Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

I just wanna say.......

Maybe.

The problem with this League is that after a bit of success, you get 'found out' - it happened to us last year. Flying high, then a team comes and cramps the play, stops you playing football, parks the bus, stifles the creative players with double marking and ruffles feathers with yellow card tackles...... then the others watch how they do it and teams only ever come play you for a point. Next thing you know, your away form is shocking, you are trying new formations and realising you haven't got the players for hoof-ball and your manager is put in the stocks with a sign above him that reads "No Plan 'B'" scrawled on the back of his P45 and nobody knows where the next goal is coming from and the dressing room is like a blameful wake.

My point is, I suppose that if any of the top eight teams played week in and out to their 'full potential' they'd walk the league but it doesn't seem to happen like that.

Let's see where we are in January because I'm concerned about quality in depth in the midfield and it may well depend on what injuries are picked up.

It's great to be top (until QPR smash Brighton later) but let's not get too carried away!

I agree the league is very unpredictable, because it is so quick, physical and to a degree the referees are so poor.

IF we played to our full potential I don't think the other teams at the top of this league could live with us regardless of how they play, yes I think we can be that good.

QPR may have some Premier League rejects but we have more of a team now, and a squad where there is more unity. These players have been through it together so have a common desire to right the wrongs.

And when you add that to some lessons learnt from last season (Vardy, adding experience etc) we have all the ingredients this term to achieve our goal.

Doing well so far but an awful long way to go NP appears to be a bit more street wise and flexible in approach to games is willing to mix it up even if we won a game, however he will only convince me if he gets us automatic promotion and with the squad we have we certainly are capable of doing it, compared to other teams we have squad depth but most importantly quality in that depth in almost every position now barring the wingers, as long as we average 2 points a game all season we will get automatic promotion :thumbup:

If we play our best no one in this league can live with us home or away?

What exactly are we basing that on? A couple of decent home performances  :huh:

Certainly at home, at our best, few in this league could live with us.

Away is a different matter.

I mean the silly formations that were clearly not in our best interests.

Were you at those games? Because if you were you'd know there were glaring deficiencies in our performances.

Yes I was at those games and I thout we looked pretty solid with that extra midfielder in there granted it didnt quite work against Leeds at home but generally I think we need that extra midfield in there away from home

I felt we played better football last season.

Knowing that we haven't been the best team and still winning witch gives me more confidence in the team!

i'm sorry but the last two games we've played some great one touch possession football i've not seen before in years down the city ! the first half hour last night was so one sided with possession and quality, last season comes nowhere near in comparison in any game played . you drunk ? 

i'm sorry but the last two games we've played some great one touch possession football i've not seen before in years down the city ! the first half hour last night was so one sided with possession and quality, last season comes nowhere near in comparison in any game played . you drunk ? 

The first half hour at home to Derby last season was brutal, 6-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

A lot of fans can not appciate the type of football played in the last two games and forget some of the directionless play last season. Ruining about a lot and leaping in front of the ball is not what football is about

I pretty much agree Col .... 

The thing that fills me with more optimism than anything is the fact that we still seem to be looking to strengthen despite being in good shape .... not doing so last season was a big mistake.

We also seem to have more formations and a wider variety of personnel to change things when plan A doesn't work.

We've also reverted to a nicer plan A - good football.

What's not to like!?

I pretty much agree Col .... 

The thing that fills me with more optimism than anything is the fact that we still seem to be looking to strengthen despite being in good shape .... not doing so last season was a big mistake.

We also seem to have more formations and a wider variety of personnel to change things when plan A doesn't work.

We've also reverted to a nicer plan A - good football.

What's not to like!?

It's early Waller but I agree with you and Col, I'm an optimist with the reality check of following City for many years :P what's not to like though is a fair point :thumbup:

Archived