Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

FAO Foxes Trust / Leicester Lass / anyone with a brain for business.

It would be an interesting question for the fans committee to ask the club where they get their marketing information regards setting the price points.

If it could be proven that the prices are too high with conclusive data then the club will lower them.

Which owners are the best then? Who are setting the example for our owners to follow?

Any owners who are not absolutely hell bent on draining every single penny they can from the fans at the cost of attendances.

Admittedly here, I'm struggling to name any specific clubs that stand out as I quite honestly don't know enough about how every other club is run, but I fail to believe for one second every club in the country operates in the totally greedy way ours does.

I'll throw a name out there actually - Brighton. Highest crowds in our league last year, they aren't a bigger club than us, how are they doing it?

Any owners who are not absolutely hell bent on draining every single penny they can from the fans at the cost of attendances.

Admittedly here, I'm struggling to name any specific clubs that stand out as I quite honestly don't know enough about how every other club is run, but I fail to believe for one second every club in the country operates in the totally greedy way ours does.

I'll throw a name out there actually - Brighton. Highest crowds in our league last year, they aren't a bigger club than us, how are they doing it?

Sussex is one of the most affluent places in the UK so disposable income is a big factor.

Admittedly here, I'm struggling to name any specific clubs that stand out as I quite honestly don't know enough about how every other club is run, but I fail to believe for one second every club in the country operates in the totally greedy way ours does.

I'll throw a name out there actually - Brighton. Highest crowds in our league last year, they aren't a bigger club than us, how are they doing it?

They've got a relatively new stadium with low-ish prices (I think) which is why they get a decent crowd in

Admittedly here, I'm struggling to name any specific clubs that stand out as I quite honestly don't know enough about how every other club is run, but I fail to believe for one second every club in the country operates in the totally greedy way ours does.

I'll throw a name out there actually - Brighton. Highest crowds in our league last year, they aren't a bigger club than us, how are they doing it?

I think we'd all prefer it if football clubs weren't ran as businesses, but they are, they all are, and all other owners are just as "hell bent" on making a profit as ours are. It's just the nature of business. Some owners, luckily not ours, even go as far as asset stripping and intentionally ruining a club for their own gain. Our owners haven't done any of that, instead preferring to drastically improve club infrastructure and invest heavily in the team when they could. Our ticket prices meanwhile are perfectly comparable to other clubs of our standing.

There's a lot to be mad about with modern football, but our owners are a symptom, not the cause of the problems. Give them a break, they seem like good people to me

Wasn't Brighton Brad saying they were fleecing the fans for cup games last season?

Not saying you are wrong, just thought I remembered seeing him discussing their prices.

Sussex is one of the most affluent places in the UK so disposable income is a big factor.

Granted Leicestershire isn't on Sussex's level but there's a lot of fairly rich places in the county.

They've got a relatively new stadium with low-ish prices (I think) which is why they get a decent crowd in

They didn't tend to sell out the Withdean and that held about eight thousand did it not? I won't even try and claim that the new stadium hasn't had an impact as it's transformed them as a club, but their so called 'honeymoon' crowds aren't dwidling yet. They're doing something very right down there.

I think we'd all prefer it if football clubs weren't ran as businesses, but they are, they all are, and all other owners are just as "hell bent" on making a profit as ours are. It's just the nature of business. Some owners, luckily not ours, even go as far as asset stripping and intentionally ruining a club for their own gain. Our owners haven't done any of that, instead preferring to drastically improve club infrastructure and invest heavily in the team when they could. Our ticket prices meanwhile are perfectly comparable to other clubs of our standing.

There's a lot to be mad about with modern football, but our owners are a symptom, not the cause of the problems. Give them a break, they seem like good people to me

I get what you're saying but that doesn't excuse having dropping crowds when the team is improving.

Our owners have in fairness put in a strong effort to get us up, they've just been very naive in letting a prat go and blow all the money on crap and are paying the price as a result.

Wasn't Brighton Brad saying they were fleecing the fans for cup games last season?

Not saying you are wrong, just thought I remembered seeing him discussing their prices.

Good point actually.

I've accepted in modern football that there'll be things that I don't like and have also accepted that we do need to get money in somehow to compete - but fleecing fans for every penny is not the answer and the dwindling crowds, despite an improving team, prove that. It's all a very short-term approach and if they aren't careful we'll turn into Coventry. I dread to think how poor our crowds would be this year if we were doing badly.

It is discussed in the meetings quite often to be honest, and the stock answer that the club use is that our prices are competitive with other teams in the division. It doesn't help that when the BBC do their price of football survey etc. that fans fixtures are taken into account, excluding those fixtures there's not many clubs who'd be charging anywhere near what we do for games.

The fall in attendances last season was brought up a couple of meetings ago and again the club representatives say it was a pattern across the whole division, with most clubs seeing a couple of thousand shaved off their home attendances. They also had the Sky excuse last season too.

Our ST figures are up on last season, yet our attendances have been nothing short of terrible this season. We have a sub-committee meeting on Monday and I'll be bringing up the issue of cheap student tickets, so I imagine ticket prices in general will be discussed too.

