Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings vs Stoke City

Douglas 6 - Not convincing, at all. Made a few mistakes again, which would have resulted in goals in the last game.

Maybury 6

Gilbert 6 - I'd still like to see Sheehan given a go, impressed me against Inter.

Johansson 6

McCarthy 6 - Booked early on through a very rash challenge, kept his cool though afterwards. Love his passion!

Sylla 7 - Very inconsistant, but gives us pace down the wings, not too sure about his shooting ability though.

Wilcox 6 - Quite average from Wilcox. If Hughes is going to get back into the team then i hope he takes his place, the rest of the midfield is looking quality.

Gudjonsson 9 - Quality tonight, i think he must have saw Weso's performance against Celtic and thought hang on a minute that's what i should be doing. Easily the improved player this season.

Willliams 10 - :D :D :D It's a pleasure watching him play lately. One of the best performances i've seen him from, i just hope he keeps these early performances up.

Connolly 10 - Best player out there along with Williams, finishing at its best from him, last season he would have missed a few of the goals he got tonight, he also had a hand in the first goal if i remember correctly, that little dummy so the ball reached De Vries. His movement is essential to us.

De Vries 7 - Started ever so well, but tired towards the end. That showed in the build up to Stokes 2nd goal.

Elvis - 8 - Well, what an effect he had. Lightning quick and was so close to scoring his first ever goal in English football. Looks to be the perfect replacement for Sylla or either striker to change the game. I like him!

I worry about the defence :ph34r:

Douglas 7

Maybury 5

Gilbert 5

Johansson 6

McCarthy 5

Sylla 6

Wilcox 6

Gudjonsson 8

Willliams 9

Connolly 10

De Vries 8

Elvis 7

Douglas 7

Maybury 6

Gilbert 6

Johansson 6

McCarthy 6

Sylla 6

Wilcox 6

Gudjonsson 9

Willliams 9

Connolly 10

De Vries 7

153783[/snapback]

Douglas 6,

Maybury 6,

Gilbert 5

Johansson 5

McCarthy 7

Sylla 5

Wilcox 6

Gudjohnsson 9

Williams 7

Connolly 10

DeVries 7

substitute: Hammond 7

Douglas 6

Maybury 7

Gilbert 7

Johansson 7

McCarthy 6

Sylla 6

Wilcox 5

Gudjonsson 9

Willliams 9

Connolly 10

De Vries 8 - best performance from him so far, keep it up!

Elvis 7 - would have been a 9 if he started, andy from long eaton, up yours!

douglas 7

maybury 7.5

macarthy 7

johanson 7

gilbert 6

sylla 6.5

williams 7.5

gudjohnson 7

wilcox 7

connolly 9.9

deep freeze 7 (might start calling him `hot vries` soon?)

elvis 7 could be the faster than lightning player i asked for before the game?

when was the last time we scored a hat-trick?

Douglas - 7 - took some great crosses in the first half, but a bit hesitant in the second on occasions. Not really tested shot stopping wise all night.

Maybury - 7 - Another solid performance, must be one of the best full backs in this league. Still occasionally beaten a bit easily though.

McCarthy - 6 - He's silly sometimes, can do some great things but then some crazy ones. Silly tackle in the second minute and we all know the striker is backing into you Paddy, but don't be silly and put your arms all over him as the ref will give a free kick!

Johansson - 7 - Solid defensively, played some wayward passes though, after I bigged him up on the radion too about being able to pass! Cheers Nils. :P

Gilbert - 6 - Dodgy spells and some dodgy passes, but seemed to settle in eventually, never really noticeable.

Sylla - 8 - Ah, he's gonna be great :D Some great silky skills and plenty of energy and pace. Really a great attacking winger, we've missed one of these for a while.

Gudjonsson - 7 - He's improved a lot on last season and his shooting wasn't as off, still has the odd moment of crapness though which nearly cost us. Glad he was thumped, or whatever :D:o

Williams - 8 - Another huge improvement from last season, but still goes in and out of games. Did some wonderful things today, but then some bad passes too. Seems to have more energy about him.

