Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson told to offload FOUR high-earning stars in wage bill trim

well forest bolton and co seem to be sticking 2 fingers up at FFP, we seem to be the only club making cutbacks but we were not the only club spending too much.

The publicised losses were for the last sven season.  I expect they were nowhere near as bad last season.

After offloading Wellens surely we can bring in another player I would of thought?

With regards to Gallagher, Danns and St Ledger I would only keep St Ledger we have enough options in midfield but not defensively.

well forest bolton and co seem to be sticking 2 fingers up at FFP, we seem to be the only club making cutbacks but we were not the only club spending too much.

The publicised losses were for the last sven season. I expect they were nowhere near as bad last season.

From the partial figures we got when we bought the ground we'd nearly halved the wage bill.

The Foxes boss has been asked to cut back because of Financial Fair Play rules having started with Jermaine Beckford

Charlton-Athletic-v-Leicester-City--npow

Bolton bound: Jermaine Beckford is just one of many who will leave Leicester

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has been told to shift four more big earners as well as Jermaine Beckford.

Striker Beckford was offloaded earlier this month to Championship rivals Bolton to get rid of his wages.

But many of City’s other stars are also on big money which the club are trying to trim due to Financial Fair Play rules.

As a result this summer the Foxes have only signed Zoumana Bakayogo from League One Tranmere on a Bosman.

More sales are a priority and potential replacements are only being offered £6,000-£7,000-a-week instead of £15,000 previously.

Among those who may also go are Neil Danns, Sean St. Ledger and Paul Gallagher but no-one is willing to match their Leicester wages.

Mirror

The players need to realise that they need to take a pay cut in order to give their employers the best chance of success. 

Clubs of a similar stature/size/ambition cannot afford to buy some of our big earners.  I am sure if some of our big earners were on realistic wages in a 'corrected' market several clubs would be queuing up for our high earners.  Bigger clubs with a larger operating budget clearly think they are not good enough for them else they would have pounced.  The players need to realise salary cuts is part of the 'correction' in over inflated wages. 

Its not the players fault they were signed on big money and they do not have to feel oblighed to do anything about it but they must realise they are the few within the squad who are earning beyond their tallent in a 'correcting' market. 

In other news,

bears shit in the woods, the Pope believes in god and some posh bird with a fit sister just dropped a sprog!

:)  gotta love the same old threads getting a good old rerun  but a change from from 7

I would imagine there are others on larger salaries... Nugent... Morgan...Vardy maybe? Knockeart?

Point being most on here want rid, but only want rid of players they consider surplus, so why would anyone else who could afford them want them if they are of no use? 

And why should the players move somewhere on less money? Would you with a mortgage and family?

Just to add also you don't get thrown into a vortex sending you directly to the pit of hell if you don't comply with

FFP, you just pay a fine.

This is a change in the approach of the owners, not just compliance with a rule.

And lets not forget a lot of the money they have put in has only been loaned to the club, rather than invested.

Just to add also you don't get thrown into a vortex sending you directly to the pit of hell if you don't comply with

This is a change in the approach of the owners, not just compliance with a rule.

And lets not forget a lot of the money they have put in has only been loaned to the club, rather than invested.

The owners have the money as you have just seen with a 800 million rise in just over a year so but due to FFP we have to cut our cloth accordingly because we cannot run the risk of say not getting promotion otherwise we would be screwed at least by us complying with FFP we have some leeway should we remain in this division if we don't get promoted this season to come.

I would imagine there are others on larger salaries... Nugent... Morgan...Vardy maybe? Knockeart?

Point being most on here want rid, but only want rid of players they consider surplus, so why would anyone else who could afford them want them if they are of no use? 

And why should the players move somewhere on less money? Would you with a mortgage and family?

Are you serious? These were signed by Pearson, they won't be on silly wages - that'll be the Sven signings (or new contracts): Nugent, Schmeichel, Danns, Gallagher, Wellens, SSL, Konchesky, etc. 

No-one ever mentions Schlupp in these threads. We have a new left back now, an abundance of strikers and a couple of left wingers. Where is he needed? He's on a Sven contract and we could probably just about sneak a 7-figure fee for him. Makes sense imo.

It's a fine if you break the rules and get promoted, it's a transfer embargo if you stay in this division

Why can't we just release these players, like we did with Wellens?

Because it costs money I would hazard a guess that the money we recieved from Bolton (yes I know that is payed to Everton) but offsetting Beckford's wages whatever accumulative amount that is has been used to pay off Wellens remaining contract.

Thought so, but Gallagher & Futacs especially, I would just release them.

You can't just release them, you have to agree it with them and they will want x% of their contract. Gallagher would be lucky to get 4k anywhere else, he's probably on 3 or 4 times that here, which he would want a large percentage of to move on.

Because it costs money I would hazard a guess that the money we recieved from Bolton (yes I know that is payed to Everton) but offsetting Beckford's wages whatever accumulative amount that is has been used to pay off Wellens remaining contract.

And that would make no sense would it.

You can't just release them, you have to agree it with them and they will want x% of their contract. Gallagher would be lucky to get 4k anywhere else, he's probably on 3 or 4 times that here, which he would want a large percentage of to move on.

And that would make no sense would it.

Beckford's wages off the wage bill has been used to pay off Wellen's contract there is no way we would of been able to pay of Wellens contract without the money we received from Beckford?

Beckford's wages off the wage bill has been used to pay off Wellen's contract there is no way we would of been able to pay of Wellens contract without the money we received from Beckford?

Jesus happy... we have used the wages we'd have been paying Wellens over the next year to pay him off. It has nothing to do with Beckford.

Rather than paying 100% of his wages for the next year, we could pay 80% of it instead. Meaning we save 20% and Wellens can jog on elsewhere and receive money from another club to make up the short fall.

Jesus happy... we have used the wages we'd have been paying Wellens over the next year to pay him off. It has nothing to do with Beckford.

Rather than paying 100% of his wages for the next year, we could pay 80% of it instead. Meaning we save 20% and Wellens can jog on elsewhere and receive money from another club to make up the short fall.

Didn't realize it was that simple cheers for the info.

Didn't realize it was that simple cheers for the info.

It's not simple, because agents and players will want as much as possible and the club will want to pay as little as possible. There will be lots and lots of negotiation and games of chicken going on behind the scenes.

Archived