stars in wage bill trim

The Foxes boss has been asked to cut back because of Financial Fair Play rules having started with Jermaine Beckford

Charlton-Athletic-v-Leicester-City--npow

Bolton bound: Jermaine Beckford is just one of many who will leave Leicester

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has been told to shift four more big earners as well as Jermaine Beckford.

Striker Beckford was offloaded earlier this month to Championship rivals Bolton to get rid of his wages.

But many of City’s other stars are also on big money which the club are trying to trim due to Financial Fair Play rules.

As a result this summer the Foxes have only signed Zoumana Bakayogo from League One Tranmere on a Bosman.

More sales are a priority and potential replacements are only being offered £6,000-£7,000-a-week instead of £15,000 previously.

Among those who may also go are Neil Danns, Sean St. Ledger and Paul Gallagher but no-one is willing to match their Leicester wages.

Mirror

Difficult decision, but it is expected with this new law.

Gallagher

Danns

St. Ledger

I think these lot are on 'quite a bit', and if they continue to muck about/not play regularly, then these are the other players Pearson should try to sell. Can't think of another who is on a strong wage who doesn't play much.

Who the fvck pays a Championship player up to £15k a week??

Leicester City FC.

Time to cut those costs. It's not sustainable and there's little incentive for players to play at their best levels with such outrageous wages.

Football should be about winning again, and not about earning.

Wellens has already gone, these 3 didn't feature much last season so no real loss to us, I think SSL might find a suitor but Gally and Danns' contracts may have to be terminated, if the article is fact of course.

This was likely to happen, and it's been mentioned before.

I'll be happy if those three leave, even St Ledger. 

I don't think we can even afford to give Danns another chance, even if he is starting these friendly matches. Think Gallagher will be easy to shift soon, someone will pick him up I think.

Bet the tabloids hate this FFP as much as us as they can't fill there pages with any transfer news and resort to just churning new like this out

I think we are the standard for all other football clubs in the football league, or especially the Championship, this is a mess. I imagine if Queens Park Rangers don't go up this year, they will be in the same situation as well. Some of our players are seriously overpaid considering their quality, and it's horrible.

Obviously we already knew this, but the fact that it's nothing Pearson did and now it's having an influence on him must be frustrating. 

I wouldn't be suprised to see Konchesky leave. A player we signed from a top flight club, he must be on about 20k a week at the very least. Need to get rid of Gallagher as well, maybe Danns? Those two won't be on the same as the likes of Konchesky and what Beckford was, but every little helps I guess.

Konchesky will be on a right wedge, i'd be happy for him to go if someone like QPR came in for him. Not too bothered if he stays though as he is still more than good enough. I can see someone like Nugent, Kasper or Morgan having to be sold if we cannot shift Danns, Gallagher, Waghorn and SSL.

At least we are trying to tackle this though instead of ignoring it like some clubs are, to quote Pearson " it is what it is "

I don't believe it is necessarily '4 players we HAVE to offload'. It's more like we can't really sign players until we offload some high earners. Who those high earners are is up to Pearson. He's not under pressure to sell key players

I don't believe it is necessarily '4 players we HAVE to offload'. It's more like we can't really sign players until we offload some high earners. Who those high earners are is up to Pearson. He's not under pressure to sell key players

I've heard murmurs that Danns could actually be involved again this season? In a 3 man central midfield that might actually work but it's one area we've plenty of options.

Archived