Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

FAO Foxes Trust / Leicester Lass / anyone with a brain for business.

That's not an average ticket though, is it? That's an adult ticket for the east stand for a gold match. I don't know what our average ticket price is so I guessed at £21 which is probably about right. It doesn't make a lot of difference anyway as the point is to show the difference in attendances required to match current revenue at various reductions in ticket price.

exactly, Knowing the exact average would be impossible for "fans" to work out.. unless somebody has the figures of the exact amount of tickets sold for £10, £15, £18, £22, £28 and £33... so an average of £21 is a good shout, We would not sell 31,000 if the prices were £15 a ticket... this will be shown at burnley I think, (Unless we are both still top and 2nd)

we cannot even sell out forest matches...

Regardless of the prices being another £5 or so... Work another hour overtime, don't buy that pint and you're there...

So the fact we cannot sell out against a local rival, says everything really.... How about if our 23,000 fans actually cheer, shout, scream, sing... it will be like having 30,000+ anyway A La fulham.. 

If we were in the prem we would sell out every week no problem.

Would be at least 18-20K season ticket holders and 10k normal match day attendees.

Trust me you would not be able to bowl up to the ground 2pm on a match day and get a ticket.

If we were in the prem we would sell out every week no problem.

Would be at least 18-20K season ticket holders and 10k normal match day attendees.

Trust me you would not be able to bowl up to the ground 2pm on a match day and get a ticket.

I know we averaged a sell out in the premiership when we were last there 2003/2004... What were the average ticket prices then? I was only about 12  :P

You shouldnt have to skank the club off money in order to make game though. That just confirms the normal prices are too high.

Long term reductions should be made and much more widely publicized

I honestly think that those who cheat the club would still do it were the prices dropped to a tenner a game.

I honestly think that those who cheat the club would still do it were the prices dropped to a tenner a game.

You cannot really trust anyone these days can you?

It's mad, they refuse to lower ticket prices, then they get rid of the staff on the turnstiles so 23-28 year olds can walk through paying £25 instead of £33

Leicester logic  :thumbup:

Get the turnstile staff back and put the prices down!

The prices are fine in my opinion. Making the tickets cheaper wouldnt gaurantee a bigger crowd and neither will premier league football. Last time we were in the Prem, the glamour games sold out and the rest were much the same attendance as they are now.

I think the only thing they should re-introduce is the free tickets in the back of the season ticket book and also 2 free cup games for season ticket holders.

Altering the price strategy to accomodate around 7,000 supporters who may or may not turn up on a matchday makes no sense.

They've spent how much?

Are you sure about that?

£1billion,

they wiped the club of £360m debt and have spent £260m alone on strikers! 

I heard £1b, It was £930m out of the owners pocket in may last year http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9255702/Manchester-Citys-930-million-spending-spree-to-turn-club-into-Premier-League-title-contenders.html

P.s thats not the only source, plenty online and breakdowns on what the owners have spent...

so with all that spending, they still have the cheapest adult ST...

Says alot about the rest of the leagues

£1billion,

they wiped the club of £360m debt and have spent £260m alone on strikers! 

I heard £1b, It was £930m out of the owners pocket in may last year http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9255702/Manchester-Citys-930-million-spending-spree-to-turn-club-into-Premier-League-title-contenders.html

P.s thats not the only source, plenty online and breakdowns on what the owners have spent...

so with all that spending, they still have the cheapest adult ST...

Says alot about the rest of the leagues

Fookin hell, I'm staggered at that figure.

Fookin hell, I'm staggered at that figure.

I was staggered by the amount of debt they had got themselves into, Madness really... But they say winning the league earns a club hundreds of millions, I would think the arabs will be building the club into genuine title contenders/european contenders, to then sell! 

Completely agree,

come burnley we will know the answer, £15 fans fixture...

We won't know the answer though because someone very rightly said, it's not fair to use fans fixtures as a barometer. The high prices have bred a reluctance to go to games at all, it's bred a non matchgoing culture and one cheap game isn't going to defeat that, even if it does drag in a decent crowd.

We're ran by greedy short-termists. There's no doubt about it. The fact they're non-football people is proven by the increasing prices every season despite having a ground that's about two thirds full - I fail to believe we aren't capable of hitting 30k especially against the likes of Forest. If Brighton can average 26k, why the hell can't we?

The pricing for season tickets at Leicester are fairly reasonable in some areas of the ground - I like what I pay - £12.83 a game, U22 in SK1, can't knock it. But matchday prices ranging from £30-40 for a Championship game? It's absolutely indefensible.

I imagine they have a medium term goal of getting to the Premier League and when that happens they know they'll be able to sell out the ground.

At that point they'll want to charge £40 a ticket and that only seems reasonable if you've been been charging £30 the season before, not £20.

It's a business and they're investing. I'm sure if they thought they'd never get out of this division then they may take another look at prices, attendance, as well as players pay

Occasionally. I genuinely cannot see us averaging over 27k in the Premier League unless something seriously changes at this club. We're ran by greedy short-termists.

I was staggered by the amount of debt they had got themselves into, Madness really... But they say winning the league earns a club hundreds of millions, I would think the arabs will be building the club into genuine title contenders/european contenders, to then sell! 

Their owners have that much money that it's nothing but a toy. They could lose serious money and it'd mean nothing to them because of how much they are. I think Man City's owners are a rare case.

Their owners have that much money that it's nothing but a toy. They could lose serious money and it'd mean nothing to them because of how much they are. I think Man City's owners are a rare case.

I don't think there are many owners who are in it to make money, the figures for buying a small club and then selling after gaining promotion to the PL may look attractive but the risks are too big. For most it's an ego thing or a way of linking their business with a Premier League football team.

