Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanBlueFox

Prices

i just want to say how appaling the prices really are for Leicester, if you went to watch Newcastle you can get a adults ticket vs anyteam on the day of the game for £20, at Leicester yesterday it was £21 for a under 18 in the KOP, and people wonder why we get low attendances... i know a lot of Leicester fans and 90% dont go to more than 5 games per season due to money. Now £21 might not be alot for people working full time but with a paperound and ebay i earn around £30 per week. So thats £21 gone straight away + spending money ect.... 

just think that if the club want more fans they should seriously reduce prices, im talking £7 for a under 18 and possibly £15 for a adult, we would probably be hitting 25,000+ per game... thoughts?

Our walk-up prices are an absolute scandal in my opinion, they certainly negatively affect attendances.

I personally think we should consider the reintroduction of Fans' Fixtures we had in the first season at the new stadium, there's certainly no other way of filling the place for the likes of Bournemouth and other smaller clubs in the Championship.

The Platinum fixture list needs to be scrapped as well. It means that we end up with attendances just over the 20,000 mark when Forest and Derby come to town, the 32,000 sell-out for the 3-0 win against Forest seems a lot longer than three years ago.

If u go with ur mates,buy 1 under 22 tik and the rest as under 8's tickets pal,decide the cost between you and il be paying a lot less,don't like ripping club off but feel am being ripped off me self,we've got 3 adults going Fulham game for £13 :-)

i would but we have a steward on a mobility scooter checking our tickets :D

Sadly, but understandably, it's all about gate receipts for the club. You'd need a 40% increase in tickets sold to justify knocking the price down from £21 to £15. Would you get it? Probably not.

I think you'd be surprised.

20,000 to 28,000 represents a 40% increase, and I remember us getting exactly that against Doncaster in the 2010-2011 season when we had an offer in the LM that brought tickets down to the £15 mark.

This is before factoring in extra revenue from the club shop, food and drink sales and the greater likelihood of fans coming back again.

I think you'd be surprised.

20,000 to 28,000 represents a 40% increase, and I remember us getting exactly that against Doncaster in the 2010-2011 season when we had an offer in the LM that brought tickets down to the £15 mark.

This is before factoring in extra revenue from the club shop, food and drink sales and the greater likelihood of fans coming back again.

That's a bit more than 40% as well once you take out season ticket holders. Fans fixtures are a good idea. But prices need to be higher usually for people to see it as a discount. I don't think you'd get that 40% increase consistently if all games were at £15. And I think the extra gains in matchday revenue would be offset by some people giving up their season tickets in favour of buying cheaper tickets for fewer games. Just guesswork from me of course, but I'd have thought the club would have thought it through in plenty of detail and if there was a way of increasing revenue by lowering prices they'd already be doing it.

I tried to bring a point up after the first couple of games of the season that the only value in watching LCFC is in a season ticket so while they were up matchday game by game ticket sales were down.

I got shouted down by the usual crowd as normal, but it is the truth, and I dont blame people for buying cheaper tickets for kids as adults etc as the prices are horrific for what is a working person's sport.

Surely every game is a fans fixture? Who else do they think goes to these games.

If they think £15 is the price for a fans fixture then all fixture should be £15!

One off fans fixtures are illogical.

I tried to bring a point up after the first couple of games of the season that the only value in watching LCFC is in a season ticket so while they were up matchday game by game ticket sales were down.

I got shouted down by the usual crowd as normal, but it is the truth, and I dont blame people for buying cheaper tickets for kids as adults etc as the prices are horrific for what is a working person's sport.

yep, my season ticket works out at £4.50 per game, but when my mate wanted to come against Wigan it was again £21.00

I think prices yesterday in J block on the half way line were around £35. If you want to sit opposite there behind the dug out it was more towards £45. They are scandalous prices for any Championship fixture, never mind Bournemouth at home (no offense meant to Bournemouth there at all, I mean you could possibly see a slight justification with those prices for Forest in the next home game) To put this in perspective I pay £35 a month DD for my ST. Someone attending a game once a month choosing to sit on the halfway line will pay what I pay!

Once again it all boils down to the club not wanting to do a disservice to STHs. I can understand that way of thinking to a point but I'm now at the way of thinking I'd rather feel I don't get a better offer for most games yet have the ground full or as close as full as possible. It makes the games much more enjoyable for all if there's an atmosphere.

What started the #filltheKP thing we had towards the end of last season? Was it a few fans to which the club then latched on to? I remember Kasper tweeting it before one fixture anyway.

It's known by the club that ticket prices are an issue for many fans, but maybe what it would take the club to start lowering them either permantley or more frequently for certain fixtures is a petition mainly from STHs themselves? How many would be willing to do this I don't know. There seems to be too much snobbery with STHs feeling they must have the best deals 100% of the time. I suppose it depends why you became a STH, but it certainly wasn't for the money side in my case.  

That's a bit more than 40% as well once you take out season ticket holders. Fans fixtures are a good idea. But prices need to be higher usually for people to see it as a discount. I don't think you'd get that 40% increase consistently if all games were at £15. And I think the extra gains in matchday revenue would be offset by some people giving up their season tickets in favour of buying cheaper tickets for fewer games. Just guesswork from me of course, but I'd have thought the club would have thought it through in plenty of detail and if there was a way of increasing revenue by lowering prices they'd already be doing it.

