Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Lack of wingers

A loan deal looks more likely then.

According to the Wolves STH at work, he is one of the very few senior players that they want to keep. He is on minimal wages and expect to bounce straight back with sako being a central figure. Id take him in a heartbeat.

According to the Wolves STH at work, he is one of the very few senior players that they want to keep. He is on minimal wages and expect to bounce straight back with sako being a central figure. Id take him in a heartbeat.

Easier said than done. We would do very well to sign him considering that bigger clubs will be interested to get his signature as well.

Tom Carroll isn't a winger but this Januzaj appears to be highly rated by Yanited.

Is Ryo Miyaichi anywhere near Arsenal's starting eleven? He or Serge Gnabry would excite me (in a footballing sense).

I mentioned that we may need another central/attacking midfielder, that's where I mentioned Carroll. 

Miyaichi and Gnarby don't think so, so could be available. 

Can't think of many wingers though.

I thought that Fulham were close to signing him a while ago.

Don't know mate but according to Skysports he's (Sako) close to joining Forest on a season's loan apparently.

I see Forest have seen how we gambled and how it's ****ed us up massively and thought 'that's what we should be doing.' God, I hope they fail.

Tom Carroll isn't a winger but this Januzaj appears to be highly rated by Yanited.

Is Ryo Miyaichi anywhere near Arsenal's starting eleven? He or Serge Gnabry would excite me (in a footballing sense).

Doubt it, but incredibly quick by all accounts.

The shirt sleeves are too loose

Pearson out

The kop should be moved

The ticket prices are too high

Why cant i drink at the games?

Stringer is a cvnt

Yakubu only scores goals

edit.. oh sorry mis read... "wingers"

Dyer can play down the right as well so if it comes to switching to 4-4-2 we can play Konch at left back, Schlupp down the left and Dyer down the right.

I'd rather see someone come in though, just for that extra option. Gallagher has had enough chances and always ends up disappointing

When Pearson arrived, he stated that 'there were too many square pegs to fit into round holes' - basically criticising the fact we had central midfielders playing in wide positions. He addressed that situation by buying Marshall and Knockeart, but now it appears he wants to play a different formation that doesn't require natural wingers, so I feel he may think he has enough with Dyer and Knockeart in the squad and will try to purchase a midfielder. However, should we go for another wide player, I thought Chris Burke looked quite sharp on the right when he came on for Birmingham. They have no cash and maybe willing to sell for a relatively small fee.

If Pearson persists with 442 we're heading back to the days of playing the likes of Oakley right midfield.

Surely this is a step backwards?

It's worrying because we've looked more threatening with 442 despite playing other systems. We're in danger of becoming too one-dimensional and other teams will simply suss us out again as we won't be able to rotate players around enough to keep the opposition on their toes.

It's simply wrong to let Marshall go without having someone else lined right up. If nothing is sorted by this time next week, I'll be even more annoyed than I am right now with this situation.

If we play 4-4-2 against better teams than Birmingham we will get beaten regularly as we did in the second half of last season. We were lucky to not concede at Derby when our manager reverted to 4-4-2 and gave Derby the control we had been enjoying during the first hour of the match. Similarly we shared the ball with Birmingham, who are a poor side, with 4-4-2, when we had controlled the match with our 4-3-3 system. Yes we won, but that was entirely down to the fact that our strikers converted the fewer chances we had in the second half into goals, instead of wasting innumerable chances in the first half.

To play two wingers, who have no defensive qualities whatsoever is dangerous. If Dyer plays, it should be the wide man in a 4-3-3 set up.

We do not need more wingers.

Vaz Te has put in a transfer request. Of he goes to Leeds ill be annoyed. Wanted us to get Ferguson from Newcastle, perfect for our new system and didn't. I think Vaz Te will walk this league, he did for West Ham last time.

Agreed he'd be a good buy but he's said he wants to play up front and not out wide. That's the reason for the transfer request

Archived