Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanBlueFox

Prices

I really can't understand in this day and age, how they can descriminate about age. If I went in to buy tickets for me and 3 Asian friends and they said 'your ticket is £20 but your friends will be £30 because they are Asian' all hell would break loose. But they can say 'your ticket will be £25 because your over 18, but your friends will only be £10 because they are younger' that is fine.

Fed up of paying a lot more than someone in the next seat to me, with the same view for the same product. AGEISM!

Not sure how much of your post is tongue in cheek or not! Like it or not though everywhere you have to pay an entrance fee there are concession prices.

what about if the players each donated £5000, across a squad of 20 that's £100,000, use that to subsidise 10,000 tickets by £10, on a pay on the gate first come basis. everyone wins, except the players, who lose, sadly. ah well, they can afford it. we could call it the "players fixture".

I'll bang my drum again!!

The smallest attendances appear to be in three of the corners.

Open those up to 'pay at the turnstile', £20 cash, and you'll get more fellas who were umming and errring about whether to show up or not, no waiting for tickets and in you go.

Easy peasy.

That's gotta be better than having those areas empty and would be simple to implement.

I'd also bring down the price of beer. Get people drinking inside the stadium, rather than outside it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... The marketing at City seems shocking.

Open those up to 'pay at the turnstile', £20 cash, and you'll get more fellas who were umming and errring about whether to show up or not, no waiting for tickets and in you go.

Easy peasy.

That's gotta be better than having those areas empty and would be simple to implement.

I'd also bring down the price of beer. Get people drinking inside the stadium, rather than outside it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... The marketing at City seems shocking.

They'd have to get some better beer before most people start doing that mate!

They'd have to get some better beer before most people start doing that mate!

Ain't that the fookin truth! lol

The point I'm making is a simple one. Most fellas tend to meet up in the various boozers around the ground pre-match, have a couple, then go down to the KP. What the club should do is to try to get this type of atmosphere in the concourses, such that the 'meeting point' actually becomes the ground itself. Better beer, better selection, cheaper prices and how about putting up some bigger screens and showing the best City games of the last couple of decades or so. Essentially, try to get that 'pub atmosphere' within the ground.

The club seem so devoid of any real ideas regarding how to increase attendances it's quite embarrassing. The key is how to get your 50-50's coming back.

The point I'm making is a simple one. Most fellas tend to meet up in the various boozers around the ground pre-match, have a couple, then go down to the KP. What the club should do is to try to get this type of atmosphere in the concourses, such that the 'meeting point' actually becomes the ground itself. Better beer, better selection, cheaper prices and how about putting up some bigger screens and showing the best City games of the last couple of decades or so. Essentially, try to get that 'pub atmosphere' within the ground.

The club seem so devoid of any real ideas regarding how to increase attendances it's quite embarrassing. The key is how to get your 50-50's coming back.

I agree. I know you agree with the quality of the beer point but a case in point is this. A few of my mates think theyre conisseurs of beer. They refuse to drink in certain pubs cos of this and the majority hate the plastic pint glasses theyre served in at the ground- something lcfc cant do anything about admittedly.

Myself, ill drink anything and dont care about the plastic glasses. However even when on an all dayer my stomach can only manage one of those carlsbergs, they're disgusting.

Wouldnt it be better if they served cold cans? That way you know what youre getting, its served much quicker and its cheaper to buy therefore cheaper to sell.

Easy peasy.

no

Myself, ill drink anything and dont care about the plastic glasses. However even when on an all dayer my stomach can only manage one of those carlsbergs, they're disgusting.

I agree with this so much!

On Saturday I ordered 2 beers one for me and one for a mate, and it took the girl ages, and then when she finally got the beer she only had one.  I said hey I ordered two and she was like "ok sorry I will go get the other" she came back about 5 mins later with 2 more, so I obviously didn't say anything and took all 3. However due to how bad the beer is it was an effort to drink the 1.5 pints (split the free one) in the short time left before the game. 

Felt good getting something for free off of the club for once though considering the prices.

How about some subsidy on each ticket sold to fund discounts in future seasons? Such as £1 from every ticket goes into a 2014 subsidy. High turnout = lower prices and perpetuates itself. Might mean a slight markup in the short term though.

I agree with this so much!

On Saturday I ordered 2 beers one for me and one for a mate, and it took the girl ages, and then when she finally got the beer she only had one.  I said hey I ordered two and she was like "ok sorry I will go get the other" she came back about 5 mins later with 2 more, so I obviously didn't say anything and took all 3. However due to how bad the beer is it was an effort to drink the 1.5 pints (split the free one) in the short time left before the game. 

Felt good getting something for free off of the club for once though considering the prices.

Some pubs even now sell cans. Our local does sometimes so i doubt theres a licensing issue with it. May be worth the FFC mentioning mentioning it to the club. As well as all Col's other suggestions.

Very good post this Col. Think the club could be onto something there.

Haven't turned up in a ground earlier than 10 minutes prior to kick off time in years. I'm really not arsed about watching a few training shots lol

Easy peasy.

Shocking is generous. It's a complete embarrassment. Can't advertise anything without banging on about families.

I agree. I know you agree with the quality of the beer point but a case in point is this. A few of my mates think theyre conisseurs of beer. They refuse to drink in certain pubs cos of this and the majority hate the plastic pint glasses theyre served in at the ground- something lcfc cant do anything about admittedly.

Wouldnt it be better if they served cold cans? That way you know what youre getting, its served much quicker and its cheaper to buy therefore cheaper to sell.

Obviously being football fans they're weapons of mass destruction.

My two penneth... I have a family and job so can't consider a season ticket that said I try and aim for half a dozen home and 2 away games per season if you add in the Sky fixtures and the odd dodgy web feed I watch quite a lot of Foxes football.

When I do tend to go it's usually to a fans fixture (£15-£20) or in the just the ticket section (£22) both of which are more than reasonable in my opinion. On a whim yesterday due to circumstance (family out for the day and work free) I fancied going to the Bournmouth game but think close to £30 is a bit steep for a ticket I usually pay £22 for...

I know most will say it's only £8 but put into the context of a) the opponents and b) the additional cash I'd spend when there (programme, pie and a pint) it starts adding up to an expensive 'whim'.

Are the just the ticket seats only that price in advance. ? As we had seats there for Barnsley and a couple of friends without tickets on the day joined us and had to pay 31 quid each which is a scandalous mark up ..Especially as they were sat next to season ticket holders paying about 15 quid. Walk up prices are a joke as has been said before its all about the season ticket holders everyone else will get fleeced.

£18-21 is reasonable.... I paid £33 Saturday for an adult ticket in K block. why the hell should I pay more than another block? We make all the noise and atmosphere and get charged more? Absolute joke.

Have a loss leader or a smaller profit margin on tickets and sell them at around £20 average for the whole stadium, we would easily sell 25,000-28,000+ 

More on derby games, then advertise more on the food, drink, merchandise.

Finding a happy medium is hard, but £33 is scandalous. 

P.s I ripped my LCFC home top, went to buy a new one before the game, almost had to abort mission as I was in a queue for over 30 minutes, packed out it in there. must be taking money. 

Well..

they certainly charged me for my new top £45.00. £33 for the ticket. petrol.

I skipped food. Not strapped for cash but I'm not a fvcking mug!

Archived