Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

43 Terraced houses to be built on Filbert St ground.

Unless I'm working on it in which all my leaks will dampen the dust down ;)

Surely you wouldn't piss on the holiest of grounds.

People moan about anything.

If you don't want to hear any noise, don't live near a football ground.

I can only imagine those complaining did not live there 'back in the day'

Thatd have bought new perspective to 'noise'

Sad as it sounds I've always wanted to own a house on filbert st. I may now have the opportunity to own one in filbert st!

Funny isn't it what with the name of the Guernsey developer?

when middlesborough moved grounds, they built houses where the old one was, and theres metal bars in the tarmac marking the goal lines and pitch, be cool if they did the same for filbert street. 

think it was boro'

when middlesborough moved grounds, they built houses where the old one was, and theres metal bars in the tarmac marking the goal lines and pitch, be cool if they did the same for filbert street. 

think it was boro'

Aye, I think they have bronze footballs where each penalty spot once was as well.

The property developer from Guernsey is called “Filbert Ltd”. 

That’s an amazing coincidence isn’t it?

I'd imagine they created this ltd company just for this project, there's probably good financial reasons to do so.

I'd imagine they created this ltd company just for this project, there's probably good financial reasons to do so.

Damn !! 
I thought it was one of those amazing coincidences like when a woman loses her engagement ring in the sea at Skegness and finds it 25 years later in her dinner at fish restaurant in Australia. 

To be fair, the site has looked a mess ever since we moved. But the ugliest of all is that 'Filbert Village' tower of accommodation... funny to think that the local residents opposed re-development of Filbert Street because it would block out their light yet that massive tower was built higher than any stand would have been!

whos eating 25 year old fish?

One fish eats the ring and eaten by another fish which in turn is eaten by another and another , The ring doesn't get digested and travels around and around inside various fish until one day the latest fish is hauled away to become someone's second course. 

Fortunately in this case the fish with the valuable ring inside it was served up to the very lady who lost it 25 years beforehand.

I'm not sure if this is really true :D  

Archived