Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Lack of wingers

Albrighton good enough shout, can't think of many wingers tbh, unless we pay a fee for one, someone like Will Buckley or James Henry.

We need a central midfielder though, if we can do a bit with Marshall's fee, I would bid for Shaun Williams from MK Dons, can play centre back, centre mid, and attacking mid, and was there player of the year last season. If not, then I would look at taking Adnan Januzaj or Tom Carroll on loan.

Now Carroll on loan I would like. Supposed to be a very good player. Looked good for the 21s as well

Although his form had gone I got a feeling we'll regret letting Marshall go. Looked class when he first came. Regardless of his personal issues it was down to the manager to help in sorting it out which for whatever reason never happened. Lets hope there's a replacement in the pipeline

Now Carroll on loan I would like. Supposed to be a very good player. Looked good for the 21s as well

Doubt he will be used at Spurs much, especially if they are getting Lamela as well, they already have Sandro, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Capoue, Paulinho. And were close to signing Willian, so might have another central/attacking midfielder lined up.

Carroll could well be available for loan.

We all love a good winger... but failing that, a crap one would do!

But in all seriousness... we are playing a system where we are not using wingers right now... do we really need more than two?

If Pearson persists with 442 we're heading back to the days of playing the likes of Oakley right midfield.

Surely this is a step backwards?

It's worrying because we've looked more threatening with 442 despite playing other systems. We're in danger of becoming too one-dimensional and other teams will simply suss us out again as we won't be able to rotate players around enough to keep the opposition on their toes.

It's simply wrong to let Marshall go without having someone else lined right up. If nothing is sorted by this time next week, I'll be even more annoyed than I am right now with this situation.

With Marshall now sold, I think it's fair to say we have something of a dearth of wingers at the club. Dyer is an out-and-out winger of course, but beyond that it's all a bit limited. 

Gallagher is no longer rated. Knockaert's best position is elsewhere. It could very easily come back to bite us on the backside.

So we need to look for players who can play out on t'wing, as they say in Yorkshire. Probably.

Jacob Mellis (Barnsley) 22 and signed after a loan spell at Chelsea, he came to the KP a couple of seasons ago and hammered us. Much like a certain Danny Drinkwater. It'd be no surprise if Pearson had his eye on him, especially seeing as he only signed a two year contract in 2012. Could be had cheaper than you might think, and acclimatised well in a Barnsley side that came within a hair's breadth of relegation.

Nick Powell (Manchester United) 19 years old but is already being tipped for big things by the press, as well as the boys who know. He had two very good years at Crewe, whose academy is respected across England, before being signed for £6m by Ferguson at the age of 18. He was recently linked with a loan move to Wigan, but perhaps Pearson's long standing relationship with Manchester United and success with easing their youngsters into first team football as with Cleverley and Keane could give us the edge over Owen Coyle's side.

Any more suggestions ladies and gents?

I think this video sums the above post up

http://youtu.be/9desZZG_VWk

Ohhh more chance of him coming in that case. We can play him lots and help with his return to match fitness.

Or you can stop acting like a dick, Sterlings call up to England was a surprise, he isn't a regular for his club and is a possibility, Ibe might be more realistic but Sterling is hardly impossible

Or you can stop acting like a dick, Sterlings call up to England was a surprise, he isn't a regular for his club and is a possibility, Ibe might be more realistic but Sterling is hardly impossible

Do you not think a prem club would snap him up if he was available for loan? You are living in a dream world if you think we would have any chance in loaning him.

According to that stats site he played 30 odd games for them last year. He's been on the bench and featured once in the two games he hasn't started in this year. I highly doubt he'd be available to someone in this division.

Archived