Wilcox - 7 - A couple of decent balls in and a few badduns, but again, huge improvement on last season. Paddy had a reet go at him in the second half, poor old Jase didn't know where to look :o:D

Connolly - 9 - Hat trick, can't ask for more really. Some great touches throughout too, bloody good footballer. Hope he can keep the goalscoring up, we bloody need it.

de Vries - 9.5 - Thought he was **** awesome, so much revolved around him and he played loads of good balls. His strength is immense. Got pissed off with people having a pop still when he made one mistake after he was playing so well, stop being so **** fickly you bell ends :o NB. This is directed at no one inparticular, just some arses sitting around us who went off moaning :D

Subs:

Elvis - 7 - Looks very energetic and fast :D Playing out of position too, could be a great find!

Andy From Long Eaton

Douglas 3 - pathetic, bring in logan

Gilbert 1

Johansson 0 - Doesn't command

McCarthy 2

Maybury 3

Sylla 1 - Lazy

Williams 2 - No creativity, what do people see in him

Gudjonnsson 3 - Hoof

Wilcox 1 - O.A.P

De Vries 2 - scared to hit a tamborine

Connolly 4 - better than normal

Sub

Hammond 0 - Levein signs another loser because he is not worth a million

Levein -10, tactically useless, 2 sloppy goals, LEVEIN OUT

Leicester fans -6, bunch of Leicester City representatives

Andy From Long Eaton

Gilbert 1

McCarthy 2

Maybury 3

Sylla 1 - Lazy

Gudjonnsson 3 - Hoof

Wilcox 1 - O.A.P

Sub

lollollollollollol

Douglas - 7. Collected the ball from crosses reasonably, however looked suspect sometimes when rushing out, once he was caught out and stoke almost scored, their shot just going wide.

Maybury - 6. Solid going forward, but his defending is quite poor. We were constantly caught out on that side this evning, especially when they went down to 10 men.

McCarthy and Johansson - 6. They need to sort out their partnership in central defense quick, They looked suspect when they were run at and 6 goals conceded in the first 2 games isnt great.

Gilbert - 6. Wasnt really noticeable apart from a few good interventions.

Sylla - 7. Was great going forward, with some lovely skill and flair, but he didnt really help Maybury out much. Hammond was the same when he came on.

Gudjohnson - 6. If Williams is going forward, Gudjohnsson has to sit back and help protect the defence. At the moment, he's pushing forward too much and leaving the defence to be ran at on the counter attack.

Williams - 8. Fantastic tonight, hes really started the seaosn on form, and his play leading up to Conners' second was magnificent.

Wilcox - 6. Steady performance from the old-timer, some good passes and overlaps, but some useless crosses too.

Connolly - 8. Yes he scored 3 goals which is obviously great, but he could work on holding up the ball a bit more, as whenever it was lumped clear towards him he couldnt control the ball and it was lumped clear. However, he took the goals brilliantly and he's top of the goalscorers chart. Looking forward to the rest of the season if he continues in this vein of form :D

de Vries - 8. Excellent performance by tthe big man. His control and the way he held the ball up was fantastic as were some of the lay-offs to Connolly. He ven managed to get his head to the ball on a number of occasions. Well done MDV :thumbup::D

Stoke were poor really but City did enough up front to suggest they'll have a chance this season. Hope Levein can tighten up the defence when were leading, or there might be some nervous moments ahead :smile:

Andy From Long Eaton

Gilbert 1

McCarthy 2

Maybury 3

Sylla 1 - Lazy

Gudjonnsson 3 - Hoof

Wilcox 1 - O.A.P

Sub

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

153819[/snapback]

hmmmmm, what WAS this guy smoking??

someone sat behind me at the game was moaning throughout....he said Douglas didnt catch anything....NEJ looked uneasy on the ball....Maybury couldnt tackle....Williams couldnt pass and Connolly didnt move enough....

153841[/snapback]

Sounds like a Leicester fan :D

Archived