Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 14 Official Thread

I've tried to get into this game but, cannot mainly due to it being a worse version of FIFA 13 on the current gen systems. Used to spend hours of enjoyment on FIFA 10,11,12 and 13 as they are all great games. But, the 360/PS3 version is garbage after I played the demo. Was not going to buy it but, my Mother gave it to me as a Christmas gift. I haven't played it much. Going to go back to FIFA 13 as it's the best ever FIFA imo. The last football game I'll probably buy for the 360 will be the WC 2014 game and PES 6 which is available for less then a pound. Will only get FIFA 15, if the PC version supports the ignite engine or EA put 100 % effort into the 7th gen version of FIFA 15 like they did with 14 on the PS4 and XB1. Or I'll get FIFA again when I get a next gen console.

• 2 weeks later...

EA have ****ed up tonight, they've given some people free packs and not others, then decided to take away the packs and players altogether!

I thought this was the case, i didn't get any packs, but most of my mates did. One of my mates got Reus and then had him taken away! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Was bit bored this summer so I decided to set up an unique challenge. I started a new Premiership season in custom tournament and in every match, I played 45 minutes with home side before switching over to the away team for the second half. It was very interesting when I last did it with PES (Can't remember which version) and Aston Villa actually won the league with Carew being the top scorer! 

Worth a go if you guys ran out of stuff to do on FIFA.

Was bit bored this summer so I decided to set up an unique challenge. I started a new Premiership season in custom tournament and in every match, I played 45 minutes with home side before switching over to the away team for the second half. It was very interesting when I last did it with PES (Can't remember which version) and Aston Villa actually won the league with Carew being the top scorer!

Worth a go if you guys ran out of stuff to do on FIFA.

lol that must have took forever!

So do you do every single fixture?

Yeah  lol

I usually play four fixtures in one hour. I play one hour every day on average so it takes me three days to complete one matchday. It is not a drag though for me as I set formations for each teams to be uber attacking so it is entertaining to play as Arsenal with every midfielder being attacking type rather than in real life where Arsenal would usually play Flamini or Diaby to add extra protection in the midfield thus sacrifiing one of more attack-minded midfielder.  

Yeah lol

I usually play four fixtures in one hour. I play one hour every day on average so it takes me three days to complete one matchday. It is not a drag though for me as I set formations for each teams to be uber attacking so it is entertaining to play as Arsenal with every midfielder being attacking type rather than in real life where Arsenal would usually play Flamini or Diaby to add extra protection in the midfield thus sacrifiing one of more attack-minded midfielder.

Might give it a go lol

Might give it a go lol

if you do then let me know whether you like it. To ensure high scoring matches, I play as away side first because computer usually set them to defensive thus frustrating me as the home team in first half. I then set the away team to ultra attacking then attack away to my heart content.

The home team usually start off attacking as default so it normally make for exciting matches. Man Utd is still rubbish on my save. Three games in and they still haven't won lol

if you do then let me know whether you like it. To ensure high scoring matches, I play as away side first because computer usually set them to defensive thus frustrating me as the home team in first half. I then set the away team to ultra attacking then attack away to my heart content.

The home team usually start off attacking as default so it normally make for exciting matches. Man Utd is still rubbish on my save. Three games in and they still haven't won lol

Started this last night mate. Started really hard and I couldn't score for shit, realised it had somehow gone on legendary difficulty lol

Think I'll enjoy this because I'm getting really frustrated with ultimate team! To the poimt where my controller is barely alive lol

I'll keep u posted if u like?

Started this last night mate. Started really hard and I couldn't score for shit, realised it had somehow gone on legendary difficulty lol

Think I'll enjoy this because I'm getting really frustrated with ultimate team! To the poimt where my controller is barely alive lol

Yeah- it would be good to compare results, ranking and top scorers etc. I'll post an update once I finished matchday four- it has been an odd matchday so far all results bar two finished in a 1-1 draw haha.

It is slow at start because you got to change every team XI- I left tactics alone because it gave each team their natural identity but I changed players. 

Finished Matchday 4- It is a four way tie at the top with all teams on eight points (2 W 2D 0L) They are Man City,Arsenal,West Brom and Cardiff. Man Utd are in relegation zone along with Saints and Norwich! Stoke is the only team that drew all of their opening four games.

Eto,PodoloskiToure and Bent are leading scorers on three goals. Santi Cazalora are the assist leader on four (his corners is quality!)

I enjoy playing as Liverpool,Arsenal,Man City,Norwich and Cardiff. I found playing as Sunderland and Aston Villa dull.

I probably will post other update when I finished Matchday 8.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ashley, will the squads continue to be updated as they used to during the season, as transfers happen or do we has to wait until FIFA 15?!

Last year they were updated to a certain point should imagine the same will happen this year.

• 3 weeks later...

My fifa 14 (PS4) has messed up, I only have access to the World Cup sides, and when I play with them I they all have the same default players. I can't even start a new career mode because I only have the World Cup teams available. I've deleted the whole file on my console and reinstalled, but it's still the same..

Any suggestions?

Archived