Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Old school Leicester City pictures

This is great.

The orient pic's 90% of the crowd was us.

The pic with the fans on the pitch and a guy in his under pants.

That was Jon ONiell after he had been stripped buy us lol lol serve him right for being so slow lol lol lol

The Chelsea pics could have been from any of our games over about 15 years.

It was fun but dangerous too.

In fact going back to Chelsea and the Ken Bates take over for a £1 is the only time in my life I have been glad we had health n safety.

Just after he took over he come up with some crack pot idea to electrify the fences lol lol lol

They should have issued head gear for some games to. 2p 10p (the big oid ones) batteries and the odd dart.

Headgear  lol

I remember the Kop at Filbert Street when it was seating and there way a net between the east stand and every now and then (usually against Forrest or Derby) the Tannoy would come on saying please stop throwing coins at the away fans, but darts!! thats insane sounds more dangerous than fun. Still i doubt you can beat the atmosphere at a standing game

Headgear  lol

I remember the Kop at Filbert Street when it was seating and there way a net between the east stand and every now and then (usually against Forrest or Derby) the Tannoy would come on saying please stop throwing coins at the away fans, but darts!! thats insane sounds more dangerous than fun. Still i doubt you can beat the atmosphere at a standing game

Away fans used to be in pen 1 no net just steel mesh about 5inch by 10 inch on a chelsea match you could here tings from coins hitting all match long.

Before that went up one game against villa they bought the tops and bottoms from bean cans.

Chelsea would send groups into pen 2 to kick off.

WHU came out early at the end of one game and tried to storm pens 2,3,4.

Hard for some to believe that have never seen it.

Some on here have put wish I had seen it.

Really was not funny and not somewhere you want to be.

Just wish the 20k plus we get now could make the noise n support like 12k did.

Away fans used to be in pen 1 no net just steel mesh about 5inch by 10 inch on a chelsea match you could here tings from coins hitting all match long.

Before that went up one game against villa they bought the tops and bottoms from bean cans.

Chelsea would send groups into pen 2 to kick off.

WHU came out early at the end of one game and tried to storm pens 2,3,4.

Hard for some to believe that have never seen it.

Some on here have put wish I had seen it.

Really was not funny and not somewhere you want to be.

Just wish the 20k plus we get now could make the noise n support like 12k did.

I remember a west ham game where I thought it was going to kick off afterwards and that it might be best to leave around 85 mins. As I left pen 2 there were WHU fans had climbed into the steel girders above the exit and obviously all had to walk under them to get out. clearly, I was right! Aggro was never far away in those days but the atmosphere in the moving mass of bodies back and forth was great. And how many times did you get burned by someone's fag!

Great days.

• 4 weeks later...

The hari krishna away day! Think you can just about see one in shot. Lost 3-2 I think and had to beat Oxford the week after to stay up.

The finest away day fancy dress ever.  I seem to remember inspired by the "bald" wigs bought fro Rooster Russell.

Fantastic as they invaded the roof above the boxes and the stewards didn't what to do as a "riot" of tambourine playing broke out.

Proud to say that i was at most of the games featured. Loads of memories. The Fulham 1983 promotion winning season 1-0 win we spent most of the game under the cosh. Ian Wilsons scored the winner.

Fulham '83.  I remember exactly where I was as the ball hit the back of the net - having a wee!  Bugger.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived