Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Stefan Smiljanic

Played for us last night on the left side of midfield for 45 minutes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on him? I believe he is / was the Hannover 96 forward.

Looked OK for me, if he's free and wont cost a lot in wages might be worth a year's contract.

Looks like his previous contract ran out in July. You could see the technical ability but he looked short on match time, as you'd expect, which I guess is why he went off at half time. I hope they give him at least another run-out before making a decision. Stand out man for me was Alei Sesay. There were alot of good performances though and I just hope we can bring on some of the potential we've got.     

From what I could gather whilst trying not to listen to the fairly biased Liverpool commentators...

Sesay looked very very good, almost Morgan like. Michael Cain looked composed, surely due a call up for the full team? Hopper looked confident, won headers and generally caused some trouble. Zooms looked better, Knocky was useful. 

The problem is Cain has now got another obstacle in his way in Dean Hammond. There's 5 central midfielders ahead of him and Knockaert and Lloyd out wide. I think a loan move to a decent league one/two outfit where he has the chance to properly impress would be invaluable for everyone. He can't be far away from making the step up.

I wasn't impressed by Smiljanic at all to be honest. Knocky's cross wasn't great for that half chance he had - but he made a royal mess of it. Not sure what he was trying to do - bring it down or have a shot, but he ended up looking a bit silly.

Would've taken a very good player to score from that cross, granted, but surely that's what we should be looking for: very good players. It's not like he's 16 either. The man's 22 years old so I guess we saw all the natural ability he possesses. 

Having said that, I'm judging somebody solely based on that 45 minute performance. 

On another note, I thought Hopper took his chance very well and Dodoo and Sesay looked good.

Logan on the other hand... :facepalm:  

Archived