Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Standers in N block ejected, Banned and cancelled season tickets

Agreed.

You're an idiot.

Why?

People at football grounds often like to stand, to ignore and dismiss this salient fact is idiocy.

The Safe Standing campaign is gathering pace and earning plenty of positive press coverage, to tell people to 'sit down or bog off' in light of all this is the mark of a moron.

People at football grounds often like to stand, to ignore and dismiss this salient fact is idiocy.

The Safe Standing campaign is gathering pace and earning plenty of positive press coverage, to tell people to 'sit down or bog off' in light of all this is the mark of a moron.

Nope, if you want to stand go to the appropriate section of te ground that allows for this instead of trying to infiltrate the family stand.

But but but.....people keep telling me I'm just a conspiracy theorist and living in a land of make believe when I say the club is actively trying to kill the atmosphere.

Sad how people sweep it under the carpet and pretend it doesn't happen. It's been going on for years.

people do what they do, I do what I do...I have principles... shockingly enough, LCFC need me more than I need them.. 

Got nothing against you for saying that at all and fair play.

THE LAW ON STANDING IN ALL-SEATED GROUNDS

• Ever since the introduction of all-seater stadia, many supporters have continued to stand in front of their seats, often for the duration of the game.
  • It is widely believed that this practice is illegal. This is not the case, even within Premier League and Championship grounds. The law only provides that these clubs should provide seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them.
  • The point is confirmed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport: â€˜At no point has it been argued that the individual spectator commits a criminal offence by standing in a seated area’ (Source: Letter to Football Supporters’ Federation, 2008)
  • Standing in seated areas, is, however, contrary to ground regulations. For example, the Football League’s model set of ground regulations states: â€˜Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground’.
  • It is notable that the two rules are contradictory, the first bars all ‘standing’, the second only ‘persistent standing’. In practice, standing to go to the toilet or snack bar and standing at ‘moments of excitement’ is permitted. The boundary between ‘moments of excitement’ and ‘persistent’ is rather grey and open to very wide interpretation.

CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW

• There are two types of law, criminal law and civil law.
  • Criminal laws are offences against the state (‘illegal acts’), such as smoking in enclosed public places. Police may become involved with enforcing criminal laws.
  • Civil laws are contracts between two parties, such as agreements to purchase home insurance.
  • The ground regulations of a club (including the ban on persistent standing) form a contract between the supporter and the club. Entering the stadium is a tacit agreement to accept the ground regulations.
  • By standing, the supporter is in breach of that contract. This is a civil, not a criminal matter.
  • Therefore, a supporter cannot be arrested simply for standing. For that reason, it is not a matter that the police should be involved in, unless (for example) a supporter assaults a steward asking to get people to sit down; that would be a criminal offence.

To be fair to the club if they are already turning a blind eye to standing in some areas then they are already risking getting themselves into trouble. Obviously they can't communicate it officially but the message seems to be that if you want to stand go those blocks where a blind eye is turned.

So I'd say ejecting persistent standers from the family stand is fair. I imagine this has been going on for a while with probably the same fans involved so now they've had to cancel the season tickets.

If you don't like the rules take it up with the HSE or whoever sets them. You can hardly blame the club for not breaking the law.

To be fair to the club if they are already turning a blind eye to standing in some areas then they are already risking getting themselves into trouble. Obviously they can't communicate it officially but the message seems to be that if you want to stand go those blocks where a blind eye is turned.

So I'd say ejecting persistent standers from the family stand is fair. I imagine this has been going on for a while with probably the same fans involved so now they've had to cancel the season tickets.

If you don't like the rules take it up with the HSE or whoever sets them. You can hardly blame the club for not breaking the law.

It's not even a criminal offence.

I would understand if people wanted to sit down behind us and we were blocking views. We're not. We all wanted to stand and so what if its called "the family stand" swearing and banter with the other team is apart of Football, if you don't like that then you should bog off. Anyway I think about 75? fans standing in N block isn't gonna do much different when they locate the family stand next to the away fans and near L block. Just doing this to a few of us as well and not all of us is more awful.

I would understand if people wanted to sit down behind us and we were blocking views. We're not. We all wanted to stand and so what if its called "the family stand" swearing and banter with the other team is apart of Football, if you don't like that then you should bog off. Anyway I think about 75? fans standing in N block isn't gonna do much different when they locate the family stand next to the away fans and near L block. Just doing this to a few of us as well and not all of us is more awful.

You are an idiot. Personally I want to stand at football, have banter and let out the odd swear word. BUT you don't see me and the people I watch football with going into the 1 part of the ground that is specifically aimed for families to bring young children from the ages of 3+ to enjoy the football without them being exposed to swearing etc.

You are an idiot. Personally I want to stand at football, have banter and let out the odd swear word. BUT you don't see me and the people I watch football with going into the 1 part of the ground that is specifically aimed for families to bring young children from the ages of 3+ to enjoy the football without them being exposed to swearing etc.

Bang on.

L1 was full when you go to renew at the start of the season. The only seats you can get are near the bottom which is seating. Which is why people went to N block because it was standing, near the away fans and can join in with L and K blocks. 

Also they never bothered us at all last season which is why people renewed because they thought it WAS a standing area. 

There is. It's called L1.

Exactly, what a whinging world we live in. You were in the wrong by standing in the family stand. Deal with the consequences of your actions and stop moaning about it. If you want to stand go to L1, its so simple its ridiculous!

That isn't specifically labelled as standing zone though. It's widely accepted that people stand there though, in the same way it's accepted that people are going to stand in N block.

Yeah but it isn't accepted that you are going to stand in N block. In L1 you have at least 200 people in there standing and it's been like that since day 1. Then last season a small group decided they would start standing in N block and now the club have noticed it's starting to grow and plan to snuff it out. It's called the family stand, you know exactly what is going to happen. They don't want you standing in there and they will not let you stand in there and more people are gonna get banned and have their season tickets cancelled and you are stupid or ignorant if you think anything else. 

L1 was full when you go to renew at the start of the season. The only seats you can get are near the bottom which is seating. Which is why people went to N block because it was standing, near the away fans and can join in with L and K blocks. 

Also they never bothered us at all last season which is why people renewed because they thought it WAS a standing area.

Just go a bit further back to the top of l then

Exactly, what a whinging world we live in. You were in the wrong by standing in the family stand. Deal with the consequences of your actions and stop moaning about it. If you want to stand go to L1, its so simple its ridiculous!

its full, its not hard to understand 

You're never fair when it comes to the club you just blindly support whatever they do.

The Club are well within a legal right to let as many fans stand as they want. Persistant standing is not illegal, it's only against their rules that they have set themselves.

Standing either side of the away fans should never be discouraged let alone stopped. It's their own bloody fault, if they didn't want people standing in the family stand then they should have made the South or West Stands the family enclosure.

Archived