Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Standers in N block ejected, Banned and cancelled season tickets

This is my point exactly. Fair enough some of you on here think it's acceptable to mouth off in front of kids but the majority of people do not. People saying "there is swearing in other parts of the ground, kids can hear them" clearly haven't been around children. They are really only impressionable if they are directly exposed to something, and someone shouting "referee you ****ing ****, your an absolute joke you ****" a row away from them, is completely different to someone 2 blocks away doing it.

Yes the club shouldn't have put the family stand where it is but it isn't going to change and 5waller5 is bang on about leaving the family stand for families.

It's got nothing to do with being 2 blocks away. I'm talking about people in the West Stand swearing, in the same block as where children are. It happens all around the ground.

And if you have seen the footage you will notice that every single person in the stadium is stood up when the record was broken.

It's not a matter of opinion as regards people being louder when stood up, it's an absolute fact.

Yes I saw the clip, they all stood up, shouted, waved banners and jumped around when they broke the record.

This is my point exactly. Fair enough some of you on here think it's acceptable to mouth off in front of kids but the majority of people do not. People saying "there is swearing in other parts of the ground, kids can hear them" clearly haven't been around children. They are really only impressionable if they are directly exposed to something, and someone shouting "referee you ****ing ****, your an absolute joke you ****" a row away from them, is completely different to someone 2 blocks away doing it.

Yes the club shouldn't have put the family stand where it is but it isn't going to change and 5waller5 is bang on about leaving the family stand for families.

Yet if an away end sings a song with swearing in it it's alright?

Swearing is like racism. You'll never 100% eradicate it no matter what.

It's got nothing to do with being 2 blocks away. I'm talking about people in the West Stand swearing, in the same block as where children are. It happens all around the ground.

Yeah but my point is that parents don't want their kids to hear swearing and be exposed to typical "football behaviour" so they sit in the family stand. Now people are trying to make N block the same as L1 and the club are trying to stamp it out.

Parents and families outside the family stand expect there to be all the typical "football" behaviour but the family stand is there to be just for families and that's it. That's my point, leave the family stand just for families and parents will have no complaints.

Yeah but my point is that parents don't want their kids to hear swearing and be exposed to typical "football behaviour" so they sit in the family stand. Now people are trying to make N block the same as L1 and the club are trying to stamp it out.

Parents and families outside the family stand expect there to be all the typical "football" behaviour but the family stand is there to be just for families and that's it. That's my point, leave the family stand just for families and parents will have no complaints.

But it's next to away fans.

There's absolutely no escaping it. What minimal chance there was of keeping kids away from 'that' side of football, were completely eradicated by the fact the away end is next to the family stand.

I'm not using this as a defence of what I like to see at the football, but they've only themselves to blame here.

I have been going city for 45 years, I have taken all my kids down there. My eldest went in the old Kop with me, they would stand down the front when it was just standing, when it became seating only they stood with me in SK1 (standing on a seat so they could see).

I started off in L block with my lad who was 8 at the time (right at the back). Got sick of the stupid drum though.

So a few of us moved to the back row of the N block.

On big games over the past couple of years an atmosphere has been getting going in N block.

I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the atmosphere in there, in fact a lot of people I know with kids who sit in various parts of the Family stand have commented on how they and their kids are loving the atmosphere in the family stand. I know a lot of people with kids who go in that stand ( I help run my sons Sunday league team), just wondering where Gingerfox gets all his information from, he and a few others appear very opinionated on this matter and yet they do not appear to be in the family stand with their kids (please correct me if I'm wrong). They also talk about rude and abusive language, have they heard this from the fans in the N block. I am in there and I rarely hear it, most of the fans just join in the chants.

My 12 yr old who goes with 4 of his mates loves the atmosphere that occasionally gets going in that stand.

Oh and the 'really helpful' advice of moving over to L or K block!!??!?

Not really feasible for the many that are in the Family stand who want to keep an atmosphere in there.

I will have complaints if I want a cheaper ticket now and again.

Get this idea out of your head that the family stand should be just for families. That's like saying the Kop/L/K should only be for the vocal fans, so kids and families shouldn't sit in there.

It is a designated area for families to get a better deal, it does not mean only people with kids can sit in there. They do not have right of way in that stand, the family stand is just a name just as the Kop is just a name. You cannot blame fans for the horror of a child hearing a swear word (because that really ruins their day doesn't it?) when it's all brought on by the club.

If parents don't want kids exposed to typical 'football behaviour' why would they take them to the football? lol They're to blame as well - they shouldn't go to a football match and then complain that they don't like the traditional football experience.

By the way, their are plenty of empty seats in the West Stand they can sit in. Don't delude yourself, these people don't sit in the family stand to avoid swearing (and if they do they are ignorant) they do it because it's cheap, that's why it's full every week. If they were that bothered about the swearing, away fans singing, home fans singing etc, they'd sit in the West Stand. But like most people they're trying to get the best deal.

Again, it's all down to the club's poor decision making. Fans should not have to suffer because they are incompetent.

I have been going city for 45 years, I have taken all my kids down there. My eldest went in the old Kop with me, they would stand down the front when it was just standing, when it became seating only they stood with me in SK1 (standing on a seat so they could see).

I started off in L block with my lad who was 8 at the time (right at the back). Got sick of the stupid drum though.

So a few of us moved to the back row of the N block.

On big games over the past couple of years an atmosphere has been getting going in N block.

I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the atmosphere in there, in fact a lot of people I know with kids who sit in various parts of the Family stand have commented on how they and their kids are loving the atmosphere in the family stand. I know a lot of people with kids who go in that stand ( I help run my sons Sunday league team), just wondering where Gingerfox gets all his information from, he and a few others appear very opinionated on this matter and yet they do not appear to be in the family stand with their kids (please correct me if I'm wrong). They also talk about rude and abusive language, have they heard this from the fans in the N block. I am in there and I rarely hear it, most of the fans just join in the chants.

My 12 yr old who goes with 4 of his mates loves the atmosphere that occasionally gets going in that stand.

Oh and the 'really helpful' advice of moving over to L or K block!!??!?

Not really feasible for the many that are in the Family stand who want to keep an atmosphere in there.

Its that one steward who comes up. "Can you sit down please" NO! I am four rows from the back and the row in front stand and they are the furthest down it goes. 

Get this idea out of your head that the family stand should be just for families.

It is a designated area for families to get a better deal, it does not mean only people with kids can sit in there. They do not have right of way in that stand, the family stand is just a name just as the Kop is just a name. You cannot blame fans for the horror of a child hearing a swear word (because that really ruins their day doesn't it?) when it's all brought on by the club.

If parents don't want kids exposed to typical 'football behaviour' why would they take them to the football? lol They're to blame as well - they shouldn't go to a football match and then complain that they don't like the traditional football experience.

But like most people they're trying to get the best deal.

The club are trying to stop "typical football behaviour" from the family stand because that is what they want it to be. Why do you think you have to buy a child's ticket with an adult ticket?

They are actively trying to make that stand for just families so you saying forget about the family stand being just a name is wrong. I know from people within the club that they have had complaints and are trying to change things.

As Bert has said previously they want to give an image of "a family friendly club", families spend all the money and they want them to get the experience the majority of families want, which they've found through surveys is not "typical football behaviour.

The club are trying to stop "typical football behaviour" from the family stand because that is what they want it to be. Why do you think you have to buy a child's ticket with an adult ticket?

They are actively trying to make that stand for just families so you saying forget about the family stand being just a name is wrong. I know from people within the club that they have had complaints and are trying to change things.

As Bert has said previously they want to give an image of "a family friendly club", families spend all the money and they want them to get the experience the majority of families want, which they've found through surveys is not "typical football behaviour.

Ok, if they want a stand entirely for families and nowhere near the naughty words why don't they move it to the West Stand, next to the corporate and normal West Stand residents?

I don't particularly want to listen to people effing and blinding with every other word, but the club lost it's stand against swearing when the away supporters were put next to them, or vice versa.

Having sat in the Family Stand at both Filbert St and KP, I can tell you that plenty of swearing and insults occurs from parents who the club targets to bring their families.

is this what you did when you chucked sandwiches onto the pitch?

After waiting 8 months to have a meeting yes, incidentally, I still didn't enjoy myself when I went to the game the following day, and we won. 

I think people just need to learn that football is never going to be what we want it to be, at least I've realised it's not what I wish it was, even on my most basic ideologies. The questions I ask myself before deciding whether to attend a game these days are:

a) Are there going to people there I get along with? 9 times out of 10 this is answered yes.

b) Is it physically possible for me to get there without an overnight stay in some shithole? For, probably half of away games, the answer to this is no.

c) Am I going to enjoy myself? 9 times out of 10 this is no.

C is the main reason I don't go to games anymore, I simply don't enjoy it. There are times when I think I will, Carlisle away for instance, and I'd say I judged it well until someone decided to shout out some EDL chant, kinda put a downer on a good day. Can people honestly say, they still enjoy going to the football, and that they walk out of the ground thinking I've really enjoyed this and got my money's worth, or do people still go because they've got fvck all else to do?

It is worth noting that whenever these cases come up on FT, nobody knows the full details of why the person was taken out of the stadium.

It is extremely rare if anybody is ejected for persistant standing only.

It is usually combined with abusive or threatening behaviour towards others (particularly stewards). This is backed up by CCTV footage gathered over several games and the accounts of those who have been 'abused' ("**** off", "go and pick on the others that are standing you ****", etc).

What's more, the fan in question is usually told that they are being watched, and are warned of the consequences. So by continuing to persistantly stand and be abusive they can have nobody to blame when they do get chucked out and banned.

If you give the club a chance to act on a technicality (like weasel throwing a sandwich bag last season - which is an arrestable offence), then they are going to act on it.

My advice to persistant standers is to move to L/K/SK1 and always abide by what a steward asks and be polite (if you want to stand, just do it a few minutes later - you need to act like you are complying).

And at the end of the day, if you are in the family stand and swearing in earshot of little kids, rightly or wrongly, they are likely to act. Because the standers and the users of bad language are in the wrong section.

Get this idea out of your head that the family stand should be just for families. That's like saying the Kop/L/K should only be for the vocal fans, so kids and families shouldn't sit in there.

By the way, their are plenty of empty seats in the West Stand they can sit in. Don't delude yourself, these people don't sit in the family stand to avoid swearing (and if they do they are ignorant) they do it because it's cheap, that's why it's full every week. If they were that bothered about the swearing, away fans singing, home fans singing etc, they'd sit in the West Stand. But like most people they're trying to get the best deal.

Again, it's all down to the club's poor decision making. Fans should not have to suffer because they are incompetent.

You're clearly not a parent.

When you take your 7 year old son to a game you don't want a big fat goon to stand 3 seats away from you shouting "you fvcking cvnt, 4rsehole cheating b4stard" ..... 

If that was in the KOP then yes, I'd just shrug and remember the typical mentality of some football fans ..... In the family stand I want to be able to share an experience of supporting the club that I've spent many hours at as a man and a boy with my great little boy. Without him looking at me, half scared, half in amazement and asking what the angry man is shouting and why.

The family stand should have a family atmosphere (I'm not bothered if single blokes go in there - just as long as anyone behaving unsuitably is thrown out) and let the swearing etc happen in other parts of the ground. Everyone's happy.

My experience of the family stand is that it's the worst stand in the ground for swearing - probably because the price of the tickets attracts the lowest common denominator.

Should be a campaign to make the Kop standing...

I sit in the kop now and again and I don't want to stand.  I've been sitting there before and two knuckleheads in front of me decided to stand the entire game, no thought for anyone behind them who wanted to sit and watch the game.  Nobody wanted to say anything to them though as they'd clearly had a couple too many, and would have probably relished being confronted about it.

Oh, and on a secondary note, families with children have every right to sit in the designated family area and expect those around them to behave appropriately.  This is the entire point of the family stand.  Not sure what's up for debate?  To say that bad language and aggressive behaviour is acceptable in these areas just because it's a football game is quite frankly embarrassing.

Ok, if they want a stand entirely for families and nowhere near the naughty words why don't they move it to the West Stand, next to the corporate and normal West Stand residents?

I don't particularly want to listen to people effing and blinding with every other word, but the club lost it's stand against swearing when the away supporters were put next to them, or vice versa.

The club shop with access to the family stand was deliberately built. The position of away supporters was determined in consultation with outside help (police etc) the reasoning is pretty clear if you get families next to the away supporters it stops potential volatile situations. Who is gonna aim abuse at young families?

Except for Millwall I can't think of many. Only recently with more people moving to N block to be close to away fans in a similar fashion to L1 have confrontations started. Teams with small followings don't get anywhere near the family stand as they net seats off and they're about to try a joint seating area which is again between the family stand and the away support. People are fighting a losing battle in N block.

It is worth noting that whenever these cases come up on FT, nobody knows the full details of why the person was taken out of the stadium.

It is usually combined with abusive or threatening behaviour towards others (particularly stewards). This is backed up by CCTV footage gathered over several games and the accounts of those who have been 'abused' ("**** off", "go and pick on the others that are standing you ****", etc).

What's more, the fan in question is usually told that they are being watched, and are warned of the consequences. So by continuing to persistantly stand and be abusive they can have nobody to blame when they do get chucked out and banned.

If you give the club a chance to act on a technicality (like weasel throwing a sandwich bag last season - which is an arrestable offence), then they are going to act on it.

My advice to persistant standers is to move to L/K/SK1 and always abide by what a steward asks and be polite (if you want to stand, just do it a few minutes later - you need to act like you are complying).

And at the end of the day, if you are in the family stand and swearing in earshot of little kids, rightly or wrongly, they are likely to act. Because the standers and the users of bad language are in the wrong section.

I'm hating myself saying this, but I agree with the majority of this, swearing at a steward is going to get you nowhere, at the end of the day, they're still human beings, and more than likely fellow City fans. If you feel you have to get into conversation with them, use reasonable arguments and even when they inevitably tell you they're just following orders, accept this and ask for a name e-mail address and/or postal address for the person giving the orders. Ask the steward for his name and identifying number as he'll probably back you up if you manage to enter into decent dialogue with the club.

The only thing I mentioned to the stewards who detained me was: "I'd like to point out I'm not resisting and having my arms behind my back like this is completely unnecessary." Nothing more needed to be said and me calling them every name under the sun wasn't going to help my situation.

Great post, folk on here need to stop playing the victim and take respnsibilty for their actions.

The only thing I mentioned to the stewards who detained me was: "I'd like to point out I'm not resisting and having my arms behind my back like this is completely unnecessary." Nothing more needed to be said and me calling them every name under the sun wasn't going to help my situation.

Fair play.

I wil say the reasoning behind them grabbing you straight away is to take you out of the concourse as quickly as possible and to avoid any conflict with other fans whatsoever, which surely is the responsible thing to do. Not everybody is going to walk straight out when asked to, and will want to argue their case there and then and with the wrong people.

Archived