Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Formula 1 2014

That'd be his car, not his teammate.

It's quite clear to me that now Ricciardo has a car of equal standing to his teammate, that Vettel is not as good as he thinks he is. Throwing his toys out of the pram in today's race cost his teammate arguably a podium spot.

Vettel is overrated and when it's up and at him, he has a paddy. This will come back to bite him on the backside later this season and I hope Ricciardo gives him the two fingers when doing so.

Vettel is no team player after today's shenanigans and no doubt Horner will cover for him once more and play it down but clearly there's an issue here.

This is true, Webber was driving a car without the updates...

The Mercedes is actually more than a second quicker per lap in races. About 1 second quicker in qualifying. Can overtake with ease because they have more straight-line speed than their rivals. It's the most dominant car since the 1998 McLaren and there's no unlimited testing or development for other teams to catch it during the season.

What about the '04 Ferrari, or the beginning of the season Brawn (admittedly they didn't have the money to keep development up and got caught up but had this kind of advantage at this stage in the season) and while Red Bull haven't been this far ahead for a whole season they've certainly been this far ahead for patches over the last few years, albeit without the straight line advantage.

Red Bull are suffering badly with these new engines and the fact that they're not able to use the exhaust system to their advantage like last season with the peculiar sounding car that Vettel drove. Nobody ever got to the bottom of that one but I'm sure Webber could cast a light on it since he was never party to the same car at the time. Maybe he's been told to keep quiet. lol

What about the '04 Ferrari, or the beginning of the season Brawn (admittedly they didn't have the money to keep development up and got caught up but had this kind of advantage at this stage in the season) and while Red Bull haven't been this far ahead for a whole season they've certainly been this far ahead for patches over the last few years, albeit without the straight line advantage.

The 04 Ferrari is a decent shout. We'll have to see if any of the other teams close the gap, but I feel Merc's integration of the engine and associated systems with their car is not catchable. I can see Red Bull maybe pushing them on a few circuits where engines are less important.

Today marks the 20th anniversary of Senna's death. I was only 2 years old when he was killed but watching videos of his onboard laps and the documentary made me admire him so much. He will always be remembered as a true racing icon and a role model.

Thank you for the memories Ayrton, we still miss you.

Today marks the 20th anniversary of Senna's death. I was only 2 years old when he was killed but watching videos of his onboard laps and the documentary made me admire him so much. He will always be remembered as a true racing icon and a role model.

Thank you for the memories Ayrton, we still miss you.

Absolute legend. I was only 5, but like you, I've watched all the Senna footage I can find and he's such a hero to me. His qualifying lap of Monaco in 1988 was just sensational  :wub:

Absolute legend. I was only 5, but like you, I've watched all the Senna footage I can find and he's such a hero to me. His qualifying lap of Monaco in 1988 was just sensational  :wub:

And also Jerez in 1990.

'the last teammate ' , being shown on Sky sports F1 this week is brilliant. Damon Hill & David Brabham (Ratzenbergers teamate ) go back to Imola , to recall the weekend .

Senna was my hero . I was 10 when he died. Still remember all the details of what I was doing on the fateful weekend

I won't forget it ever, such a sad day for sport.  Robbed everyone of an emerging rivalry between Senna and Schumacher too.  It wasn't just the one day though, right from the terrible Rubens smash, the rogue tyre injurying mechanics in the pitlane, qualifying, the race itself, it was just an awful run of events which changed the sport forever.

Hats off to sky this week though, the programming has been excellent and it was good to hear Prosts side of the story especially with reference to the docu Senna in the way he himself was portrayed in that. 

Hats off to sky this week though, the programming has been excellent and it was good to hear Prosts side of the story especially with reference to the docu Senna in the way he himself was portrayed in that. 

The documentaries have been fantastic. The Last Team-mate with Damon Hill and Brabham was very good as was the journalists special talking about Senna. It did surprise me that all of the journalists said they didn't particularly like Senna (inc. Murray Walker). The Ratzeneberger documentary was also good last night with some fascinating stories including his relationship with a 'later, very well-known' female MTV presenter in the weeks leading up to his accident. Brilliant to see that Sky hadn't forgotten him.  

I still find it strange that McLaren got the fine , even though it was a Ferrari employee who gave them the info

Because a McLaren employee accepted the info.

Archived