Don't get me wrong, I think a start price of £20 for the Kop and North Stand is fine for most games in the Championship and in line with most clubs in this division. A bit cheaper in fact. It's also important, as you say, that ST holders see their purchase as value for money. I'd have been livid last season about the number of Sky games with moved kick-offs, and the club has to work to rebuild that trust now.

I just feel that for some of the smaller clubs we should really reintroduce the Fans' Fixtures. In our first season at the new stadium, we could reasonably expect 27-28,000 for the likes of Gillingham and Rotherham thanks to bargain basement pricing. We could see the same result against Doncaster as little as three years ago.

We've already missed the boat a bit this season. Two prime candidates for Fans' Fixtures in Barnsley and Bournemouth have been played, Doncaster on the last day of the season will see queues at the turnstiles anyway if we're still in second place by that time and Yeovil is on a Tuesday night. 

I see no reason though, why it couldn't be trialled with an LM offer against Millwall, Charlton or Middlesbrough for example. Few if any of those sides will be an attractive draw for the neutral and none have huge away followings to boost the attendance, so a quick '£15 wherever you sit in the ground' deal could be a good one to trial. If it's a success, roll it out next season for some of the lesser games if we don't get promoted. This only need happen a handful of times a season, maybe against five or six sides, you get more fans coming through the turnstiles on games that would normally be dead and possibly persuade them to come back for a bigger game if they aren't going to be bent over on pricing.

That leads me onto my other point that Platinum fixtures definitely need scrapping, a start price of £30 in SK1 for a second tier match against Forest or Derby is just silly. That's the kind of price people would pay to see Manchester United or Chelsea, not two ragtag East Midlands rivals whose best days are behind them.

As a STH I would not be bothered if match day prices were the same or only a couple of quid more, the main reason for me having one is I know I'm going the games and that I'm guarnteed cup/play off tickets,and prority away tickets.

The club could always give STH vouchers for club shop or offer a reduced price for away tickets as an advantage. 

voting with your feet is the only way any business gets the message.

People have started to do exactly that though....

Leeds 22,725

Birmingham 21,229

Wigan 21,810

Blackburn 19,153

Barnsley 21,591

Huddersfield 22,297

Bournemouth 23,357

I was surprised by yesterday's attendance in fairness, but that still leaves us with an average of 21,737. That's below last season's total of over 22,000 with its enormous number of Sky games and the Middlesbrough anomaly bringing the side down, which itself was down nearly 1,000 from the shocking season before that.

With sensible pricing, that average could easily be over 25,000 with a few sell-out games a season boosting the total. That's a 25% rise on current attendances, not to be sniffed at and probably wouldn't take too much paring down in terms of pricing. The obvious candidates for price cuts are West Stand and East Stand tickets, which see swathes of empty seats every week. Kop prices aren't far behind, Family Stand pricing isn't too bad and that's been shown by the increasing crowds in that area.

It must be a cause for concern that as the team has gotten better, attendances have gone down. We're down between 1,500 and 2,000 on the horrendous 2010-2011 season, and I think this team deserves better than that.

I think our season ticket prices are fairly reasonable value for money, but our matchday prices truly are scandalous and it's no wonder our average crowd drops every year despite a team that seems to get better most seasons.

People have started to do exactly that though....

Leeds 22,725

Birmingham 21,229

Wigan 21,810

Blackburn 19,153

Barnsley 21,591

Huddersfield 22,297

Bournemouth 23,357

I was surprised by yesterday's attendance in fairness, but that still leaves us with an average of 21,737. That's below last season's total of over 22,000 with its enormous number of Sky games and the Middlesbrough anomaly bringing the side down, which itself was down nearly 1,000 from the shocking season before that.

With sensible pricing, that average could easily be over 25,000 with a few sell-out games a season boosting the total. That's a 25% rise on current attendances, not to be sniffed at and probably wouldn't take too much paring down in terms of pricing. The obvious candidates for price cuts are West Stand and East Stand tickets, which see swathes of empty seats every week. Kop prices aren't far behind, Family Stand pricing isn't too bad and that's been shown by the increasing crowds in that area.

It must be a cause for concern that as the team has gotten better, attendances have gone down. We're down between 1,500 and 2,000 on the horrendous 2010-2011 season, and I think this team deserves better than that.

To be fair we were fantastic at home in 10/11. Highest home goalscorers in the league and only lost 4.

I really can't understand in this day and age, how they can descriminate about age. If I went in to buy tickets for me and 3 Asian friends and they said 'your ticket is £20 but your friends will be £30 because they are Asian' all hell would break loose. But they can say 'your ticket will be £25 because your over 18, but your friends will only be £10 because they are younger' that is fine.

Fed up of paying a lot more than someone in the next seat to me, with the same view for the same product. AGEISM!

i would but we have a steward on a mobility scooter checking our tickets :D

Get the person wiv the adult tik to pass hiss back to you when he's scanned his ticket,when you scan your kids ticket and if the steward collars you,you show him the adult tik and they'll assume it's a technical problem and let u in,or when ur mate goes in wiv an adult tik get him to distract the steward in question???

Archived