Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
65RosesFox

Kasper to play against Malta

I can't say I've ever fully understood the adulation for Kasper, unless it's a case of people repeating something so often that they actually start to believe it's true.

He's a competent keeper at this level - manifested by his slightly fortuitous place in the team of the season last year - although he tends to have a strong defence in front of him and rarely has much to do. His command of the area is poor and his distribution, though at times magnificent, is more often than not woeful. He was moved on from Leeds because, in spite of him looking the part, the manager identified that he should have been saving more efforts than he was.

I don't buy the idea that a lack of interest from the Premier League means that a player isn't good enough to play there, but in Kasper's case it's probably about right. I always get behind him - after all, with the possible exception of Fulop he's the goalkeeper who's done the best for us since Walker - but I suspect years of the likes of Douglas, Henderson, Ricardo, Logan, Ikeme, Kirkland and Pressman have made steady mediocrity look a lot better than it really is.

Good keeper, shit at kicking. It always veers off to his right like a golfers slice.

You'd expect a clean sheet though. There's more fire power in a pea shooter than Malta's front line.

He seems to do a deliberate fade on his kicks. Not sure if he just finds it easier or something? I find that we often find them go too wide though. Given the team we have I think we should try to build from the back more often. There are times when a hoof is required, I'm just not sure we utilise the short goal kick enough.

Great shot stopper unable to command his area, which means he's limited. He has a cult like status here and I wonder if that is due slightly to his dad and the ability he had and the hope that junior can emulate him. I don't think he will, and whilst I like him I don't think he would be as big a miss as some of our top players if he were to move on.

Great shot stopper unable to command his area, which means he's limited. He has a cult like status here and I wonder if that is due slightly to his dad and the ability he had and the hope that junior can emulate him. I don't think he will, and whilst I like him I don't think he would be as big a miss as some of our top players if he were to move on.

I doubt it, Peter has no connection to us at all. Kasper is liked because he obviously gives his all for the club whilst he's here and has put in some match-winning displays. He isn't faultless but he's absolutely fine generally. Kicking could be more consistent yet has also set us on some counter attacks.

Let us not forget that for all his exceptional qualities Schmeichel senior was prone to some horrendous errors.

He's the best keeper we've had in the second tier.  I think that would make him hard to replace.

Best goalkeeper we've had since Walker (Fulop was a very good loan signing though), and probably couldn't get any better at this level but I'm never one for 'could easily play in the Premier League'.

Good luck to him though, always nice to see a Leicester City player representing their country.

Oh bore off with the negativity.

Kasper is the best keeper we've had here for years.

One mistake doesn't change that, well done Kasper, you deserve this chance!

Well said but no point bothering on here.

If we signed messi at his best some muppet would come on here and say he was crap.

Worry factor is, if he's going to be involved in the world cup it means alot more clubs will become aware of him! I'm sad to say i think he'll be leaving January  :(

So you don't figure that Denmark having virtually not a hope in hell of getting to the playoffs (Netherlands have to trounce Turkey, Romania have to lose at home to Estonia and worst of all, Andorra can not lose, all while Bulgaria have to drop points at home against the Czechs) had any bearing on Kasper getting the nod vs Malta? Even if lightning were to strike several times in one evening, Kasper would still only be second choice for the World Cup.

Still not Danish enough. Unless he comes out of the tunnel, riding a Great Dane, on a saddle made from Lego, wearing a shirt made from Danish bacon and drinking a bottle of Carlsberg, he just isn't Danish enough to be playing for Denmark.

Mmmmmm ...Bacon!... I mean... Båcøn!

Kasper is an excellent keeper.

Great shot stopper.

Very good distribution.

Alright at crosses but this is his weakest area ..... and unfortunately I've never seen a LCFC keeper get better in this area whilst here.

Well deserved call up and I wish him well!!

Can someone explain why his kicking is shit?

I never get this criticism of kasper ? For me he kicks very well and has good distance! Just cos we never win the flick on that ain't his fault ! He would be a god at somewhere like Stoke. Tell you what we won't find a better keeper in the championship and will be a sory day when he leaves

Archived