Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skegness fox

Best pub before game

Hi guys ive not been to a home game for about 2 years due to other commitments and a lack of cash although ive been to a few away games,ive decided i need to get down a bit more starting with forest on saturday and would like to know which are the best pubs before game,train arrives at 11.20 so will probably go to last plantagenet first for a burger and pint but not sure after that,is the peel still any good! Suggestions please

The S&R is a cracking pre-match pub, always worth a visit and cracking beers.

The Last Plantagenet is a shit tip, avoid.

If you want a bigger pub that's nice and close to the ground with a bit of atmosphere, you can't beat the Counting House really. It's far superior to the Local Hero imo.

All much of a muchness mate, Counting house, Local Hero, always busy, but may take a while to get served.

Peel is alright, doesn't take quite as long to get a drink.

Western is a Steaming Billy pub now, but not as busy as it used to be.

If you want a cheap pint away from the town, the lost bar on narborough rd, not the biggest place but it's out the way if you don't want any hassle.

As a man who loves South East Asian Lager, I can't get enough of Nine Bar on Narborough Road that serves ice cold Tiger. Usually go there and The Western. If I come in on the train i'll always have a few in what used to be called Time Bar, is it now called The Yard?

Archived