I don't think there are many owners who are in it to make money, the figures for buying a small club and then selling after gaining promotion to the PL may look attractive but the risks are too big. For most it's an ego thing or a way of linking their business with a Premier League football team.

Ours is certainly the latter (or at least was the intention).

I really do think Man City's are people who've got that much money that they don't know what the hell to do with it, so they'll go and buy a Premier League club and see how it goes.

How people within the game can actually encourage this to happen truly astounds me. I see Mourinho was talking in favour of it all the other day but no surprise for a man who jumps from richest club in one league to richest club in another.

Personally I don't really care about individual match prices as I'm a season ticket holder. Earlier someone suggested a potential rise in season ticket prices in order to lower individual match prices and that to me is laughable. Fair enough if you can't go week in, week out but other fans shouldn't have to make it easier for you to go. At the end of the day people are talking about improvement in atmosphere etc and I actually think increased attendances make atmosphere worse. Bigger attendance away games are usually shit and Fulham on Tuesday was an example of how the stadium can be bouncing at 17,000.

End of the day people will never be happy with pricing no matter what and to be honest I know a lot of fans who are resentful to these "fans fixtures" etc and Forest and Watford (playoffs) away last season are two perfect examples of how day trippers and fair-weather fans, get regular fans backs up by kicking off and moaning about not being able to get tickets. You can't EXPECT to get tickets to the desirable games if you aren't prepared to shell out for less desirable (Doncaster, Yeovil, Barnsley etc).

If the club were anything like a normal business they'd have people doing work on price elasticity to work out the difference in demand based on a change in price (because, presumably, it's not a linear relationship), and how this would affect other things like policing cost, food intake, etc. That doesn't even take into account other benefits (improved factors). Shit, if you wanted you could get someone building an econometric model to try and predict attendance based on internal and external factors (price, form, the team we're playing, even things like weather and the like). I don't think they do though.

If anyone from the club is listening, giveusajob. I'll save you millions.

Personally I don't really care about individual match prices as I'm a season ticket holder. Earlier someone suggested a potential rise in season ticket prices in order to lower individual match prices and that to me is laughable. Fair enough if you can't go week in, week out but other fans shouldn't have to make it easier for you to go. At the end of the day people are talking about improvement in atmosphere etc and I actually think increased attendances make atmosphere worse. Bigger attendance away games are usually shit and Fulham on Tuesday was an example of how the stadium can be bouncing at 17,000.

End of the day people will never be happy with pricing no matter what and to be honest I know a lot of fans who are resentful to these "fans fixtures" etc and Forest and Watford (playoffs) away last season are two perfect examples of how day trippers and fair-weather fans, get regular fans backs up by kicking off and moaning about not being able to get tickets. You can't EXPECT to get tickets to the desirable games if you aren't prepared to shell out for less desirable (Doncaster, Yeovil, Barnsley etc).

You can't really say that when a lot of us have grown up with rip-off after rip-off every season. Ask the fans in the Bundesliga if they're happy with their pricing.

Agreed with the rest of your post a lot though.

You can't really say that when a lot of us have grown up with rip-off after rip-off every season. Ask the fans in the Bundesliga if they're happy with their pricing.

Agreed with the rest of your post a lot though.

The biggest myth in football is Bundesliga pricing. Only certain amount of tickets are at the drastically reduced rate and I know from people with first hand experience that trying to get those tickets is nigh on impossible as everybody subscribes to try and get them. The majority of pricing is not that great, C-man is a regular to Germany so he will know more than myself on the subject.

If the club were anything like a normal business they'd have people doing work on price elasticity to work out the difference in demand based on a change in price (because, presumably, it's not a linear relationship), and how this would affect other things like policing cost, food intake, etc. That doesn't even take into account other benefits (improved factors). Shit, if you wanted you could get someone building an econometric model to try and predict attendance based on internal and external factors (price, form, the team we're playing, even things like weather and the like). I don't think they do though.

If anyone from the club is listening, giveusajob. I'll save you millions.

What makes you think they don't do this? I would assume that they certainly do. Getting the price right is about as basic as business gets. It's a bit ludicrous to suggest they haven't ran the numbers tbh.

What makes you think they don't do this? I would assume that they certainly do. Getting the price right is about as basic as business gets. It's a bit ludicrous to suggest they haven't ran the numbers tbh.

I'm not sure they have a team of analysts that do the kind of work I was thinking of. I'm sure they have someone who's done some kind of work with working out the price of things.

That's not an average ticket though, is it? That's an adult ticket for the east stand for a gold match. I don't know what our average ticket price is so I guessed at £21 which is probably about right. It doesn't make a lot of difference anyway as the point is to show the difference in attendances required to match current revenue at various reductions in ticket price.

£21 certainly isn't the average, that's an U22. There are more expensive tickets than £28, I'd say that is the average.

I do find it astounding how some of our fans are so desperate to defend the club. Our prices really aren't 'fine'. I can't believe some people are happy with paying that kind of money and with our attendances dropping every season.

The biggest myth in football is Bundesliga pricing. Only certain amount of tickets are at the drastically reduced rate and I know from people with first hand experience that trying to get those tickets is nigh on impossible as everybody subscribes to try and get them. The majority of pricing is not that great, C-man is a regular to Germany so he will know more than myself on the subject.

How many of them? I appreciate they are only limited but their pricing still pisses all over English.

What does it take for owners to be "football people" anyway? Do they have to have played the game professionally? Or is it more about just being English?

To not make every single decision revolved around draining every penny from every fan as soon as possible. Our owners are far from the worst but they're far from the best as well.

Archived