Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
65RosesFox

Kasper to play against Malta

'Played Kasper.

There's a blast from the past. Where's he kicking about now?

Real shame he never settled anywhere, really, he was the bollocks.

Greece or turkey  i think

edit just saw this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338851/Marton-Fulop-break-having-tumour-removed.html

I see a positive thread about our best keeper in years has been hijacked by a group of 'fans' putting the boot into the lad.

Some people just cant see a good thing even when it's slapping them around the face with a huge wet haddock.

I can't say I've ever fully understood the adulation for Kasper, unless it's a case of people repeating something so often that they actually start to believe it's true.

He's a competent keeper at this level - manifested by his slightly fortuitous place in the team of the season last year - although he tends to have a strong defence in front of him and rarely has much to do. His command of the area is poor and his distribution, though at times magnificent, is more often than not woeful. He was moved on from Leeds because, in spite of him looking the part, the manager identified that he should have been saving more efforts than he was.

I don't buy the idea that a lack of interest from the Premier League means that a player isn't good enough to play there, but in Kasper's case it's probably about right. I always get behind him - after all, with the possible exception of Fulop he's the goalkeeper who's done the best for us since Walker - but I suspect years of the likes of Douglas, Henderson, Ricardo, Logan, Ikeme, Kirkland and Pressman have made steady mediocrity look a lot better than it really is.

Rarely has anything to do? Even when we're at our best we leave ourselves wide open and Kasper makes several key saves a game. His kicking has become appalling at times though and that's a big concern for me, until that improves he can't be classed as proper PL quality. He's one of the best at this level though for sure.

He's been the best signing from the Sven era, and the best keeper we've had since Walker. I'd even say he will go on to be a better keeper than Walker. Made a few mistakes that have cost us recently, but there's no way in the world i'd swap him for any other keeper in this league.

I can't say I've ever fully understood the adulation for Kasper, unless it's a case of people repeating something so often that they actually start to believe it's true.

He's a competent keeper at this level - manifested by his slightly fortuitous place in the team of the season last year - although he tends to have a strong defence in front of him and rarely has much to do. His command of the area is poor and his distribution, though at times magnificent, is more often than not woeful. He was moved on from Leeds because, in spite of him looking the part, the manager identified that he should have been saving more efforts than he was.

I don't buy the idea that a lack of interest from the Premier League means that a player isn't good enough to play there, but in Kasper's case it's probably about right. I always get behind him - after all, with the possible exception of Fulop he's the goalkeeper who's done the best for us since Walker - but I suspect years of the likes of Douglas, Henderson, Ricardo, Logan, Ikeme, Kirkland and Pressman have made steady mediocrity look a lot better than it really is.

. Top post this, Kasper has cost us at leat four points this season aka Blackpool and Doncaster that could be the difference between play offs and automatics this season. Not nearly as good as Shilton, Banks, Flowers, Walker, Wallington or even Poole.

Can someone explain why his kicking is shit?

I never get this criticism of kasper ? For me he kicks very well and has good distance! Just cos we never win the flick on that ain't his fault ! He would be a god at somewhere like Stoke. Tell you what we won't find a better keeper in the championship and will be a sory day when he leaves

You do not get out much. Many times his kicks just go straight out of play even Peter Crouch would not be able to flick them on. A good shot stopper at this level agreed but never a top keeper that's why he does not play in the premiership.

Would you rather we have ikeme, nielson, Ricardo, Logan, Henderson or Douglas in goal ?

old Nigel would say delusions of grandeur. Hes the best keeper we've have in a long time!

Kevin Pressman was the best ever city goalkeeper! Filled the goal!

Can Denmark qualify still?

Yep. Although they need to come 2nd and somehow hope that another 2nd placed team finishes with a lower points total than them otherwise they're done for.

Can Denmark qualify still?

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/90693-kasper-to-play-against-malta/?p=2745387

Odd timing! lol

In the long run it's well deserved though.

Why is it odd? Basically a low-risk international and a way to reward Kasper and Jesper Hansen for their good work in training. On top of this, it gives the management another chance to look at Kasper with a view of replacing Andersen who does not get regular football at Real Betis.

Archived