Would the club follow suite though if others dropped their prices and saw a 2k increase? I doubt it.

If the club were anything like a normal business they'd have people doing work on price elasticity to work out the difference in demand based on a change in price (because, presumably, it's not a linear relationship), and how this would affect other things like policing cost, food intake, etc. That doesn't even take into account other benefits (improved factors). Shit, if you wanted you could get someone building an econometric model to try and predict attendance based on internal and external factors (price, form, the team we're playing, even things like weather and the like). I don't think they do though.

If anyone from the club is listening, giveusajob. I'll save you millions.

I'd love to see something like this, would be some seriously interesting stats, come on Top give him a job!

Would the club follow suite though if others dropped their prices and saw a 2k increase? I doubt it.

If they're seriously brushing off an attendance drop from last year in a year that we had 7 Saturday 3pm's, against this year where we've won 8 out of our 9 home games because 'others have too' (which isn't always the case), then I think that speaks volumes about some of the prats at this club.

Not necessarily blaming the Thais for all of it.

Out of curiosity whatever happened to that dynamic pricing policy that some clubs had last year? Do some still do it and does anybody know fans of those clubs (think Cardiff and Derby were involved) with a view on it?

Has anything ever been raised re: shoddy quality of Foxes Player?

Time and time again threads are made on here stating the poor quality that is previously promised of a stream or commentary. Nearly every match it stops and starts, whereas if you go on to the opposition team's commentary, it's crystal clear and never cuts out.

And then we have the highlights - since when has it been fair that goals are shown on YouTube near enough on the same day as the match has taken place, but those who have subscribed to Foxes Player have to wait up to 24 hours for goals on the website? Surely it should be the other way round - let those who have paid for a service receive it first before it goes out to the public for free?

And that's not to mention the quality of the stream on Foxes Player! Don't know about any other sides' quality, but why is it always so blurry and fuzzy? It's never, ever clear. For a supposedly high quality stream which we are paying for, it's never ever high quality.

Has anything ever been raised re: shoddy quality of Foxes Player?

Time and time again threads are made on here stating the poor quality that is previously promised of a stream or commentary. Nearly every match it stops and starts, whereas if you go on to the opposition team's commentary, it's crystal clear and never cuts out.

And then we have the highlights - since when has it been fair that goals are shown on YouTube near enough on the same day as the match has taken place, but those who have subscribed to Foxes Player have to wait up to 24 hours for goals on the website? Surely it should be the other way round - let those who have paid for a service receive it first before it goes out to the public for free?

And that's not to mention the quality of the stream on Foxes Player! Don't know about any other sides' quality, but why is it always so blurry and fuzzy? It's never, ever clear. For a supposedly high quality stream which we are paying for, it's never ever high quality.

I agree with all of this bar the last, 

I constantly see people complaining about the quality and the stream going down,

But cannot speak from my own experience, because for me its been faultless. Never had a problem, Not knowing much about radio is there a reason why it is bad for some but perfect for others? (P.s I don't use every week, sometimes when not at a game)

Very true about the youtube though.. 

I agree with all of this bar the last, 

I constantly see people complaining about the quality and the stream going down,

But cannot speak from my own experience, because for me its been faultless. Never had a problem, Not knowing much about radio is there a reason why it is bad for some but perfect for others? (P.s I don't use every week, sometimes when not at a game)

Very true about the youtube though.. 

Interesting. All other video streaming sites or any other kind of video can play fine on my laptop but always when uit comes to Foxes Player it is never clear like others. The video will always load, nothing wrong with buffering or connecting etc; it's just the quality while it's playing.

Maybe it's because how far away the listener is. But then I've seen people further from Leicester than me (sometimes even different country) have no problem at all. I live in Bedford. Not that far in the grand scheme of things from Leicester!

I said this in another thread, but all of these calculations on price elasticity are flawed because this is not a simple model, first of all there is no product or service it is a football club, and the reward from reducing tickets cannot be seen purely as an increase in numbers through the gate on a match day.

Attendances are dwindling because people are becoming more and more disillusioned and detached from football clubs, it is not just down to ticket prices, it comes down to fans feeling like they are a revenue stream for clubs, consumers rather than supporters, and not wanting to repeat myself, we are being pumped for every penny to pay players more in a week than we earn in a year. FFP is only going to make this worse as clubs need to maximise revenue streams to be able to pay top wages. 

So what is the point of reducing ticket prices? We'll get less money and only marginally bigger crowds, because if we don't we are going to lose more fans people are being driven away, more people would rather watch Soccer Saturday or the game on TV, or just spend that £50 each on something more substantial than 90 minutes of what could lead you feeling very disappointed. There will always be loyal fans, who will support the club through thick or thin and will support them by paying whatever it costs, but the casual fans are being priced out, those with commitments, that need to justify spending that amount of money, or giving up that amount of time and it is getting harder to do. But if people stop feeling like revenue streams and start being treated as fans and a valid and important part of the club, then they will stay with the club longer and probably end up spending a lot more money in the long run.

Archived